Running away with it

plymouthranger

First of all, I want to congratulate Ally on settling our squad down and allowing us to be well on our way to our only goal this season, reach the 2nd division. We've currently got a 22 point lead over our greatest rivals, and its to be expected that we'll still have a decent lead at this time next season in the 2nd division (maybe not quite to the same extent as we currently do, but we should have a cushion nonetheless).

Now I, and many other fans, despaired when the club decided to bring in swathes of foreign players (e.g. Cribari, Faure etc.) when we have some fantastic young players in our youth set ups (I perticulary like the look of Gasparotto the young Canadian lad).

What I would like next season, is if Ally intergrates more and more younger players in place of some of these foreign players who havn't excelled. We can finally afford to give players game time without the pressure of winning every game, in theory we should still walk the league. So why not potentially sacrifice a few points off our lead to bring through young Rangers (who could excel like McKay, McLeod etc. have done).

I'd rather win next years division by one point with a team almost solely made up of young Auchenhowie bears, than by 20 with a team made up from some bit-part players who we'll have to replace in a couple of seasons anyways because their not SPL standard. The potential for our younger players to mature and become far better players is there, I feel we should be doing everything possible to maximize it..

Next year will be harder for the team make no mistake. For the fans also as the bubble of a new adventure may burst, for some it already has.

We will do what we have to, to win and win well. If our manager and coaches deem the youngsters are good enough they will play. As has been shown this season.

Next season we should expect to win the league no doubt at all and will, by what points margin I'm not sure, it's round one again with new teams, dirty bassa players who want a piece of flesh as a trophy.

We should see a more settled, hungry and fearless side playing and I for one cant wait.

All based on going up a division playing different opposition, but who knows what's going on thr.

Players should play if they are ready and able as far as youngsters go and I believe of they are good enough thr time will come soon enough.

Next year our young players will have had a bit of experience and I'd like to see more youth added to that.

I'd also like to think that there is a plan in place as regards training changes, just to make it interesting and provide something new in a 'next level'sort of way. I don't know much, if anything about our training, but we need a long term plan to get us out of where we are and be left with a very nice little set up when we're back at the top.

Next year our young players will have had a bit of experience and I'd like to see more youth added to that.

I'd also like to think that there is a plan in place as regards training changes, just to make it interesting and provide something new in a 'next level'sort of way. I don't know much, if anything about our training, but we need a long term plan to get us out of where we are and be left with a very nice little set up when we're back at the top.

The first thing is to get Ian Durrants hands out of his pockets.... doh

Now I, and many other fans, despaired when the club decided to bring in swathes of foreign players (e.g. Cribari, Faure etc.) when we have some fantastic young players in our youth set ups (I perticulary like the look of Gasparotto the young Canadian lad).

We needed to bring in players at the start of this season , i think the club did rather well in the market , considering the time we had and our current league we`er in . Ally`s signings were good although Faure has not set the heather alight by any means , looking at his pedigree you can see why he was signed same with Cribari who had played over 200 games in Seria A .

Next season is going to be class , i dunno about anymore youngsters emerging but imho we have still to see a lot more from players like Templeton , Sheils , Sandaza , Black who all will be more settled next season and be a lot more comfortable playing for such a huge club like Rangers .

Next season I think will be better for us providing Ally makes smart moves in the transfer window, we can hopefully move on any deadwood and look to improve the squad.

Plus its another season for the likes of McKay, Hegarty and MacLeod to all progress (tu)

Just enjoy winning the title this year,next season will take care of its self. We will have a proper pre season not the upheaval we had this season also ally & his staff will be in a position to make some signings on the 1st of September & best of all we will have shaken off that illegal transfer embargo so we can compete with the rest in the open market

We need to sign some more SPL level players to win the league next season for sure. Hopefully injuries force us to play the ball on the deck next season and forces Ally to play players on their proper positions.

:541:

We need to sign SPL players to win Division 2? Seriously?

I'll be hoping for as least injuries as poss tbh, why hope injuries occur. My bad I should have realised who said it before I commented :(

It's that regurgitation thing he does, it's that regurgitation thing he does.

We need to sign some more SPL level players to win the league next season for sure. Hopefully injuries force us to play the ball on the deck next season and forces Ally to play players on their proper positions.

:541:

Please be sarcasm? After this season that should not be Ally's plan of attack for next season.

Next year will be harder for the team make no mistake. For the fans also as the bubble of a new adventure may burst, for some it already has.

We will do what we have to, to win and win well. If our manager and coaches deem the youngsters are good enough they will play. As has been shown this season.

I dont think it will be any harder. The team will have a full season of knowing eachothers game inside out, coupled with one or two additions. Over the course we will have a healthy lead