Potential signings for 1st September

sergi1980

i think a few people on here would take SPL players just to laugh at the SPL teams.

i would shop elsewhere tbh,the quality is utter shite in the SPL and even if we were to get anyone even half decent,we would have to pay way over the odds.

i understand people are also talking about out of contract players,but if they're not good enough for a shitty SPL team,they won't be good enough for us.

i say,get the scouts far and wide and stay away from past players and SPL has beens,it's time to look forward not back.

unearth a gem and sell at a profit is the way forward.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See I haven't seen enough of him to truly judge him. He might be fantastic, but I think he's a bit overhyped simply because we have been after him before.

I think we need a couple of centre halfs tbh because Perry doesn't convince me at all and you just do not know what you are going to get from Cribari. Ideally I would prefer a younger ball playing one alongside the experienced veteran who can do the simple things well.

I'm sure there will be lots of "forgotten" about players whohave headed to England and ended up in the lower leagues who might fancy a move back up the road.

Gary McKenzie who was on the books with us as a youngster is available on a free, he might fall under that umbrella. Can play at centre half, and has been on the edge of the Scotland squad a few times. He might fall into that category. Only 27 as well, so a good age for a centre back.

Gary McKenzie who was on the books with us as a youngster is available on a free, he might fall under that umbrella. Can play at centre half, and has been on the edge of the Scotland squad a few times. He might fall into that category. Only 27 as well, so a good age for a centre back.

Great shout.

That's a fantastic shout and exactly the sort of player I was on about.

Where is he playing atm?

Hearing a rumour that we've signed Bell and Boyd from Killie and two (unknown) Partick Thistle players.

I personally think Boyd would be a step back, however I wouldn't nesecarily be against it, albeit we are already top heavy with strikers...I know partick have alot of good youngsters....I still think addressing our defence should be the top priority.

Hearts have an embargo in place, they must release a player before they can sign one, the new player must be younger than the old player and on a lesser wage.

Hearts embargo was imposed for failure to pay player wages not their tax failings. It is still the case that no other team has faced the punishment we have for the few things we actually were found guilty of despite various other teams doing the same.

I personally think Boyd would be a step back, however I wouldn't nesecarily be against it, albeit we are already top heavy with strikers...I know partick have alot of good youngsters....I still think addressing our defence should be the top priority.

Say what you want about Boyd, but he is the SPL all time leading scorer, he is only 29 and can still score goals.

Miller came back and the grumbling from the fans ended once he started scoring, the same would be the same with Boyd

If we can get him it's a no brainer

The next few years we will have a team capable of getting out the league we are in by the looks of it, no more than that, and the budget will be pretty small IMO to bring players in

To get him on a free on reasonable wages would be a good signing

As of the 28th of December 2012, according to STV, the following 141 players contracts will be up this summer;

Aberdeen

Isaac Osbourne, Jason Brown, Gary Naysmith, Russell Anderson, Chris Clark, Gavin Rae, Rory Fallon, Rob Milsom, Josh Magennis, Mitch Megginson, Ryan Fraser, Danny Rogers.

Dundee

Brian Easton, Gary Irvine, Stephen O’Donnell, Mark Kerr, John Baird, Kevin McBride, Jim McAlister, Mark Stewart, Ryan Conroy, Nicky Riley, Neil McGregor, Steven Milne, Iain Davidson, Matt Lockwood, Carl Finnegan, Davide Grassi, Kyle Benedictus, Rab Douglas, Jamie McCluskey, Declan Gallagher, Martin Boyle, Graham Webster, Alex Baird.

Dundee United

Jon Daly, Willo Flood, Barry Douglas, Steve Banks.

Hearts

Andy Webster, Andy Driver, Darren Barr, Marius Zaliukas, Danny Grainger, Ryan McGowan, Dylan McGowan, Scott Robinson, Arvydas Novikovas, Kevin McHattie, Gordon Smith, Brad McKay, Dale Carrick, Jack Hamilton, Fraser Mullen.

Hibs

David Wotherspoon, Lewis Stevenson, Ivan Sproule, Alan Maybury, Eoin Doyle, Pa Kujabi, Shefki Kuqi, Gary Deegan, Danny Galbraith, Sean Murdoch.

Inverness

Nick Ross, Andrew Shinnie, Owain Tudur-Jones, Aaron Doran, Shane Sutherland, David Raven, Gavin Morrison, Ross Draper, Antonio Reguero, Gary Warren, Scott Mathieson.

Kilmarnock

Cammy Bell, Liam Kelly, Mohamadou Sissoko, Borja Perez, Garry Hay, James Dayton, Anssi Jaakkola, Ryan O’Leary, Danny Racchi, Kyle Letheren, William Gros.

Motherwell

Jamie Murphy, Michael Higdon, Darren Randolph, Tom Hateley, Steven Saunders, Nicky Law, Chris Humphrey, Omar Daley, Robert McHugh, Simon Ramsden, Zaine Francis-Angol.

Ross County

Richard Brittain, Michael Fraser, Grant Munro, Paul Lawson, Mark Brown, Scott Boyd, Mihael Kovacevic, Iain Vigurs, Marc Fitzpatrick, Rocco Quinn, Stuart Kettlewell, Mark Fotheringham, Mark Corcoran, Sam Morrow, Alex Cooper, Steven Ross.

St Johnstone

Murray Davidson, Craig Beattie, Dave MacKay, Liam Craig, Chris Millar, Rowan Vine, Callum Davidson, Kevin Moon, David McCracken, David Robertson, Gary Miller, Frazer Wright, Pat Cregg, Jonny Tuffey, Alan Mannus, Jamie Adams, Liam Caddis, Zander Clark.

St Mirren

Paul McGowan, Steven Thompson, Gary Teale, Craig Samson, David van Zanten, Marc McAusland, Graham Carey, Sam Parkin, Chris Smith, Graeme MacGregor.

The following site can be used to see the players on free's at the summer for ANY league and currently has 120 SPL players as becoming O.O.C. in the summer; http://www.transferm...s_SC1_2013.html

Would take a few on there