Not many youngsters will make it...

JamieG54

Instead of writing an essay I reckon by the time we get back to the top league and are signing players that the young players now wont be here. Hutton Barry Mckay and Lewis are the only ones who may have a good chance.

They are still learning but let's be honest - alot are struggling v part time pub teams with little fitness. As we progress up the leagues it will only get harder. We are relying on Jig Wallace etc to get us through. Little I do not include as he has been about a while since Walter was here.

I can see us buying older experienced players when we are challenging for the top league- I cant see us trying to win a league with kids even if they have played many games through the lower leagues.

Instead of writing an essay I reckon by the time we get back to the top league and are signing players that the young players now wont be here. Hutton Barry Mckay and Lewis are the only ones who may have a good chance.

They are still learning but let's be honest - alot are struggling v part time pub teams with little fitness. As we progress up the leagues it will only get harder. We are relying on Jig Wallace etc to get us through. Little I do not include as he has been about a while since Walter was here.

I can see us buying older experienced players when we are challenging for the top league- I cant see us trying to win a league with kids even if they have played many games through the lower leagues.

Not only the youngsters.

I think our team will be unrecognisable by the time we get back to the top flight.

There are not many covering themselves in glory against,as you say, bottom rung, part-timers.

I take your point mate...mcleod, mackay, hemmings,aird and crawford have a chance the rest need to get their heads out of there arse to have any chance....But, there is a huge BUT......can ally spot a player???? I am not convinced

Usually the youngsters are brought in as part of an experienced team. What we have here is an inexperienced team relying on a few experienced players.

When the signing ban is lifted I hope we buy a few experienced players, but continue to build on the youth we have untill they become the finished product..

Most of your post is stating the obvious tbh.

There is a happy medium with youth players, young players and experienced players. A team full of youth players is unrealistic.

People only seem interested in creating players who are 1st team superstars. If we bring through guys who are not amazing but can be solid squad players then that itself will save us millions.

Robbie Crawford is certainly good enough to make it in the current side. Think he's a fair bit better than Hutton personally. Of this crop, the OP may well be right, only a couple may make it, but thats true of youngsters at virtually every club. Think the OP is a little off though. Its not the youngsters struggling at this level, its the rest of them. Perry and Hegarty (if you still consider them youngsters?) are obviously struggling, but the rest of the young guys have been the better performers this year. Even if you think they aren't at their best, they are also up against plenty of experienced players, while they are playing their first professional games. They need time.

From this crop I certainly think Aird, Crawford, McKay and McLeod are more than capable of being part of our future squad and then there is a whole generation of younger players we haven't even seen yet. The future aint that bleak

MacLeod........has all the attributes to make it big.

McKay............the early season star has been abducted and replaced with a guy looking lost and lacking in confidence.Hopefully,the star will re-light.

Aird...............very,very raw.Could be anything.

Crawford......Needs time in the gym but good prospect.Excellent finisher.

Naismith.......No consistency so hard to judge.Think he'll fall just short.

Hutton..........I'm still to be won over.Flatters to deceive,imo.

Not seen anything from the rest that suggests they will be with us at the top level.

I like the look of McKay, Macleod and Hutton. Aird and Crawford show promise. I haven't seen anything that impresses me with Naismith and Hemmings but to be fair they haven't played enough for a proper assessment. I'm sorry to say that I can't see a player in Hegarty.

Most of your post is stating the obvious tbh.

There is a happy medium with youth players, young players and experienced players. A team full of youth players is unrealistic.

People only seem interested in creating players who are 1st team superstars. If we bring through guys who are not amazing but can be solid squad players then that itself will save us millions.

I agree with this, but I think we need to buy a couple of defenders.

I would argue that there is a lot of inexperienced 2nd rate youth in our current squad and we are winning the league by miles.

How often would we play this much youth? Never is the answer.

Yes some of them look to be struggling at times but it's a lot easier to see their flaws when they aren't surrounded with quality covering for them.

Filter out the weakest 2 or 3, adding a combination of 2 or 3, youthfull-quality & settled-experience, as we progress.

No point buying old rope to win our way back to only then to have to spend a fortune to compete with a stockpiled celtic team for the title.

been saying this for years, but it never stopped Walter, and i doubt it will stall Ally.

i'd also like to see our youth players taking their job seriously though and training for money they get. its insulting how little we train (if the reports are true)

Have to agree with your post, a lot of players wont make it but one of the positives is that now more than ever before we (the club) have an opportunity to see these players first hand in competitive matches and give them experience ensuring they have the best chance of progressing. We've released youth players every year over the years and last season we had quite a few young midfielders getting a game or hovering around the first team, potentially some of the guys making an impact this season would have been released but for the position we find ourselves in but now we're seeing them in action and certainly some of them are showing great potential, MacLeod is undoubtedly one of, if not the best CM in the league, yes it's only the third division but he's only a youngster and if he progresses well he'll be one of the best in the SPL in a few seasons.

we havent seen nearly as much of aird and crawford as we should have IMO

i think mcleod gets hyped up too much to be honest

mckay has fell away a bit

hutton blows hot and cold

hegarty is our best cb IMO but I'm not sure if thats a compliment

naismith , no idea yet has ability apparently but seems pretty lazy and not a team player

a couple of them can make it with the right guidance and attitude but we'll see

McLeod will make it.

Hegarty at CB looks like a good 'un.

Wee McKay needs to stay grounded get the confidence back and he'll come good.

Naismith and Crawford both have ability but need to realise they are fortunate to be where they are. Ability without effort is nothing.

Hutton has improved over the whole season. Be very interesting to see him and McLeod together.

Aird not too sure but not ready to write him off.

Black, Sandanza and Kevin Kyle could all be termed SPL players yet none have shown more ability than the youngsters. Perhaps we overestimate the ability in the SPl.