Best Ever Save From a Gers Goalkeeper?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is one for the older bears with good memories -Dusseldorf 1979.

Big Peter McLoy in the last minute to secure a 0-0 draw. I was there and what a save that was!!!

Anyone else see or remembers this. Don't think it was on telly.

Jules do your youtube thing mate because if you find it it was some save!

I was at that game but just can't remember the save in question. I remember that it was a "park-the-bus" night though.

the entire Andy Goram vs. Leeds game. i've never seen a display like that. i remember laughing about 25 minutes into the game - he was just unbeatable (i accept they got a late deflected goal, but when it mattered in the game, he was unbeatable)

one great save fae cantona at the front post.....superb for a wee fat goalie lol

I'm sure there have been many which I've witnessed but the one which really stands out for me because it was so late on in the game was The Goalie at the Potato Dome. Penalty save from big honky tonk to ensure we won 1 nil.

Thats the one for me had stuck £80 on the gers to win at odds of 13/8 few mins to go then....to fuck off to ya fuckin dancer in mere seconds.

Klos made a blinder of a save against Hearts at Tynecastle.

Downward header right down bouncing on the line against the post and he somehow got back and down to claw it out.

Peach of a save.

This.

Klos also made an incredible save in last minute at Ibrox V Dunfermline. Screamer of shot flying into top corner at Broomloan end.

The year we made the last 16 of the CL, Ronald Wattereus double save against Porto was a great one, just after Ross McCormack equalised for us late on in a game we deserved nothing from (first shot on target I believe). First save was a good point blank save, Porto boy followed up and smashed it at him about a yard away and he tipped it over. Happened so fast it looked like the striker just made a mess of it.

Honourable mention to Shagger v Bremen as well.

I was at that game but just can't remember the save in question. I remember that it was a "park-the-bus" night though.

Aye JCD, it certainly was a park the bus night! Winning 2-1 from the first leg and hanging on by a thread.

Big McCloy leaped across the goal and clawed away a header in the last minute. It was going right in the top corner too.

Won us the tie.