'Silk' scarf bulk order

Silk Rangers scarf.  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested?

• Yes
    • No

Could be an idea, tbh if the majority want that style then I'm happy to proceed on that basis. Unsure of minimum order quantities of this type, same with costing. Inquiries could be made.

that's maybe a bit too 'skateboarder', but i kind of tink if you're making silk scarf then it should probably be significantly different from normal scarfs.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's maybe a bit too 'skateboarder', but i kind of tink if you're making silk scarf then it should probably be significantly different from normal scarfs.

True, but there is also substantial demand for a traditional/retro looking scarf.

I've contacted a few other companies (one is UK based) to query sample costs. I've gone on the proviso of a traditional looking scarf, not to dissimilar to this:

$(KGrHqN,!ikFE!HTPI4rBRESoBu1vw~~60_12.JPG

My first step will be to sort out a minimum sample of 10.

First response:

Many thanks for your email. Please find prices below for our printed "silk" scarf as requested (similar to the image sent) :

PRINTED SCARVES

These scarves are made from 100% polyester and are sublimation digitally printed products – can have multiple colours/photos etc. All scarves are lighter in weight compared with the knitted scarf, double thickness and are printed on both sides. They are approx 16cm wide x 1.35m long + fringes.

Prices :

150 : £3.95 each + £100.00 set up

(300 normal minimum quantity : £2.95 each, no set up)

All prices in GB£ sterling and subject to VAT.

Carriage : For 150 scarves, £15.00 , for 300, FOC to mainland UK.

If you wanted just 10 scarves, we would have to charge you our sampling charge of £100.00 + VAT.

We would request that you sent hi quality (eg editable pdf) artwork - quote is subject to sight of artwork.

Lead time : approx 3 weeks from receipt of payment.

First response:

Many thanks for your email. Please find prices below for our printed "silk" scarf as requested (similar to the image sent) :

PRINTED SCARVES

These scarves are made from 100% polyester and are sublimation digitally printed products – can have multiple colours/photos etc. All scarves are lighter in weight compared with the knitted scarf, double thickness and are printed on both sides. They are approx 16cm wide x 1.35m long + fringes.

Prices :

150 : £3.95 each + £100.00 set up

(300 normal minimum quantity : £2.95 each, no set up)

All prices in GB£ sterling and subject to VAT.

Carriage : For 150 scarves, £15.00 , for 300, FOC to mainland UK.

If you wanted just 10 scarves, we would have to charge you our sampling charge of £100.00 + VAT.

We would request that you sent hi quality (eg editable pdf) artwork - quote is subject to sight of artwork.

Lead time : approx 3 weeks from receipt of payment.

FFS ,So for 150 scarfs it'll be £692.50

Or for ordering 300 scarfs it'll be £ 885

Thats pretty good tbh , could easily sell them for at least double what they cost , and give the profit to a chosen charity

FFS ,So for 150 scarfs it'll be £692.50

Or for ordering 300 scarfs it'll be £ 885

Thats pretty good tbh , could easily sell them for at least double what they cost , and give the profit to a chosen charity

You'll need to add 20% VAT onto those prices.

Have also created a thread in the graphics and gaming forum to try and get a few designs down.

Edit: 150 scarves at cost will be £5.54 each, similarly 300 at cost will be £3.54 each, excl postage.

This is the silk scarf that got me thinking about creating our own. IIRC this original was sold for £150 on ebay not so long ago.

Something seems a bit 'off' on this one. maybe its a later version, but the red stripe looks way too thick. also that 'band' where the tassles are.

But if you got these made i'd love to buy one!

What about half the scarf being white with the blue star at the end. The other half being blue with the Rangers crest at the end. It's simple but often that's the best way to go.

Also, a traditional size and style scarf is the best. I don't like the look of those neckerchefs at all.

What about half the scarf being white with the blue star at the end. The other half being blue with the Rangers crest at the end. It's simple but often that's the best way to go.

Also, a traditional size and style scarf is the best. I don't like the look of those neckerchefs at all.

Like the sound of your idea. Only issue will be the reproduction of copyrighted material (namely the Rangers crest).

We can use the lion similar to this one, without any infringement: stock-vector-scottish-lion-116881276.jpg

Additionally, the suppliers offer double side printing, so perhaps we could have a 'home - blue' and 'away - white' side ?

That is the one i was thinking about,always wanted one of those.You can tell with some of these auld guys that it means a lot to them.Out of interest approx. when were these scarfs in circulation.Looks around early 70's to me?

I got mine around 1970 from a menswear shop in Govan.

If I remember correctly it cost 14/6d - thats 72.5 pence to you young 'uns. Would probably be priceless now, if only I still had it.

Like the sound of your idea. Only issue will be the reproduction of copyrighted material (namely the Rangers crest).

We can use the lion similar to this one, without any infringement: stock-vector-scottish-lion-116881276.jpg

Additionally, the suppliers offer double side printing, so perhaps we could have a 'home - blue' and 'away - white' side ?

White with blue star at each end, and blue with the red Lion at each end on the reverse sounds good. You can't really go wrong with that.

You should get some mock-ups on the go. Let people see what's on offer. (tu)

White with blue star at each end, and blue with the red Lion at each end on the reverse sounds good. You can't really go wrong with that.

You should get some mock-ups on the go. Let people see what's on offer. (tu)

I'd agree with you there, sounds like a good idea.

Trying to get something put down but my photoshop skills are pretty naff.

This is the silk scarf that got me thinking about creating our own. IIRC this original was sold for £150 on ebay not so long ago.

Got one of them, similar anyway, up at my old man's house. Think he bought it in 61