Green won't sack McCoist

jdonald755

There will be movement once the title is clinched.

Green wants to give him that much.

Green knows that we cannot blow this unique opportunity to build from the bottom up like Swansea for example but he also knows that adverse reaction from the support has an impact on the season book price increase on the way.

The next manager will also be a former Rangers player.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ally should do what is best for the club and walk. He claims to be Rangers this and Rangers that, well do what needs done and walk. Maybe Green wants forced out himself? Backing a failing manager is one way to lose fans support. Asking them to grass on each other another and publicly criticising the players another one. I don't think he would want to be seen as walking away himself.

OMG so blatant!

I think Green is more likely to try backing him for another season, letting him bring in some players and see if there is any change.

If Ally gets a chance to build a squad and they STILL perform like today then I will no longer be able to defend him.

Gogzy mate its cash we can't afford to just spunk away, if it goes wrong again then we the fans who helped the club out with shares and other revenue streams will be forced to dig deep again to fund another manager having to rebuild. I'm sorry mate but I don't think I trust him to build a squad, the scary thing is had we been n the same league as QOTS we may not even have a title win :(

How did we not have it? Are we in debt now?

Seriously? Build a squad in 2 weeks to play in the fourth tier of Scottish football and you're shocked we didn't pick up the next Messi?

We were running at a £10m loss. Debt now has nothing to do with what happened last year.

As you say, it's only the 4th tier, a part time league, we are Rangers with tens of millions in overheads, and world class resources, a decent scouting network and player database is the least we can expect our club to have. As i said, his transfer record is diabolical. He doesn't deserve another penny.

Also regarding the thread title. I think Green would sack Ally if he felt he needed too. I think CG is nobody's fool and easily has the backbone to deal with any fan backlash that would come from sacking him.

I just don't think we are at that point yet.

Gogzy mate its cash we can't afford to just spunk away, if it goes wrong again then we the fans who helped the club out with shares and other revenue streams will be forced to dig deep again to fund another manager having to rebuild. I'm sorry mate but I don't think I trust him to build a squad, the scary thing is had we been n the same league as QOTS we may not even have a title win :(

Ok so we get rid of the management team.

We now have to replace (and pay for) a new management team. The players we have still are not good enough, so the first thing a new manager will do is come in and buy a whole new team of players ( which we have to pay for)

Now what if the new management team fails, how long do they get before we call for their heads. do we just repeat that cycle again, and spend even more money?

We were running at a £10m loss. Debt now has nothing to do with what happened last year.

As you say, it's only the 4th tier, a part time league, we are Rangers with tens of millions in overheads, and world class resources, a decent scouting network and player database is the least we can expect our club to have. As i said, his transfer record is diabolical. He doesn't deserve another penny.

Did we lose another 3 million since the financials came out, thought we only had a 7m loss.

And AFAIK that is not debt, we also have 22m in the bank.

Easiest job in Scotland made to look the hardest. It's pathetic.

TBH I think the biggest problem we should have in division 3 is it becoming boring winning easily every week ... TBH I was thinking early on today if we get a couple of early goals the atmosphere will suffer but needless to say that's not how it panned out :anguish:

Also regarding the thread title. I think Green would sack Ally if he felt he needed too. I think CG is nobody's fool and easily has the backbone to deal with any fan backlash that would come from sacking him.

I just don't think we are at that point yet.

He would do what the majority of fans want, he's shown that. If those on here desperate for Ally to be gone are in the majority then Ally will be gone in the summer.

We now have to replace (and pay for) a new management team. The players we have still are not good enough, so the first thing a new manager will do is come in and buy a whole new team of players ( which we have to pay for)

Now what if the new management team fails, how long do they get before we call for their heads. do we just repeat that cycle again, and spend even more money?

This seriously worries me. 13 managers in 141 years, we are built on patience. Yet I can see us ending up like those wee EPL teams constantly changing managers every 18 months because it isn't the pretty football we want.

TBH I think the biggest problem we should have in division 3 is it becoming boring winning easily every week ... TBH I was thinking early on today if we get a couple of early goals the atmosphere will suffer but needless to say that's not how it panned out :anguish:

But we don't do that.

I can't see Green asking McCoist to step aside.

Sacking a club legend could cause a lot animosity towards him from a large group of fans.

It's simply easier to keep him as long as he gets promoted each season.

But IMO it would not only be a brave decision but the right one to ask Coisty to step aside.

It should be done in the correct manner however.

McCoist deserves to walk away with his head held high. He has had it dufficult with little pre season and time to find players but it still doesn't excuse some of this year's performances.

He has been a rock for us and very loyal but I just don't think he has it in him to be a top manager.

We have a chance to build a brand new squad on the road to the top, whilst bleeding in youngsters and creating a style of play.

A year has been wasted. Let's not waste another one, two or even three with the same frustrating tactics, players out of position and poor signings.

We need a man everyone can trust to take us back to the top.

Because at the moment our loyal support deserves better than we are currently getting.

Very difficult to sack a major shareholder.

If he didn't walk the CEO would sack him. Should still with this league but if the performances result in fewer fans turning up and risk of fewer season ticket sales next year if fans felt they were in for more of the same then I think he'd act before the end of the season to set a marker of expectation of better stuff next season

They're already not showing up, despite the published crowd numbers.

Too much money has been spent on this enterprise for it to look like this on the park at this stage of the season (almost 40 games in).

Things need to pick up immediately, or Charles will vote with his wallet.

I fully believe that Green wouldn't think twice about sacking McCoist but as it stands he has no need to. The crowds are piling in the Leagues wrapped up and the club is on its way to recovery. He's openly stated that he reckons this is the worst Rangers team ever but it will stumble on and probably win whatever Division we are in next year too.

Thing is though as soon as things don't go to plan which they will once the standard of opposition improves then McCoist will be out the door. The club have to get this right and the current management team and scouting network aren't anywhere good enough to take us forward in the long term. Green knows this and I'm pretty sure he will be planning further ahead. I can't see McCoist being part of that long term plan

Did we lose another 3 million since the financials came out, thought we only had a 7m loss.

And AFAIK that is not debt, we also have 22m in the bank.

We have till sept 1st to sign newbies before actually paying for players in the January. As it stands either he or his scouting team are letting the fans down big time.

If this was le guen or another manager with no links to us he'd be chased.

I'd also go for someone with a proven track record in this kind of turnaround

I can't see Green asking McCoist to step aside.

Sacking a club legend could cause a lot animosity towards him from a large group of fans.

It's simply easier to keep him as long as he gets promoted each season.

But IMO it would not only be a brave decision but the right one to ask Coisty to step aside.

It should be done in the correct manner however.

McCoist deserves to walk away with his head held high. He has had it dufficult with little pre season and time to find players but it still doesn't excuse some of this year's performances.

He has been a rock for us and very loyal but I just don't think he has it in him to be a top manager.

We have a chance to build a brand new squad on the road to the top, whilst bleeding in youngsters and creating a style of play.

A year has been wasted. Let's not waste another one, two or even three with the same frustrating tactics, players out of position and poor signings.

We need a man everyone can trust to take us back to the top.

Because at the moment our loyal support deserves better than we are currently getting.

Im sure he sacked a club legend at Sheffield did he not?

If it was time for a new manager, and I'm still unsure, then I wonder if it would be best if he was sacked.

Let me explain.

Never in my time as a Rangers fan have I wanted someone to succeed as I have for Ally. What he did for us through the summer shows the type of man he is and why he will be up there with the Rangers Greats. His quote of "we don't do walking away" is the stuff of legends. But therein lies the problem. If he did resign can you imagine the headlines of all the anti Rangers media never mind the fans of opposing teams . To my way of thinking Ally doesn't deserve that.

No. I think it's the lesser of two evils if the decision is made for him as uncomfortable that may be.

But like I said, hopefully we're not at that stage yet.

I fully believe that Green wouldn't think twice about sacking McCoist but as it stands he has no need to. The crowds are piling in the Leagues wrapped up and the club is on its way to recovery. He's openly stated that he reckons this is the worst Rangers team ever but it will stumble on and probably win whatever Division we are in next year too.

Thing is though as soon as things don't go to plan which they will once the standard of opposition improves then McCoist will be out the door. The club have to get this right and the current management team and scouting network aren't anywhere good enough to take us forward in the long term. Green knows this and I'm pretty sure he will be planning further ahead. I can't see McCoist being part of that long term plan

I would say the latter highlighted will be next year and the former will not happen...

Why would Charles sack Ally we are miles ahead in the league. Yes the football ain't great, however for Charles Greens business plan to work we must be in the top league. Ally is carrying out his job to a T atm. Style of football is not important atm lads.