Green won't sack McCoist

jdonald755

It would be fucking outrageous if Green asked him to leave based on this season alone. After all, we ARE winning the league by a handsome margin, with a squad put together on a shoe-string budget & in no time at all, and under the most insane & illegal circumstances imaginable.

McCoist deserves at least next season, with all the same opportunities afforded to every other manager in the land. Give him a full pre-season, a few bucks to spend & see if there's an improvement next season.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would Charles sack Ally we are miles ahead in the league. Yes the football ain't great, however for Charles Greens business plan to work we must be in the top league. Ally is carrying out his job to a T atm. Style of football is not important atm lads.

I think it is if we want the same level of season tickets coming back next year.

Why would Charles sack Ally we are miles ahead in the league. Yes the football ain't great, however for Charles Greens business plan to work we must be in the top league. Ally is carrying out his job to a T atm. Style of football is not important atm lads.

With the no-shows growing weekly, season tickets due for renewal soon (and at a hefty price hike), style of football IS important.

People are already showing they won't put up with any old shite.

It would be fucking outrageous if Green asked him to leave based on this season alone. After all, we ARE winning the league by a handsome margin, with a squad put together on a shoe-string budget & in no time at all, and under the most insane & illegal circumstances imaginable.

McCoist deserves at least next season, with all the same opportunities afforded to every other manager in the land. Give him a full pre-season, a few bucks to spend & see if there's an improvement next season.

Shoe-string budget!

In this division?

You're having a laugh!

I know we're paying high wages, but I was meaning in terms of transfer fee's. But yes, even with just spending Templeton's fee, that's far more than probably the whole value of the rest of the 3rd Division put together! :D

(tu):D

Somewhere in world football there is a manager whos team is 20 points clear in March. Lost just 2 league games all season.

He has had to endure the phenomenal lack of transparency from an unscrupulous owner who danced around actually buying the players this manager wanted (from which he took his team to 15 points clear of his nearest rivals in top flight football (then the off-field shite happened)). His team have been shredded to an almost unrecognisable state. From this position he has had just a few weeks of watching a few trialists and along with his current knowledge of top flight football has assembled almost an entirely new team.

In reference to the first paragraph, this manager's team is TWENTY points clear.

Some people are questioning this manager's ability. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Give him a chance.

Give him a fucking break.

Points will always come before style in my book,KK. It's preferable that football is played in the proper manner,because normally if your team plays better football than the other lot then you get the victory, but somedays it doesn't happen that way and that's where you have to dig in and battle for the points.

And that's what we DIDN'T DO yesterday against Annan.The lack of fight from the majority of the players was embarrassing and disgraceful. Front to back we were absolutely pathetic in our desire to do anything other than to hump long balls from our keeper and defence.When they actually get the ball, Black and Hutton slow the game to walking pace and can't even pass a ball 10 fucking yards (maybe that's why we insist on playing aerial pingpong) so in effect, we play right into the hands of the opposition,then run around like headless chooks trying to get the ball back.

Lack of style I can put up with in the 4th tier of Scottish football. Lack of fight and committment, I can't.

Why would Charles sack Ally we are miles ahead in the league. Yes the football ain't great, however for Charles Greens business plan to work we must be in the top league. Ally is carrying out his job to a T atm. Style of football is not important

atm lads.

So when does ally kick start the style of football ?

To a T ?

Style of football matters a lot , if this keeps up the business plan is out the window ! Season ticket sales will be down .

Does anyone know how much money Ally has actually spent on transfer fees? And how much he has made on player sales? I don't think it's too much over the course of 2 seasons.

The thing is no-one knows who Ally actually brought in and who was brought in by Whyte or Green, but he gets blamed for them all. He was linked with quite a lot of good players in the 1st season but we ended up signing shite. Then if you look back to the start of Greens campaign you will read him saying he has brought players in for Ally to look at.

I really don't think Green sacking Ally would be as unpopular as some may think. I think most people would actually welcome a change at this point and seeing Green bring in an actual manager.

It depends on who he replaces him with. People on here are calling for McCall, Butcher, McInnes and the likes, the chances are Green would bring in someone the fans aren't keen on. The quickest way for them to make money is to get us in the top league, challenging and into Europe then they can sell us for a good profit. After nearly a year in charge does anyone really think Green and co have a plan for 10-15-20 years away? We will be out of their hands by then.

It depends on who he replaces him with. People on here are calling for McCall, Butcher, McInnes and the likes, the chances are Green would bring in someone the fans aren't keen on. The quickest way for them to make money is to get us in the top league, challenging and into Europe then they can sell us for a good profit. After nearly a year in charge does anyone really think Green and co have a plan for 10-15-20 years away? We will be out of their hands by then.

Some of us still talk like we're ran like the Oldco. We're not owned by one person or one group but in contrast to that we're owned by many.

"We will be out of their hands"

Whos hands? In that timescale how many investors will still be here? It's unknown. They are all individuals.

Long term the only way an investor can make money is if the company looks as if it has long term success on the horizon.

People can debate back and forward about the terrible period that Ally has led us through, and the lack of resources he has at his disposal, and the immense difficulty of trying to hold our club together in unprecedented circumstances and what impact this may or may not have on Ally's ability to build a team and make it successful. We can also debate the style versus substance philosophy for years and hopefully we will do so on this forum.

What shouldn't really be up for debate is the following;

Rangers have a wage bill that dwarfs every club in the SFL

Rangers have players on our books that are internationalists, and some that were star players for their respective SPL sides

We are playing against amateurs

It has not been uncommon for us to be passed off the park by said amateurs

Our set pieces are horrendous

Our defense in particular has been made to look worse than school boy level on several occasions this season

Now, those 6 statements surely cannot be denied?

So given those 6 statements, should there not be major concerns over our teams inability to absolute destroy the opponents in this league? Yes we are 20 points clear but was that ever in doubt? Look at what Gretna achieved with their budget? I would expect our bad days to be when we have dominated possession and somehow failed to score. I would not expect even our worst imaginable day to be a 2-1 loss at home to Annan Athletic. With the players we have available to us, versus the players they have available to them there should be no contest, so what is the difference?

I am as conflicted as many are over Ally, he was also my hero growing up, I desperately want him to succeed. But there is just no signs that this is going to happen. We are not improving, we are not developing a footballing philosophy, we are being out played, out fought and out thought by amateurs.

I do not blame Ally for signing Sandaza, Shiels and Black. They were good players, but should he not be blamed for their performances since signing?

If we were peppering the oppositions goals with on target efforts and we were beaten with a breakaway goal then I could suck it up, if we looked like there was improvement, if we looked like the players were fighting for every ball and fighting for the team, the manager and the fans then you could have something to hold on to. Something that could make you believe Ally will turn it around. But yesterday I watched a game that you would have struggled to tell which side was amateur and which side had one of the biggest budgets in the country.

The league is won, there is no pressure, this Rangers team really need to raise their game and prove to everyone that they deserve to wear the badge and the manager needs to make that happen. If he cannot then I would be very reluctant to give him the money to spend.

Some of us still talk like we're ran like the Oldco. We're not owned by one person or one group but in contrast to that we're owned by many.

"We will be out of their hands"

Whos hands? In that timescale how many investors will still be here? It's unknown. They are all individuals.

Long term the only way an investor can make money is if the company looks as if it has long term success on the horizon.

Whos hands? Whoever has a controlling stake.

An investor can make quick money by us getting to the SPL or whatever it's called by then and playing in Europe.

If they have a long term plan in place then where is it? They aren't just in the door, it's been nearly a year, scouting is the same, youth teams/coaching is the same, a new guy/investor took the role of director of sports development yet nothing has changed. Where are these long term plans?

I can accept that there has been a lot to get through the last year so maybe the footballing side of things have been put to 1 side but now most of that is behind us and we are looking forward as a club we will see the direction Green and co are taking us. I personally don't think it is the same direction a lot of fans want to go. Time will tell.

Like most people, I was a massive ally fan growing up. However, as a manager I haven't rated him for a long time. I think the way we went about our business in summer was wrong. We should have signed players that were used to the lower leagues. Save ourselves money and also use the experience of these players. I understand we had to sign some so called big name player to keep the peace, but some of his signings have been shocking.

I don't think it is wise to trust ally with a transfer fund. I struggle to see his motive in signing some players.

I believe this should have been our opportunity to integrate a decent style of play, instead of our constant long ball routine. I long to see decent football played at Ibrox. And keeping McCoist here, we will never see it.

It's sad to say, but I would like to see him step aside. Time to freshen things up.