Ally fires back at snipers

http://www.rangersfc.co.uk/news/headlines/item/3547-ally-fires-back-at-snipers

MANAGER Ally McCoist has insisted that critics having a go at the squad and the coaching staff don’t have enough knowledge to comment properly.

McCoist and his players have come under fire – especially after last week’s defeat by Annan.

However, the manager fired back - particularly at un-named ex-Rangers players who have offered their views in the media in the past week.

Speaking at today’s press conference, McCoist said: “I think there will be massive differences in opinion on the job done. There will people out there, without doubt, who will not give us any credit at all if and when we are lucky enough to win the league.

“It won’t be difficult for me. If and when we are lucky enough for it to happen the players will certainly deserve it and they will get my congratulations which will hopefully be the most important thing to them.

“As I say there is no-one from the outside that really knows what’s going on. It’s very easy to have an opinion without full knowledge of what is going on and that’s the beauty of football.

“Everybody has opinions and indeed differing opinions. That’s why it is easier for me, believe it or not, to take criticism because I’m very aware of the difficulties everybody is facing at the club.

“There have been comments from one or two ex-Rangers players who have coached and managed at a level as well which are pretty ignorant because they don’t know the full story and they are a little bit misguided.

“They are entitled to their opinions, of course, but we in here don’t take them too seriously.”

Im sorry but I can plainly see we are not making progress and have a right to moan about what is getting served up.

also whats with the cloak and dagger statements? "That’s why it is easier for me, believe it or not, to take criticism because I’m very aware of the difficulties everybody is facing at the club"

.......with this and the statement about needing a new team each season I am getting more concerned by the day.....no ake that the hour

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there's difficulties behind the scenes then we should know. But that doesn't account for long ball football, not being able to pass the ball 10 yards to a blue shirt or lack of fitness and desire. So, sorry Ally, stop wi the cryptic nonsense and shove a rocket up the players arses!!!

If you didn't know who this was from it could easily be confused with something Lennon would say (murdo McLeod example).....I'm sorry ally but you have actually went down in my estimations today! Very disappointed!

(tu) this

Why is everyone annoyed by what he's saying?

He's made the point a valid one that all the outside people offering their opinions aren't privvy to what goes on in the day to day running of the squad (tu)

If there's any real genuine extenuating circumstances to explain the shite being served up there's no reason for the fans not to know.

It's blatant excuse making.

If there's any real genuine extenuating circumstances to explain the shite being served up there's no reason for the fans not to know.

It's blatant excuse making.

Could potentially Ally be trying to deal with things in door as opposed to airing our dirty laundry in public for all to see?

Don't get me wrong I'm concerned about out performances and recent results and people that disagree with Ally as manager have some very arguable points but there's nothing he said here that is objectionable.

Furthermore it must be recognized that we, ex players, the media etc do not have access to all the information and thus its harder for us to formulate correct opinions (tu)

what is going inside ibrox and Murray park that we don't know about, that would be deemed as an acceptable reason - for playing long ball, shite football, and beingg played off the pitch, at home, by Annan?

Could potentially Ally be trying to deal with things in door as opposed to airing our dirty laundry in public for all to see?

Don't get me wrong I'm concerned about out performances and recent results and people that disagree with Ally as manager have some very arguable points but there's nothing he said here that is objectionable.

Furthermore it must be recognized that we, ex players, the media etc do not have access to all the information and thus its harder for us to formulate correct opinions (tu)

Sorry but that's just not good enough to say to fans turning up in their thousands every week paying good money to watch dross.

Don`t dress it up Ally,our players with the odd exception are poor,our tactics,as far as this ignoramus can see,are poor,our attitude is poor,and frankly most of this seasons` performances have been dire.Please don`t give us this"you don`t know what you`re talking about" stuff,Ally.a turd by any other name is still a turd.

Opinions eh!

There ok, if that's all they are and if there's no hidden agenda.

Comparing opinions to arseholes...we've all got them.......blah blah blah.

Some "opinions" at the moment however, are Reeking, as are the individuals who are putting time into try and divide the support.