Ally ready to become a loser, to become a winner.

KingKirk

Next game how about;

Gallacher

Cole Hegarty McCulloch Wallace

Crawford Hutton Shiels McKay

Hemmings Little

Drop Alexander just to give Gallacher a game and see what he has to offer

Cole is a natural RB. Not sure on his fitness??

Midfield anything is better than what was on display yesterday.

Hemmings and Little deserve a chance together.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ally is a master of moderate speaking that carries with it an implicit menace that many in responsibility have: if he has learned anything from Walter, it is that; and these players know who the boss is. He will get it right at Rangers; and we have stick together for the comeback when it happens.

Teams on paper usually look good, and should be able to handle the task in hand with ease,20 minutes into the game tells a completley different story, theres a mental toughness required to be a Rangers player, regardless of your skills or abilities if you dont have the mindset your never going to crack it at Ibrox long term.

Near everyone of our 9iar team had it in abundance, and its not sold anywhere, it comes from within.

Tin hat on but Kenny Miller had it and i would not be against having him " in the trenches next season"

Teams on paper usually look good, and should be able to handle the task in hand with ease,20 minutes into the game tells a completley different story, theres a mental toughness required to be a Rangers player, regardless of your skills or abilities if you dont have the mindset your never going to crack it at Ibrox long term.

Near everyone of our 9iar team had it in abundance, and its not sold anywhere it comes from within.

Tin hat on but Kenny Miller had it and i would not be against having him " in the trenches next season"

That is a brilliant point, and last night I said something similar: playing for Rangers, regardless of who you have played for before, has a way of finding out a player, beyond what he does on the park. I have no idea why it is peculiar to Rangers, but you could even have played at a higher standard, and won't make it at Rangers. The character of the player becomes very apparent when he plays for Rangers.

whats's the point of signing a bunch of new players, if they are not going to be trained and coached properly and then played out of position is systems where no one seems to have a clue what they are supposed to be doing. A good manager would have got the best out of the players that are already at Rangers - most of whom have proved themselves at other clubs.

“In the coming weeks it will be made crystal clear to everybody what the plan is in terms of youth, scouting, the first team and so on." Let's see what the plans are. Glad to hear that they will be made crystal clear. Pity it seems the flak resulting from the now established poor performance trend seems to have forced this statement. It's designed to reassure and will look forward to seeing the plans. The plan for this season was to win the league and move into the next league. Problem is that in winning it I don't think many expected the wretched levels of team performances at this end of the season - more the expectation that the side would have adjusted and by now be playing with the authority and ruthlessness of a side aiming off at the next target - winning the league next season. What we are seeing is a stumbling over the finishing line for this season. The manager's words about being willing to accept losing games in the early part of next season for some greater benefit downstream are interesting. A stretch interpretation could also be that for that greater benefit winning the league next season might be more than challenging. Nevertheless, he says that plans will be made crystal clear and I'll look forward to seeing them.

I think it was Gen Eisenhower that said that plans are useless but planning is indispensable. Wonder if the manager and the coaching staff grasp the difference.

Its all words lol

Its amazing how when ally says something bad people write it off as just talk

But when he says what they wan to hear its treated as gospel

The fact is he was happy with yesterday's performance last night, but now he's going to town on his underperforming stars

“Contrary to what’s been said, I do have a plan. It’s a strange situation — we have to look short-term because we have to win the league, whichever league it is.

“But we also have to look longer term. You maybe have to make changes half way through the short-term to continue with your long-term........

“In the coming weeks it will be made crystal clear to everybody what the plan is in terms of youth, scouting, the first team and so on.

“Everything will be looked at and a plan will be put in place and in operation. All these questions will be answered in time.”

Well I have been very critical of our seeming lack of a long term plan and although talk is often cheap it will be very interesting and hopefully reassuring to hear ally's plans for the club!

Don't want to be too negative but

"Everything will be looked at and a plan will be put in place and in operation"

This should have been done at the start of the season...

...The plan for this season was to win the league...the plan for next season will be to win the league AND get some players in ...

Don't want to be too negative but

"Everything will be looked at and a plan will be put in place and in operation"

This should have been done at the start of the season...

We never had our license until 48hrs before our first game. Give him a break ffs.

In Ally I trust,he knows as well as we do what players are under performing,for the greater good of Rangers, he has to be ruthless!

Some so called big name experienced pros have been crap the season,and if they don't toe the line and buck up there ideas, put them out with the trash,trust in the young up and coming players,because for the most part they have been Rangers better players this season so far.So as soon as this years title has been put to bed go with the youngsters at let them express themselves.As for next season after this illegal transfer ban has been lifted on the 1st September,I hope he buys players with some determination like wee doddy MacDonald from the 70s team,there was a man that would run and run all day for the cause,not like some of todays so called pros,who could not lace his boots. :superally:

I like the sound of this but if the kids are good enough they should play as much as possible obviously taking time out now and then to prevent burnout, i hope with all my heart that Ally provides us with a clear vision of his Rangers team and proves me and many others wrong, i would never be happier to be wrong if Ally pulled this out of the fire (tu)

Great stuff, very encouraging. One thing though: why is he talking about playing kids next season in games we will need to win, but not doing it now in games we don't?

Exactly my thinking. Get All the young lads in now for them to have a look at first team football. If players are under achieving then drop the twats. The youngsters could get a decent run from now till the end of the season setting them up for pre season and giving them experience for next.

Great stuff, very encouraging. One thing though: why is he talking about playing kids next season in games we will need to win, but not doing it now in games we don't?

..Because we cant register new players until 1st September...

ALLY McCOIST has warned Rangers fans he might have to write off the first month of next season.

The Ibrox boss is ready to show his ruthless streak by axing some of his underperforming stars this summer.

That's despite Rangers' transfer embargo meaning he wouldn't be able to replace them until September 1.

But he insists he'll have no problems going with the kids for the month of August if it leaves the club in better shape for the rest of the season.

McCoist said: "If I need to make drastic changes I'll just have to explain to the fans that the first four games might be a problem.

"I know that and I'm big enough to take the flak that goes with it. We might lose two of those first four games, I don't know.

"But if a decision has to be made then I'm prepared to make it. If I have to play kids for the first four games then it has to be done because I have to look beyond that."

Last week McCoist defended his team against chief executive Charles Green's accusations they're the worst ever, only to see them crash at home to Annan.

Seven days later he was fighting his own corner and hitting back at claims he and his staff aren't working to a plan for the future.

McCoist, whose side scraped a 1-0 win at Elgin yesterday, said: "I'm absolutely 100 per cent clear on what's required.

"I know what's needed in the short-term and I'm certainly aware of what's required in the long-term.

"Contrary to what's been said, I do have a plan. It's a strange situation we have to look short-term because we have to win the league, whichever league it is.

"But we also have to look longer term. You maybe have to make changes half way through the short-term to continue with your long-term.

"Is this the hardest time to be Rangers manager? When has a manager said before the season's finished he might have to put out a team that might lose their first four games of the following season?

"Has that happened before? No. But that's the situation and madness we're faced with.

"However if anyone is saying we aren't together as a staff and focused with a plan and a route back I have to reassure everyone we are.

"In the coming weeks it will be made crystal clear to everybody what the plan is in terms of youth, scouting, the first team and so on.

"Everything will be looked at and a plan will be put in place and in operation. All these questions will be answered in time."

McCoist won't just spend the upcoming week preparing for Saturday's clash with Stirling Albion as the Third Division title edges ever closer.

He's also planning on taking in as many games as possible as he continues to scout new faces.

McCoist said: "I'm hoping to watch a lot of football over the next four or five weeks and I'll certainly be more selective in the games I'll be going to.

"I went to Man United v Real Madrid last week although that doesn't do you any harm either because that's where you want to be eventually.

"But in terms of players I'm going to look at it won't be involving too many players from those two clubs."

SunSport revealed Kilmarnock keeper Cammy Bell has penned a pre-contract with the Ibrox side but McCoist is reluctant to confirm any new signings.

He added: "You have got to respect the player coming in. My priority would be to protect the new player, even if in the short-term he's not with us.

"A marquee signing would be good but because of the circumstances your marquee signings are not going to be a Brian Laudrup or Paul Gascoigne.

"But that's not to say they won't be as important as those two guys were."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co...l#ixzz2NkxKoSiI

He should have been playing kids for much of this season anyway.

This is bullshit.