Ally ready to become a loser, to become a winner.

KingKirk

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. But we have more than enough kids to make up a team now, so why persist with players he's going to drop or get rid of in the Summer when the league is already won?

..Would,nt be my choice to go with a full side of kids, better to have a few experienced players as the backbone of the team..

..It would be interesting to hear what players are going to be punted/ replaced...Sandaza, Black would be my starting point...also has to be said a few of the young lads are not good enough imv..

I have just had enough of this, so I'm out

This seems encouraging. Flies in the face of what a lot of people on here have been saying.

It's just words from someone trying to buy himself some more time. You can all slag me off for this as I couldn't give less of a fuck if I tried! He hasn't got a clue and the other two are worse, sorry but as far as I'm concerned his time is well and truly up.

Utter bullshit. We have not improved as a team since the start of the season in fact some may say we are worse. Ally is good with words when required to defend himself and his incompetence as a manager. I have lost any faith I had in him, he has shown by his team selections, players out of position, players he signed, tactics that he will never be decent manager. A legend as a player, a manager not.

Let me put it another way. If he thinks these kids will lose two of our first four games next season, why not play them for the rest of this season? Will they not then stand a better chance of winning said games next season?

Because the statement was half a warning to the first team players to up their game.

This seems encouraging. Flies in the face of what a lot of people on here have been saying.

Nonsense....although it does seem encouraging at the moment these are just words....it will be interesting and hopefully reassuring to hear his vision/plan however questions should remain over where the plan was for this season as the objectives seem to have changed as the season has progressed yet the team has not!

Was encouraged until I got to the part about cammy bell,tells me all I need to know about the plan.

Confused by this post? Signing a younger, cheaper keeper to Alexander who is at least on a par with Neil with the potential and time to improve! I understand the critisim regarding the potential signing of daly but I think if we do get bell on a free it is good business!

ALLY McCOIST has warned Rangers fans he might have to write off the first month of next season.

The Ibrox boss is ready to show his ruthless streak by axing some of his underperforming stars this summer.

That's despite Rangers' transfer embargo meaning he wouldn't be able to replace them until September 1.

But he insists he'll have no problems going with the kids for the month of August if it leaves the club in better shape for the rest of the season.

McCoist said: "If I need to make drastic changes I'll just have to explain to the fans that the first four games might be a problem.

"I know that and I'm big enough to take the flak that goes with it. We might lose two of those first four games, I don't know.

"But if a decision has to be made then I'm prepared to make it. If I have to play kids for the first four games then it has to be done because I have to look beyond that."

Last week McCoist defended his team against chief executive Charles Green's accusations they're the worst ever, only to see them crash at home to Annan.

Seven days later he was fighting his own corner and hitting back at claims he and his staff aren't working to a plan for the future.

McCoist, whose side scraped a 1-0 win at Elgin yesterday, said: "I'm absolutely 100 per cent clear on what's required.

"I know what's needed in the short-term and I'm certainly aware of what's required in the long-term.

"Contrary to what's been said, I do have a plan. It's a strange situation we have to look short-term because we have to win the league, whichever league it is.

"But we also have to look longer term. You maybe have to make changes half way through the short-term to continue with your long-term.

"Is this the hardest time to be Rangers manager? When has a manager said before the season's finished he might have to put out a team that might lose their first four games of the following season?

"Has that happened before? No. But that's the situation and madness we're faced with.

"However if anyone is saying we aren't together as a staff and focused with a plan and a route back I have to reassure everyone we are.

"In the coming weeks it will be made crystal clear to everybody what the plan is in terms of youth, scouting, the first team and so on.

"Everything will be looked at and a plan will be put in place and in operation. All these questions will be answered in time."

McCoist won't just spend the upcoming week preparing for Saturday's clash with Stirling Albion as the Third Division title edges ever closer.

He's also planning on taking in as many games as possible as he continues to scout new faces.

McCoist said: "I'm hoping to watch a lot of football over the next four or five weeks and I'll certainly be more selective in the games I'll be going to.

"I went to Man United v Real Madrid last week although that doesn't do you any harm either because that's where you want to be eventually.

"But in terms of players I'm going to look at it won't be involving too many players from those two clubs."

SunSport revealed Kilmarnock keeper Cammy Bell has penned a pre-contract with the Ibrox side but McCoist is reluctant to confirm any new signings.

He added: "You have got to respect the player coming in. My priority would be to protect the new player, even if in the short-term he's not with us.

"A marquee signing would be good but because of the circumstances your marquee signings are not going to be a Brian Laudrup or Paul Gascoigne.

"But that's not to say they won't be as important as those two guys were."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co...l#ixzz2NkxKoSiI

Ally talks a good game let's see the plan's for what's ahead i don't see players leaving if there not getting more money. I don't think they are bad players overnight something is not right.

Really our signing a decent youngish Scottish keeper tells you all about the plan?

decent! Couldn't even get a game in front of Alan combe or mark brown. Biggest team he has ever played for is Kilmarnock with the rest being 3 division teams were he wasn't even their best player. He constantly makes massive errors like he did against hibs a couple of weeks ago,he has one cap for Scotland and isn't even in the running with McGreigor injured,most people are judging him on his cup final display which was a one off

decent! Couldn't even get a game in front of Alan combe or mark brown. Biggest team he has ever played for is Kilmarnock with the rest being 3 division teams were he wasn't even their best player. He constantly makes massive errors like he did against hibs a couple of weeks ago,he has one cap for Scotland and isn't even in the running with McGreigor injured,most people are judging him on his cup final display which was a one off

So you dont rate him, fair enough ive always been impressed with Bell as a spl keeper, hes not Mcgregor but neither is Alexander but Bell is at least as good a replacement for Neil and with his contract talks going nowhere it looks like Bell may be our No1 and should be more than able for the next couple of years. Still dont see how signing Bell tells you about the direction of the team though.

So you dont rate him, fair enough ive always been impressed with Bell as a spl keeper, hes not Mcgregor but neither is Alexander but Bell is at least as good a replacement for Neil and with his contract talks going nowhere it looks like Bell may be our No1 and should be more than able for the next couple of years. Still dont see how signing Bell tells you about the direction of the team though.

guess its all down to opinions but he wasn't deemed good enough to be killmarnocks first choice keeper in 2010/11 when they brought in mark brown to cover combe when he was injured.don't expect someone as good as McGreigor but would rather keep alexander. Watch bells mistake that put them out the cup a couple of weeks ago he makes mistakes like that often especially when he doesn't have a lot to do.

guess its all down to opinions but he wasn't deemed good enough to be killmarnocks first choice keeper in 2010/11 when they brought in mark brown to cover combe when he was injured.don't expect someone as good as McGreigor but would rather keep alexander. Watch bells mistake that put them out the cup a couple of weeks ago he makes mistakes like that often especially when he doesn't have a lot to do.

Confused by this post? Signing a younger, cheaper keeper to Alexander who is at least on a par with Neil with the potential and time to improve! I understand the critisim regarding the potential signing of daly but I think if we do get bell on a free it is good business!

he couldn't even get a game for montrose when he went on loan to them a few years back didn't win so much as a motm for queens park when he played for them on loan.Very poor concentration and will not get away with his usual mistakes at Ibrox. He couldn't even get picked for Scotland under 21s