Ally asks Charles for answers

If Ally is worried about the situation why shouldn't he release such a statement.

Other than ensuring his investment is in tact if any of you think CG cares about what's best for Rangers you are deluded. And I support the guy and thank god he took over, doesn't mean we shouldn't watch him like a hawk or simply do the RM thing and dismiss any reports we don't like the sound of as mischief making.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This fucking shit again :anguish: I dont know whats going on re whyte/CG but im so sick of every time we think we are getting past last year something pops up to drag us back. The only reassuring thing is the share issue surely the FSA would have checked out all the new companys paperwork and flagged up any concerns about this?

Once again Ally fails to dismiss the pish in the media and plays to the fans. He once again could have shut this down 100% but chooses to leave it all hanging in the air. Giving the press what they want. Makes you wonder at times.

one thing the article gets right is fans, like you, expect Ally to have all the answers about everything- but when he doesn't he is sucking up ffs he does not know the answer to ever piece iof the CG deal - and gives an honest answer and still folk have a dig at him 'playing up to the fans' dammed if he does - damned if he doesn't - it is one thing to question his managerial ability but is there anyone who actually doibts his love for the club and his desire to do well and put the club first - but cheap shots like this post are just that- cheap!

His post frequency will drop by about 75% then.

you don't have a clue then really. His post history on here tells me all I need to know but hey it's open to all so let the drip drip comments carry on, it's all the rage these days ti put the boot into our management, staff, board and all under the name rangers.

The admin made it clear we're to bring concerns to them via pm and report function.

Aye well IMO, that silly new rule has given the taigs free run on here.

Most members don't wanna go running to admin every time they suspect someone. But the taigs seem to be super quick at reporting people accusing them.

It's a mental rule.

Have a look at the guys posts FFS.

Instead of giving long standing members shit for accusing, maybe have a look at the accused.

when he has the likes of ed siding with near everything he says among others then they have feet firmly under the table.

Aye well IMO, that silly new rule has given the taigs free run on here.

Most members don't wanna go running to admin every time they suspect someone. But the taigs seem to be super quick at reporting people accusing them.

It's a mental rule.

Not really, the accusations were clogging up the board and being used every time somebody had a not so popular opinion. And yes I did it myself sometimes.

17 October 2012 Last updated at 16:01

Craig Whyte: I brought Charles Green in to buy Rangers

Former Rangers owner Craig Whyte has claimed he introduced Charles Green to Duff and Phelps as the administrators searched for a buyer for the club.

In a wide-ranging BBC interview, Mr Whyte said he and his advisors "went out and used our contacts" in London "to put a suitable deal together".

Rangers chief executive Mr Green said Mr Whyte had painted "a misleading picture of what actually happened".

He said his team contacted Mr Whyte as it thought his shares might be needed.

Rangers, under Whyte's control, was forced into administration by HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) on 14 February over non-payment of tax totalling about £14m.

Asset sale

After HMRC rejected proposals for a creditors agreement that would have allowed the old club to continue, administrators Duff and Phelps negotiated a sale of assets to a consortium led by Mr Green for £5.5m.

Continue reading the main story

“Start Quote

Yet again Craig Whyte's version of events paints a misleading picture of what actually happened and it's regrettable that the BBC is providing him with such a platform”

Charles Green Rangers chief executive

He has since formed a new club, now playing in the Scottish Football League Third Division.

Speaking exclusively to BBC Scotland's Chris McLaughlin, Whyte said he had played a key role in the sale.

"I was the one who found a buyer - it wasn't Duff and Phelps," he said.

"My colleagues in London - when no credible buyer was coming forward - went out and used our contacts in the city to find… to put a suitable deal together."

When asked if he was the one who had brought Mr Green to the table, Whyte answered: "Absolutely. I introduced them to Duff and Phelps."

Asked if his relationship with Charles Green and Rangers was okay, he replied: "Yeah, sure.

"I think given the public perception of me, people are keen to distance themselves from me publicly.

"But I have no problem with the current management of Rangers."

'Direct contact'

Mr Whyte's version of events, however, is comprehensively disputed by Mr Green.

In a statement, the Rangers chief executive said: "Yet again Craig Whyte's version of events paints a misleading picture of what actually happened and it's regrettable that the BBC is providing him with such a platform.

"The facts are that direct contact was made by our consortium with Craig Whyte in the first instance as it appeared at that time that his shares would have to be secured in order for any purchase of the club to progress.

"I was not present when contact was initially made but subsequently met Craig Whyte, who introduced me to the administrator."

Mr Green said he had "no previous association with Craig Whyte" and it was "misleading to suggest he 'brought us in'."

He added: "I was brought to the transaction by Imran Ahmad following Duff and Phelps contacting Zeus Capital in February, due to their experience in the football sector."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-west-19976991

Once again Ally fails to dismiss the pish in the media and plays to the fans. He once again could have shut this down 100% but chooses to leave it all hanging in the air. Giving the press what they want. Makes you wonder at times.

What? If he was playing to the fans he'd say it's nonsense, given that's what every fan wants to hear. He clearly knows no more than us and wants it cleared up, like we do.

Threads get absolutely ruined by 'aw he's a tarrier' etc; and most of the accusations are merely because someone's got a different opinion.

pish. Threads get ruined because by the taigs on here.

In my experience on here, the way new members handle the accusations says more about them than anything else. But now we can't even draw them out like that.

You can't honestly tell me you have not seen an upturn in the aount of dodgy posts on here since that new stupid rule came out.

I agree with most admin/mod stances on here, but your new rule is a joke, designed to get long standing members in trouble from shit stirring taigs.

This is my opinion and it wont change. I am not breaking your new rule, but i don't agree with it and I think it has effected the site for the worse.

Not really, the accusations were clogging up the board and being used every time somebody had a not so popular opinion. And yes I did it myself sometimes.

what exactly cloggs up the board? A post calling someone Tim or constant reposts of the sane thing every day about our manager, yeh a Timmy accusation cloggs this place right up

I can't say I have seen an increase in dodgy posts.

I'll just point out, we don't read every single post and thread, so if you're outting someone as a tarrier- it's far better to hit the report function or PM one of us.

I do report regularly, some result in the taig being removed.

not everyone feels comfortable running to admin with their problems, most like to have it out in the open, which is a pretty good use for a forum, airing your differences in public.

I HAVE seen an upturn in taigy posts on here, and any time any one of them gets called out, they fucking link that new rule.

As i said, we ( the regular members) have outed many many taigs by accusing them and watching them unravel and out themselves for us.

Maybe you should make an automatic review of anyone who reports a member for calling them a taig, at least half the time their is a valid reason for someone to believe the person is a taig or infiltrator.

what exactly cloggs up the board? A post calling someone Tim or constant reposts of the sane thing every day about our manager, yeh a Timmy accusation cloggs this place right up

You really don't get the workings of a forum do you!! someone posts and that opens the right for someone else to give their opinion . Many could say that since you have reappeared you have been nothing but antagonistic, but I merely thank you for giving me the chance to reply to your posts and half the time when I reply to a post I don't pay attention as to who posted.

Just watched Ally on SSN. Says he knew nothing of this until he read it in the press this morning, and wants to speak with CG about this.

Irrespective of the truth behind it all, if Ally has not been briefed, and I think he's genuine, then that's just wrong. I'm all for manager and chief exec / chairman having different roles, remits and not being best buddies, but they should not leave the other out to dry at a press conference.

No I want you to back up that accusation. plus why should I make life easy for you.

make life easy lol you certainly are not making it hard and all I am going to say is you are a subtle version of many on here. back up these taigs pandering to you.

make life easy lol you certainly are not making it hard and all I am going to say is you are a subtle version of many on here. back up these taigs pandering to you.

Yet I don't pander to you.

And actually doesn't bother me if a sellic fan posts on here, I look upon it as what a fanny spending time and effort on a Rangers forum, and the moronic ones that come on and spout bile then again how sad and they are quickly removed.

You really don't get the workings of a forum do you!! someone posts and that opens the right for someone else to give their opinion . Many could say that since you have reappeared you have been nothing but antagonistic, but I merely thank you for giving me the chance to reply to your posts and half the time when I reply to a post I don't pay attention as to who posted.

fekk me you are boring me today.

WTF? Ally is the Manager of our club, he has plenty of responsibilities. Knowing the ins and outs of the deal that CG put up buy Rangers is NOT one of them.