St.Mirren Statement

bluechip

Im my own humble opinion and hopefully i am proven correct only the mhanks,hivs,scumdee hibs,and the sheep actually want this whole sorry mess to go forward and if thats the case (and ALL the other clubs GROW A PAIR) it should FAIL..

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The spl2 plan was for if they didn't get the 2/3 majority vote from the sfl.

If the spl don't vote this through next week, it's as you were for the time being.

Only if they abide by their own rules.

Since they desperately need this to go through, I suspect they will find some way of getting it done despite St Mirren and Ross County's approval. I could even see them changing the rules.

Make no mistake, they are royally screwed if it doesn't happen as they need to secure our cash and deliver the TV deal.

They had absolutely no appetite for restructuring just over a year ago, yet suddenly it has leapt straight in at number one on their priority chart.

Speaking of TV deals, Has anyone ever seen the details of this contract ? Show us the deals !!

This won't end here methinks.

Good to see that the boost to the coffers a Cup Win gave St Mirran hasn't made them continue down the road to madness.

Part of me thinks though that they are only saying that because it's a fucked plan already and they don't want to be seen on the sinking ship.

Credit where it's due though, first statement in a long time from them which affects us that isn't just driven by bile-filled hatred.

This. (tu)

Correct me if I'm wrong but should we not be hoping for the reconstruction goes ahead. With us then playing in the second tier??

That would mean we are one promotion away from the SPL and not two?

they pretty much came out and said we woukd stay in the bottom teir

they pretty much came out and said we woukd stay in the bottom teir

I think we would have a chance of being granted promotion into the second tier. For this reason I hope some sort of reconstruction takes place as Id rather be playing in the top division in 2014 rather than 2015.

Why are the majority of people on here delighted with this statement? Is it because they think the reconstruction is a bad idea or simply because they don't want the SFA to get what they want? I suspect it's the latter and I say, don't cut off your nose to spite your face.

I think we would have a chance of being granted promotion into the second tier. For this reason I hope some sort of reconstruction takes place as Id rather be playing in the top division in 2014 rather than 2015.

Why are the majority of people on here delighted with this statement? Is it because they think the reconstruction is a bad idea or simply because they don't want the SFA to get what they want? I suspect it's the latter and I say, don't cut off your nose to spite your face.

Don't talk shite. We're against it as its a fucking cluster fuck of an idea that's never worked anywhere else where its been tried.

We need the reconstruction to be the right choice for the good of the game.

It also shows how ignorant of the situation you are when you think it's the Sfa who are doing this when its the spl

Have you actually read anything about the reconstruction proposals? They are a joke and based on the fact the SPL has no sponsor and has hidden the tv deal do you really want to put any trust in them to take the game forward!

We need change in Scottish football but this is not it and the threats and blackmail coming from the SPL and Doncaster should further concern clubs.....why the need to rush this through? The whole split into 3 thing is a joke and the majority of sensible football fans don't want it....the only reason the Tims are pushing it as they perceive it damages us!

If it does go through we will not get promoted despite that being completely against sporting integrity so I don't see why any rangers fan would be anything other than happy that SPL chairman are questioning the validity of these proposals!

Have you actually read anything about the reconstruction proposals? They are a joke and based on the fact the SPL has no sponsor and has hidden the tv deal do you really want to put any trust in them to take the game forward!

We need change in Scottish football but this is not it and the threats and blackmail coming from the SPL and Doncaster should further concern clubs.....why the need to rush this through? The whole split into 3 thing is a joke and the majority of sensible football fans don't want it....the only reason the Tims are pushing it as they perceive it damages us!

If it does go through we will not get promoted despite that being completely against sporting integrity so I don't see why any rangers fan would be anything other than happy that SPL chairman are questioning the validity of these proposals!

In all honesty I've not read much of it. I was thinking in a purely selfish point of view, that it might get us where we belong quicker.

Correct me if I'm wrong but should we not be hoping for the reconstruction goes ahead. With us then playing in the second tier??

That would mean we are one promotion away from the SPL and not two?

Are you serious?

We stay in the bottom tier (though the 2 year timescale for returning to the top league remains the same)

This season would mean nothing (remember sporting integrity)

The cabal want to stay in control and are after Gers TV rights whilst keeping us down.

87% of fooball fans dont want it.

the 8-8-8 split is an emarrassment

fuck the SPL

In all honesty I've not read much of it. I was thinking in a purely selfish point of view, that it might get us where we belong quicker.

In fairness mate I think it would be best for you to have a good read about how it all works should reconstruction go through and form your opinion on fact rather than the snippets you get in the press etc....it certainly won't get us there any quicker and even if it did that would cause so many problems and leave us open to even more greif! All we are asking for is fairness....play a league, win a league, get promotion.....not for fast tracking of any kind....

Charles takes a wee trip down to Paisley with the threat of this reconstruction on us, and next thing we know St Mirren are first team to come out and condemn it.

Gives new meaning to the "Buddie"s term methinks. :craphead:

Well that's the Tims conspiracy theory anyway what is more likely is gilmour had intimated he was against this and wishedto further discus 14-14-14 as proposed by Charles! Tims are talking about boycotting! Hilarious in that it doesn't affect them but they perceive (wrongly) it helps us! #obsessed!!!

The spl2 plan was for if they didn't get the 2/3 majority vote from the sfl.

If the spl don't vote this through next week, it's as you were for the time being.

Really? Nice one for clearing that one up. Fingers crossed some other clubs see sense.

Motherwell Football Club will host an open fans forum on league reconstruction this coming Thursday, 11th April.

The club have already met with both the board and members of the ‘Well Society in recent months, but wish to discuss more broadly with the general support ahead of the SPL vote on Monday 15th April.

The forum will take place in the Davie Cooper Suite at Fir Park between 7pm and 9pm. Representatives from the MFC board will be in attendance to take questions from the audience.

The first hour of the meeting will be for pre-submitted questions – you are encouraged to send any questions you would like to see answered, even if you can’t or don’t want to attend the evening itself. These can be submitted to – press@motherwellfc.co.uk.

The second hour will be a live Q&A with the audience where attendees can quiz the board on any topic not covered in the previous hour.

The Cooper Suite is restricted to 120 people and attendance will be on a first-come, first-served basis. If you would like attend, please email the same address, press@motherwellfc.co.uk, when you will be given an email of confirmation if you are in the first 120.

Entertainment will be provided by Tam Cowan and his "Lillian Gish" jokes

Ironic they decide the future of scottish football in a suite named after an Iconic Scottish player

Well that's the Tims conspiracy theory anyway what is more likely is gilmour had intimated he was against this. and wishedto further discus 14-14-14 as proposed by Charles! Tims are talking about boycotting! Hilarious in that it doesn't affect them but they perceive (wrongly) it helps us! #obsessed!!!

St Mirren won't actually care about them boycotting their ground. Extra income is always good but st Mirren are in good financial position so don't need to worry about bowing down to the bheasts threats! I wouldn't think that many taigs would go to love street anyway considering they can't even go to their own games at the piggery.