Charles Green charged over racist remark

djbroxybear

Charles Green, the Rangers chief executive, has been charged with bringing the game into disrepute by the Scottish Football Association over alleged racist remarks.

The pressure group Show Racism the Red Card complained over an interview in the Scottish Sun at the weekend. He said:

"I was brought up in a mining community where whether someone was black, white, Catholic, Salvation Army, Protestant made no difference. When I played at Worksop Town, the other striker was 'Darkie' Johnson. Now if I say that today I could go to jail. Imran [Ahmad, former Rangers director] will come in and I'll say, 'How's my Paki friend?'" Green has until Wednesday to respond before a hearing a week today.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/scottish/rangers-chief-charles-green-charged-over-racist-remarks-8567917.html

The word racism gets used for too much in this country it gets used a weapon against people. He was simply saying how mad the pc mob are with this. Imran who is his mate isn't offended by it, so it should have fuck all to do with anyone what he talks to his mate about.

I don't think he should be saying it though in the media or whoever picked this up.

He didn't say it to offend anyone, but he should just calm his jets when talking to cunts up here.

Everything he has said since coming here has been contradicted by the media. Just don't talk to the cunts simple.

surely if imran isn't offended by it how is it racism?! the funniest thing with the uk to do with this racism thing is that the majority of people complaining are probably white wanting and looking for something to complain about. I have a black friend and refer to him sometimes as nig, its just all relevance if i was to say your a n***er bastard then it is a racist downgrading remark. Christ in this country people address their friends as "cunt". Its just all relevance, having said that Green needs to shut up and stop embarrassing himself and the club.

Well imran the guy that Charles Green was referring to isn't.

I know what you're saying, that's probably the way it should go, but we know how PC mad the world is, why does the word cunt get bleeped out of every tv show? When fuck, piss, shite, fanny, wanker etc are fine? Because enough people are offended by even the use of the word never mind the context. And Green knows every single word he says is analyzed and magnified.

A gross over reaction to a silly, thoughtless comment. An apology from CG should see the matter resolved. But it wouldn't be the Scottish football authorities if it wasn't making a huge mountain out of a little molehill.