Luca Gasparotto

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering he is only 18, I thought he actualy covered for Cribari on several occasions today.

Cribari constantly went for the first ball with Luca behind him.

This is okay but works much better if Cribari can win a header sometimes.

The boy reads the game well and is pretty quick (partly pace and partly intelligence).

Didn't punt the ball up the park - Looked for the simple pass.

Yes i was well impressed.

Talking about punting up the park, did you notice that when Alexander had the ball the back 4 turned their back on him>

WTF is that all about?

Considering he is only 18, I thought he actualy covered for Cribari on several occasions today.

Cribari constantly went for the first ball with Luca behind him.

This is okay but works much better if Cribari can win a header sometimes.

The boy reads the game well and is pretty quick (partly pace and partly intelligence).

Didn't punt the ball up the park - Looked for the simple pass.

Yes i was well impressed.

Talking about punting up the park, did you notice that when Alexander had the ball the back 4 turned their back on him>

WTF is that all about?

Why wouldn't they turn their backs on him? every fucking time Alexander gets the ball in his hands he waits until the opposition is nowhere near him, drops the ball on the deck and waves away our defenders/midfielders to get them as high up the park as possible.

It looks as if he is shepherding a bunch of sheep or chasing away fucking pigeons.

He then proceeds to blooter the ball as far as he can,so it makes sense for our defenders/midfielders to face the opposition because as sure as fuck,our forwards won't win a high ball challenge and the ball is back in an area where we have to win it back again.

Alexander does my napper in this season with that pish.The reason he does it instead of playing it short is because he doesn't trust our defence/midfielders to not lose possession in our half.

I hope that explains your query.

What school did he go to?

I can see his school from my window, just a public school here in Ajax, Ontario. He and his dad are known throughout the football club here, they used to come into my football shop to buy his boots.

He was always a good footballer, very technically sound and had a great head on his shoulder but lacked strength and pace badly. Since he's arrived in Glasgow at a proper club I'm sure he's worked hard in the gym and it's paying off.

Strange feeling seeing somebody you know living your dream. From what I understand he had a 2 week trial with Milan before us (his family are Milan supporters) but there was an issue with his work permit or visa.

Oz

I know the reason they turn their back on Alexander.

When I was (much) younger and playing CH, I was always told to face the ball.

This was to offer the keeper a chance to roll the ball to you and play from the back.

It was also in case one of his "blooters" didn't get off the deck.

The opposition forwards would be facing the ball and would therefore have an advatage over you.

I agree totally that Alexander is afraid his back line lose the ball, but kicking it up the park for a 50/50 (at best) is not the answer.

The answer is to have defenders who are comfortable on the ball and look for it.

The defensive midfielder(s) should also be looking for it from the keeper. Mind you, they should be the best passers of the ball - IB and KH?

Anyone who likes to watch football wants to see their team building from the back, Alexander booting the ball up the park 9 times out of ten must be sanctioned by the three amigo's in the dugout...............and therein lays the problem.

As for young Luca he looks a great prospect, with the right coaching and encouragement could turn out to be a player for us, and therein lays the problem.

If Captain America does come back (at the right price) then teaming Luca up with him would surely be an answer.

Boca would have pace beside him to help him through the twilight of his career and Luca would have the "auld heid" to learn from.

Boca isn't one for back to front crap either so hopefully there would be encouragement for our keeper to roll the ball to either of his CBs rather than "the blooter".