Luca Gasparotto

How many of us have been saying this since Xmas, and especially since Linfield?

I'd hate to think Cribari keeps his place as Luca took to that team like a duck to water. I've never been as confident about our defending as i was in the 2nd half today all season.

Absolutely! I hope we get Cribari to fuck, this lad looks twice the player.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been keeping tabs on him in the reserves and he's solid at the back, told my brother what to expect if he comes on and he proved my point. Hopefully he can be nurtured and improve over the next few seasons and be a great talent for us.

What a talent this guy looks. Really impressed me when he came on and looked twice the player cribari has been, watching him i dont think he lost an arial battle for the whole second half, always looked in the correct position aswell. This lad could be what weve been screaming out for , a no nonsense battler that can dominate in the air and at 18 hes got time to improve and bulk up physically. Think we have an absolute gem on our hands.

Also a special mention for Seb Faure, i think in the last few games his performances have really improved, seemed to of added an aggression and authority to his tackling and heading that has been lacking but he was immense at the back today aswell

I was at the reserve game against Queens Park when they won league and it was obvious how comfortable the back four were. Faure looked like a different player along side Gasparotto and young Mitchell looked the part as well.

Luca seems to have loads of potential. Young Aird seems to be gaining in confidence and starting to settle into the Scottish game.

Both are around 18.

Should we have we looking to tap into the Canadian system for young players to add to the squad?? Many will have dual-citizenship including a EC passport so work permits are not an issue.

• 2 weeks later...

He really should be first choice centre back next season.

Agree with this. People can get carried away with young players. A couple of decent games and they are world beaters. Thing with him though is that none of our centre halfs have been any good at all this season. Luca certainly wouldnt be any worse. Think he's well worth a starting slot and certainly should be in and around the first team