RM Sponsors - Look what we've got...

govanblue

I'm planning on having a raffle in a few weeks - probably just after the season ends when we've got nothing else to talk about (if only!!!!)

Not better starting the raffle in the week in the run up to the trophy presentation?

I'm just thinking of site traffic. It should be quite busy around then, where as it might be quite dead with us not being able to buy players during the off season.

Unless some bad news pops up during the close season, I honestly don't think there will be much to talk about at all = dead site = less raffle tickets sold.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not better starting the raffle in the week in the run up to the trophy presentation?

I'm just thinking of site traffic. It should be quite busy around then, where as it might be quite dead with us not being able to buy players during the off season.

Unless some bad news pops up during the close season, I honestly don't think there will be much to talk about at all = dead site = less raffle tickets sold.

Yeah you're probably right. That means I need to get my act together sooner though :(

Yeah you're probably right. That means I need to get my act together sooner though :(

Just thinking about how a raffle would work. If you post tickets out, it's not gonae be cheap.

I take it you will just write names on the back of the actual tickets, then match a username with numbers in an OP on here or something?

It pisses me off when people attack each other, and the divisions creep in on RFC topics.

But when it comes to giving money for the cause, then we come together. Keep up the good work GB and all others who help. I'm generally a mean bastard, but every pound towards RFC is a happy pound.

Just thinking about how a raffle would work. If you post tickets out, it's not gonae be cheap.

I take it you will just write names on the back of the actual tickets, then match a username with numbers in an OP on here or something?

Nothing as high tech as that I'm afraid :D

The way I did it for the brick certificate raffle was to just create a table in word (5 rows, 20 columns = 100 cells per A4 page).

Then just paste the usernames in, once for each ticket. (we had 285 in total)

Then print them out, cut them up, stick them in a hat, and get some friends in the pub to draw the names out - witnessed by another (trusted) RM member.

So I don't see why we can't just do it that way again.

And we all know what the African postal system is like... Don't post mine :)

It pisses me off when people attack each other, and the divisions creep in on RFC topics.

But when it comes to giving money for the cause, then we come together. Keep up the good work GB and all others who help. I'm generally a mean bastard, but every pound towards RFC is a happy pound.

I know how you feel mate.

I've hardly been posting at all these days, cos all the negativity and fighting is just so tedious and depressing - eventhough it's totally understandable given what we're all being put through on a daily basis.

But based on comments like yours and many others, and the many pms I get on the subject - it's obvious that there's an appetite amongst a lot of RM Bears for some good cheery wholesome fare like this every now and again.

And since it will be another few weeks before NNM starts dishing out our awesome retro-Rangers silk scarves, I thought it was time I started the ball rolling on the Sponsors' Fundraising.

Hopefully everyone can get behind it, and we'll have something more fun to argue over - like do we sponsor Darren Cole again next year? Now there's a hot potato!!!

I know how you feel mate.

I've hardly been posting at all these days, cos all the negativity and fighting is just so tedious and depressing - eventhough it's totally understandable given what we're all being put through on a daily basis.

But based on comments like yours and many others, and the many pms I get on the subject - it's obvious that there's an appetite amongst a lot of RM Bears for some good cheery wholesome fare like this every now and again.

And since it will be another few weeks before NNM starts dishing out our awesome retro-Rangers silk scarves, I thought it was time I started the ball rolling on the Sponsors' Fundraising.

Hopefully everyone can get behind it, and we'll have something more fun to argue over - like do we sponsor Darren Cole again next year? Now there's a hot potato!!!

Did Rangers tell you when we can go for a new player?

We need to do everything in our power to get Jig or Lee Wallace.

Did Rangers tell you when we can go for a new player?

We need to do everything in our power to get Jig or Lee Wallace.

There's a waiting list for Jig, and a few others :(

Nothing is sure until the hospitality team get the final squad list.

Existing sponsors get first refusal on their player.

Hospitality will let us know our options nearer the time.

Think it'll be great for RangersMedia to gain this much exposure, perhaps if RM's efforts continue - the Club might actually start to take an interest in people's opinions on this forum for example: Future signings, who our fans are interested in picking up etc.

Everybody wins! Mon the RM!

It looks like he took a lot of time signing it - you would have thought a wee personal message like 'All the best Rangersmedia' or 'Good Luck' or something.

Miserable git!

I think they are all the same. They must be told that they will get RSI if they write too much. I got Colin Stein to sign his autobiography & it's just the same, a brief little scribble that you can hardly make out to be the person's name. I can't imagine Colin gets too many autograph requests these days?

I'll be starting a new thread shortly for Sponsors' Fund members to discuss what we're going to do with this framed shirt.

I will also PM all 104 members to ask them to have their say on the thread

So get your thinking caps on :sherlock: