Have the old guard stabbed their way into the boardroom?

theiconicman

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But his statements against reconstruction etc are there for all to see.

what does that have to do with title stripping?

Green wanted us in the SPL, he then wanted us in the 1st (never once voicing opposition to it despite the offer that was tabled) i.e. take your medicine from Lawwell and move on.

what does that have to do with title stripping?

Green wanted us in the SPL, he then wanted us in the 1st (never once voicing opposition to it despite the offer that was tabled) i.e. take your medicine from Lawwell and move on.

Not at all, he rejected any notion of giving up titles as a deal.

Interest of the club or old pals isnt the same in my book. If you have something to say as a director come out and say it, dont feed cryptic stories to the enemies in the press, or for that matter cliques within the support. It can make it look like you have an agenda you want kept secret.

directors do and should disagree all the time and should Never come out with their disagreements as there job is to find a path through those disagreements for the benefit of the club ( or company) the last thing we need is every disagreement being discussed in public - it's not an opinion poll it's leadership - disagreements happen all the time and get resolved all the time without needing to court public opinion !

also you do not know even if there is a leak! yoi are basing all this shit on rumours!

The same man who last week was singing the praise of Celtic and Lemmon last week in the papers.

it's a sport - sometimes in a sport others do well - you may have the hatred strong and can't see anything other ham blue - Walter is a sportsman who can see decent endeavour in others -and if hat is the best you can do with this anti - Walter sentiment you have it's pretty pish poor !

it's a sport - sometimes in a sport others do well - you may have the hatred strong and can't see anything other ham blue - Walter is a sportsman who can see decent endeavour in others -and if hat is the best you can do with this anti - Walter sentiment you have it's pretty pish poor !

Expected your handwringing response. You make me laugh when saying Walter is a sportsman, what is sporty about giving praise to a manager and his club, who hate us, and tried to kill us.

Expected your handwringing response. You make me laugh when saying Walter is a sportsman, what is sporty about giving praise to a manager and his club, who hate us, and tried to kill us.

that's just your bitterness speaking as you long ago lost sight that football is a sport !

McCoist saved the club when he gave Green his backing far more than Green ever did. Without his say so ST's wouldn't have been bought in numbers.

Did he? How did he go about that exactly? by clapping the fans during a rendition if you 'hate Stewart Regan clap your hands?' this was after we were landed in the 3rd division, something green was desperate to avoid and that included having 5 titles wiped from the history books. again McCoist was the key figure who under no circumstances would agree to that.

This is another myth, how did he go about defending the fans? there's no evidence of this. If anything his comical statements after Berwick were more painfully out of touch as any previous regime.

We're Rangers, we have one of the biggest fan bases on the planet. Sponsorship was inevitable no matter where we played. and believe it or not our sponsors are still shared with that lot across the city who tried to bury us

Again, we're Rangers. We're an investable product especially after debts are wiped and our only route is upwards. Who's to say he might have underachieved.

Murray often piled on empty rhetoric of the promised land. it was of course all bullshit.

He's a snake oil salesman whose happy to meet his shaftees until the truth outs at which point he's retreated abroad with his share.

Again, snake oil salesmen know how to play the gallery.

So according to your logic, we didn't need CG at all when we had Super Ally? Why is he not CEO then?

C'mon guys let's lay off poor wee Mark Walters who's clearly here on a mission

He hasn't a scooby about Green or Rangers for that matter

No point arguing with someone who is only at the wind up.

Credit where it's due. He's doing a good job in pushing his pro FF/TBK party line.

However if he thinks he's convincing anyone he's sadly mistaken. He's only further entrenching views against his sponsors.

Bain should not even be allowed to buy a ticket for Ibrox. Bain is not a Rangers man, has he not been very very well paid by Rangers? If Bain gets on the board then we would all be as well wrapping it. Charles Green is innocent until proven otherwise, And if he was just a front for Whyte then the sfa have a lot to answer for.

Is that all that Rangers mean to you, just a football team.

yes that is enough - my politics, religion and life are not defined by the team I follow and for me it is the sporting history , leadership and dignity that this club show that defines it for me - not hatred, not bitterness and I certainly refuse to be defined by what another club do!

The same man who last week was singing the praise of Celtic and Lemmon last week in the papers.

Have to agree with this .Im sick fed up with good old Walt and Ally seen to be ingratiating the beggar loving media in this Country .Big Shug Keevins their old mukka from the Nine in the row days and his ilk can't do no wrong it seems .Charles hated the biased media up here,so much he gave all his interviews with Skysports and Talksport .The Rodent loving media didn't like this for me and saught ways to ambush him when they got a chance ,hence Stvs interview which was strung out over a whole week for maximum impact .We need change going forward and this means no old guard going forward .They will always be my heroes but if Ally wants the club cleansed ,let's start with the old boys network .A lot can change being a fan if the Gers it seems in the last 18months and if Green is found to have been in cahoots with Whyte then that will change everything and I'll be first to say I got it wrong .

yes that is enough - my politics, religion and life are not defined by the team I follow and for me it is the sporting history , leadership and dignity that this club show that defines it for me - not hatred, not bitterness and I certainly refuse to be defined by what another club do!

You will still be believing in David Murray and the tooth fairy then eh?

I must have it wrong, I thought Walter was a non executive director. Didnt actually realise he had voting rights

Note: there goes my post count.... bugger

His influence goes way beyond that.

The Dallas Cowboys subject is quite a touchy one it seems. Green seemed determined to prove STV wrong and was extremely insistent on showing them an e-mail which he had received that day. Now, I am a firm believer in "why say it if it's not true?" when in a position like Green. Along with the forged directorate forms regarding Whyte & Sevco 5088 Limited. Why would Green say they were forged if it was going to come back and bite him on the arse?

I don't understand why people are picking on the minority of things he failed to deliver. Circumstances change day in day out, things he said at the time might have been affected the next day by some other factor?

When you oversee the minority of mistakes and ideas that he failed to deliver you will actually notice the amount of spectacular achievements Green pulled off for Rangers.

• He saved the club. Don't give me "the fans saved the club". Yes, we played our part. However, if Green hadn't come in with his consortium and continued the purchase regardless of the CVA outcome I would be surprised if we were sitting here today discussing this. We would have no club, no season tickets to buy, no merchandise to buy, no RangersTV, no nothing. He put the opportunity out there for us to invest in the club we love and rebuild it.
  • He took the SFA & SPL head on without fear. He fought nail and tooth alongside McCoist to have our license, to retain our honours.
  • He defended our club from every attack from every angle and often destroyed the allegations source at point with no reply.
  • He secured us sponsors for next season and beyond that aren't shared with the scum of the country.
  • He had massive plans to help increase revenue in future years and as soon as possible - yet some fans were not happy at this. Again, short memories? Without revenue and money in the bank we would be back to where we started a year ago.
  • He secured investment from £17m worth of institutional investors including Mike Ashley who is no mug when it comes to investing. Green had a plan, a business plan, which he showed and shared with all these investors. His plan clearly was workable. When this £17m-£22m figure was doubted, and it was shown in the accounts, the doubters were silenced.
  • He actively sought routes into English football and away from this dying breed of football which is full of Rangers haters and run by Celtic (basically).
  • He met supporters and gathered OUR views on how to move the club forward. He listened to what we had to say and gave us the opportunity to ask questions. He knew the supporters were the lifeblood of the club.
  • He backed the boycott of Dundee United and donated the gate receipts to charity.

Those are just some of his + points for me. There are probably hundreds more that don't spring to mind. I stand by my opinion that him being forced out of the club will do more harm than good.

great post