Have the old guard stabbed their way into the boardroom?

theiconicman

Charles Green, for me, has done far more good for our club than bad. If links are proven to exist between Whyte and Green, then I'll still judge him on what he achieved for our club.

He got us out of administration

He got us into the SFL3 and a licence to play

He defended us against the SPL and in the media

He pulled the fans on side and saw off the embarrassing £2.72 and a packet of crisps bids of the Tr00 bl00 how-do-you-do knights (hibs fan)

He brought Walter back into the club and started to clear out the high earners and under achievers.

All of this is to his credit in my book. He made some gaffes, the Man Utd quote, the Dallas Cowboys and of course, THAT word to describe his friend Imran Ahmad. As long as Whyte is not involved with the club when we joined the 3rd division, then I don't care what dealings he has had in the past, or what was said/ promised.

With the stories of Green getting rid of Durrant and McDowall, you have to think that Green was looking to get shot of McCoist. A Rangers' legend...was this one change too many for the old stalwarts in the board?

I was hoping Green was going to get to finish with his clear out of the old jobs for the boys mentality at Rangers but it doesn't look likely. If the Blue Knights, McColl or any of the other so called 'Rangers men' come anywhere near the club now, I'll be gutted.

I wait to see who the new CEO is, but it better be someone who will lead from the front. One where he stands tall and is quick to shout down our detractors. If quiet dignity returns to Rangers, then I think ambition and leadership will be the casualties. Both of which we need now more than ever.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Dingwalls storm troopers are in the trenches aiming to get their man that blazer by toeing the Murray Cash Lite line.

These self anointed welks are really starting to get a bit beyond themselves even by their own inflated ego standards

I have no doubts in my mind that CG had to no alternative but to step down as CEO. I am firmly convinced that it was his own statements that ultimately were responsible for his position becoming untenable. I hope very much that his untenable position was not used by those who did not get on with him on a personal basis to settle other matters, and further their own personal agenda. That is why anyone speaking to the media from the club needs to consider very carefully what they are going to say before opening their mouths.

Malcolm Murray part of the old guard?

If Green had kept his trap shut on topics he had no right touching on as CEO then he might still be here and that's before you drag up his dealings and connections to Whyte.

Good fucking riddance!

Wonder if his case of Rangersitis will see him give his 8% share back to the club/fans?

Malcolm Murray part of the old guard?

If Green had kept his trap shut on topics he had no right touching on as CEO then he might still be here and that's before you drag up his dealings and connections to Whyte.

Good fucking riddance!

Wonder if his case of Rangersitis will see him give his 8% share back to the club/fans?

You hate Green, are partying that he's gone and don't believe he did the club any good at all.

We get it.

The more hysterical posters do bring a bit of "cash" light relief to the subject. The hyperbole, hypocrisy and hysteria all mix to bring some truly mental posts to the board. Im sure its coincidence that many of them eat orange filled biscuits, and fancy the tie and blazer combo for match days.

The inflated opinion of their own worth is also a give away.

The more hysterical posters do bring a bit of "cash" light relief to the subject. The hyperbole, hypocrisy and hysteria all mix to bring some truly mental posts to the board. Im sure its coincidence that many of them eat orange filled biscuits, and fancy the tie and blazer combo for match days.

The inflated opinion of their own worth is also a give away.

This post reads; Obsession with Dingwall.

Obsession as to his disruptive interest and self-interest and takes 18 month to pay a bounced cheque,yet this failure turns up to speak tor the fans.......fuck me you are blind.

I long for the day this is all over then those rats in the press turn their attention to his dealings in all of this , as they tend to do when they have no more use for a waster they have used to suit their goal.

Your reply reeks of obsession with me. However given my rapier like wit and thought provoking posts it is easy to be pulled in.

However given the chubby ones rent a gob in connection with the subject highlighting his and his minions involvement is justified, especially as his organisation doesnt believe in consulting the membership before enacting Dingwall decrees.

I don't think what CG has said is insurmountable. Yes he's exaggerated and said stupid things but nothing.that should have caused him to stand down. If it had been a CEO at any other club I don't think people would have expected them to stand down.

I also can see why he had to meet CW for his shares and try to keep it quiet. Remember in the early days we were all suspicious of him and to have any sort of link with CW could have been suicidal.

However if these meetings were more than trying to buy his shares then CG has done the right thing cos we just can't have CW anywhere near ibrox.

That is the only explanation I can give because I can't believe this is a boardroom coup. Surely nobody would be that stupid or selfish to do that to this club at this time. If they have they will have made a rod for they're own back cos fans will be judging the next CEO on what CG has done for us and, as I've said in another thread, he's one he'll of an act to follow.

The mistake that Green made was bringing Walter back and into the boardroom.

:lol: he may regret taking Walter into the boardroom but it was a no mistake - do we really want a board full of yes men all kow towing to a single dictatorial leader? no matter what we do going forward our board must be manned by independent thinkers!

No one has a clue what the actual truth is yet, but still dishing out abuse at Rangers legends. Shocking.

100% agree Waltr and ally get it tight - it is one thing questioning Thier ability but the number who are turning that into personal abuse and accusing them of all sorts is fking shocking

The Dallas Cowboys subject is quite a touchy one it seems. Green seemed determined to prove STV wrong and was extremely insistent on showing them an e-mail which he had received that day. Now, I am a firm believer in "why say it if it's not true?" when in a position like Green. Along with the forged directorate forms regarding Whyte & Sevco 5088 Limited. Why would Green say they were forged if it was going to come back and bite him on the arse?

I don't understand why people are picking on the minority of things he failed to deliver. Circumstances change day in day out, things he said at the time might have been affected the next day by some other factor?

When you oversee the minority of mistakes and ideas that he failed to deliver you will actually notice the amount of spectacular achievements Green pulled off for Rangers.

• He saved the club. Don't give me "the fans saved the club". Yes, we played our part. However, if Green hadn't come in with his consortium and continued the purchase regardless of the CVA outcome I would be surprised if we were sitting here today discussing this. We would have no club, no season tickets to buy, no merchandise to buy, no RangersTV, no nothing. He put the opportunity out there for us to invest in the club we love and rebuild it.
  • He took the SFA & SPL head on without fear. He fought nail and tooth alongside McCoist to have our license, to retain our honours.
  • He defended our club from every attack from every angle and often destroyed the allegations source at point with no reply.
  • He secured us sponsors for next season and beyond that aren't shared with the scum of the country.
  • He had massive plans to help increase revenue in future years and as soon as possible - yet some fans were not happy at this. Again, short memories? Without revenue and money in the bank we would be back to where we started a year ago.
  • He secured investment from £17m worth of institutional investors including Mike Ashley who is no mug when it comes to investing. Green had a plan, a business plan, which he showed and shared with all these investors. His plan clearly was workable. When this £17m-£22m figure was doubted, and it was shown in the accounts, the doubters were silenced.
  • He actively sought routes into English football and away from this dying breed of football which is full of Rangers haters and run by Celtic (basically).
  • He met supporters and gathered OUR views on how to move the club forward. He listened to what we had to say and gave us the opportunity to ask questions. He knew the supporters were the lifeblood of the club.
  • He backed the boycott of Dundee United and donated the gate receipts to charity.

Those are just some of his + points for me. There are probably hundreds more that don't spring to mind. I stand by my opinion that him being forced out of the club will do more harm than good.

100% agree Waltr and ally get it tight - it is one thing questioning Thier ability but the number who are turning that into personal abuse and accusing them of all sorts is fking shocking

W The article posted earlier states clearly that non exec directors are behind some of the strangest ideas weve heard to date like Bains return. That and the leaks from "very senior sources" ill advised comments to the press seem to indicate the involvement of both, and regardless of past achievement's they must both be judged on taking the club forward, Bain and Murray cash lite are not such steps.

:lol: he may regret taking Walter into the boardroom but it was a no mistake - do we really want a board full of yes men all kow towing to a single dictatorial leader? no matter what we do going forward our board must be manned by independent thinkers!

Do you mean the same Walter who would not say a bad word against Murray. :matron: