McCoist seeks transfer clarity

djbroxybear

I would hope that the Board asks AMcC to clarify exactly why he wants to spend more when he already has the 2nd most expensive squad in Scotland. AMcC should be asked exactly how much he feels he needs to be given to win the 2nd Division title. The answer to that latter question would be most illuminating.

Don't forget he has Walter sitting there a man who liked splashing the cash also. So he will look out for him.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair point but the majority of games have been truly woeful and I still feel he does not have what it takes to be a manager. We will waste te chance of perhaps building something good with this poor manager in place,

agree it could be possibly the best and worst time for ally to be manager. There has been some utter dross as well lets hope we can turn the corner. Would have loved to see us start building the right kind of scouting and training schools worldwide regardless of who is manager, hopefully we will see the club making some moves towards this with the money they have in the bank, at the very least it would be something positive to dream about and a step in the right direction. Eventually years down the line the right sort of scouting/schools could negate from any poor managers we have in the future.

agree it could be possibly the best and worst time for ally to be manager. There has been some utter dross as well lets hope we can turn the corner. Would have loved to see us start building the right kind of scouting and training schools worldwide regardless of who is manager, hopefully we will see the club making some moves towards this with the money they have in the bank, at the very least it would be something positive to dream about and a step in the right direction. Eventually years down the line the right sort of scouting/schools could negate from any poor managers we have in the future.

Would like to see him do this, but to my eyes Ally is only interested in next season as in div 2 then it will only be of interest in div 1 if he wins the league next season...........I believe this with his wanting money to buy and get guys in on the money.

Long term structure is of no interest to Ally ..again my opinion from what I have heard from him.

because the fans deserve to have their money invested in the squad so they can watch the best talent available. The question should be how much can the club afford to spend to bring the best talent to Ibrox regardless of opposition?

There is investment, then there is management of invested resources. There is no point in investing further if the current level of investment is not delivering to the level one would expect. I agree the fans deserve more. I cannot agree that our current squad cost structure is sustainable until we are back in the SPL and competing in Europe. The fans deserve, but the Club needs to exist to have fans.

I don't see how anyone can defend McCoist as manager of Rangers anymore wit the exception of that 1 game Ian Durrant was in charge he's the worst manager Rangers have ever had in every aspect of management and the worst thing of all he doesn't seem to be able to identify what he's doing wrong and just keeps making the same mistakes over and over again and then blaming someone or something else for it. But some on here seem to think Ally McCoist is bigger and more important than Rangers football club as a whole and that we should put the clubs development on hold for McCoist. Those people are actually deluding themselves into thinking McCoist is a good manager and that winning the 3rd division against part timers with a £7 Million wage budget and around a million spent on transfers is in some way an achievement despite the fact Gretna finished with a higher points total despite having maybe 5% of the budget we currently have. Just think if the "Gretna Era" was happening now and they had been in the 3rd division with us they would have been promoted and we would have finished 2nd.

I'm sure Ally does seek clarity, with CG in charge he would have got 10 million to spend, and was fairly secure in his role has manager because of the clause that CG put into his contract, saying he wouldn't fire him, if he did then he would quit. A new CEO may not want him to be manager once his 1 year rolling contract is due for renewal, or give him the amount to spend on players if he stays.

Are you sure Ally is on a rolling contract.

Would like to see him do this, but to my eyes Ally is only interested in next season as in div 2 then it will only be of interest in div 1 if he wins the league next season...........I believe this with his wanting money to buy and get guys in on the money.

Long term structure is of no interest to Ally ..again my opinion from what I have heard from him.

would agree with you there as I don't think ally can afford to think long term, the pressure is on him now. If he could struggle through with winning the league the only demand then he could afford to risk using what we have while using all the cash that is available to start proper infrastructure. At the end of the day he can ask all he wants for transfer kitty but think the club should give him £1m-£1.5m from season ticket money for transfers in Jan and give him enough wages to sign 3-4 of his top targets on free transfers this summer. Then a good amount of money say £5m should be used by the club to start scouts all over the world who have a proven track record with a further £5m used to secure these players further down the line when we have had them fully vetted by a director of sport or a head scout, this should be done independently of any manager. Obviously the aim down the line would be for it to be self supporting like Barcelona, but for it to work we need to heavily invest in the people behind the scenes. Aiming high with big wages for someone with credentials in the game like Christian Seifert as ceo would put us ahead of where we have ever been and isn't too much of a fantasy when you have £20m in the bank and no debt with plenty more cash on the way. Now is the time to attract a high calibre candidates who can basically come into a blank canvas just waiting on the right people to take us forward.

I don't see how anyone can defend McCoist as manager of Rangers anymore wit the exception of that 1 game Ian Durrant was in charge he's the worst manager Rangers have ever had in every aspect of management and the worst thing of all he doesn't seem to be able to identify what he's doing wrong and just keeps making the same mistakes over and over again and then blaming someone or something else for it. But some on here seem to think Ally McCoist is bigger and more important than Rangers football club as a whole and that we should put the clubs development on hold for McCoist. Those people are actually deluding themselves into thinking McCoist is a good manager and that winning the 3rd division against part timers with a £7 Million wage budget and around a million spent on transfers is in some way an achievement despite the fact Gretna finished with a higher points total despite having maybe 5% of the budget we currently have. Just think if the "Gretna Era" was happening now and they had been in the 3rd division with us they would have been promoted and we would have finished 2nd.

£7m wage budget gees piece! Where did you get that? The wage budget is no more than 33% of turnover which is around £12m that is a rule which is set in place for investors. Everyone of the 24 first team players would need to be on £6000+ a week! Think the £7m refers to everyone at the club not just players in the first team. Think its closer to £3.9m which is only slightly higher than Gretna had.

£7m wage budget gees piece! Where did you get that? The wage budget is no more than 33% of turnover which is around £12m that is a rule which is set in place for investors. Everyone of the 24 first team players would need to be on £6000+ a week! Think the £7m refers to everyone at the club not just players in the first team. Think its closer to £3.9m which is only slightly higher than Gretna had.

I think the wage bill is easily above 33% of turnover.

So the Manager of our Club needs to speak to someone at Board level to (re)establish what budget he can operate with. Would have been far stronger if the 'someone' could have been named, or if the 'someone' had himself stepped forward to show some indication of proper leadership by providing a statement on how the process of signing players is to work now that CG has gone. Who is the 'someone' I wonder? When a CEO goes my usual experience is that the Chairman steps in to provide the active, visible, reassuring, commanding leadership and to take control of the helm until a new CEO is appointed. What have we heard so far? Is it onoy this quote from the Manager who is looking to speak to 'someone'? Are Supporters now left to visualise the Manager knocking on a series of Directors' doors or making calls to Directors to ask - are you the one who is in control of the budget for player spending for next season? Who will be the 'someone' who calls the Manager to his office or calls him on the mobile to say 'we have offers for our current players 'x' and 'y' and we will be accepting the offers'?

I would very much like to see decisive, proper leadership coming from the Rangers Board and to see it immediately in the aftermath of removing CG. Whether or not that is possible is another matter. Will be very interested to see who visibly takes the helm and if he can set a decisive, authoritative, credible tone and do so quickly. Season tickets have to be sold, and the whole message of the plan that the Manager said he was working on has to be sold. And sold well. I really do hope the 'someone' is of a calibre that can grip the situation and inspire solid confidence that the Rising will continue at pace.

He was asked a question, would he need clarification of the budget agreed with the CEO, now that the CEO has left, and it turns into Ally seeking clarity, what else was he meant to say ?

there is not a chance in hell gretna's playing squad were on a combined 3.9million a year, mileson had money but he didnt have that amount ffs

they were stated as paying around £60,000 to £70,000 a week in wages by their administrators Wilson Field and this being the reason they were in trouble, they then shut with about £1.5m debt give or take. They were reported to have players on £80,000 plus a year each. Not sure how many players this covered or if they had a reserve side or not. Their Chairmen was stated by the press as having around £75m according to the old reliable Wikipedia although when he died there was about £1.5m in his will but his wife did manage to spend £800 000 cash on a house! He was found bankrupt after a guy who had loaned him £1.85m recalled the loan.

they were stated as paying around £60,000 to £70,000 a week in wages by their administrators Wilson Field and this being the reason they were in trouble, they then shut with about £1.5m debt give or take. They were reported to have players on £80,000 plus a year each. Not sure how many players this covered or if they had a reserve side or not. Their Chairmen was stated by the press as having around £75m according to the old reliable Wikipedia although when he died there was about £1.5m in his will but his wife did manage to spend £800 000 cash on a house! He was found bankrupt after a guy who had loaned him £1.85m recalled the loan.

Their wages will have been the whole club combined, granted not much support staff compared to us

According to this he is http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/football/ally-mccoist-to-stay-at-rangers-for-25-1190598 I just think it's unfair leaving him not knowing how much he will have to spend or whether he'll have a contract.

The Prospectus gives details of Ally's contract - 12 months notice from either party.

Never mind giving him more money for the squad, the wage bill needs to come DOWN, not up.

I don't think we need to spend a great deal of money to win the 2nd next year, Maybe he could bring in 5 trusted players on frees and develop the most promising youngsters we already have. A couple of more signings in January but what we don't need is a bunch of overpaid prima donna's thinking they're too good for the 2nd.

The training and coaching methods seem to be non-existent at the moment, so there's no point in throwing good money after bad as the saying goes until we sort out a few other things.

The Prospectus gives details of Ally's contract - 12 months notice from either party.

Never mind giving him more money for the squad, the wage bill needs to come DOWN, not up.

How do you do that though? I cant honestly believe that punting a few of the youngsters will make a dent, therefore it would have to be some of the older players; and that then leaves us with a squad of youngters.

Here's the clarity for ye Ally;

With what our team has cost, and is costing, if you can't get them to walk to the SPL while drastically improving our play to be representative of their cost, with our facilities and resources, then you are not a coach.

If you think that this team & coaching-staff's performance this season was acceptable then you are not a manager.

If you can't drastically reduce the costs of this team while still winning the Division made up of volunteer/part-time players,...then you are a financial liability.

Queen Of The FUCKING South played at a higher level this season, conceded less goals than us, scored more than us, never lost a game at home, their top goalscorer has 26 goals this season and they've won the Division at a canter while being part-time and only having a crowd backing of around a few thousand tops. Simply Ally we could sell off this team at a knock down rate, bring in everyone at QOTS on improved terms and aswell as making a profit on that deal, we'd fucking improve 10-fold!

Is that clear enough Ally or would you like me to explain how lack of a pre-season should not be affecting fitness levels, the ability to defend, passing, taking/defending-set-pieces and goals of PROFESSIONAL ATHELETES AND FOOTBALLERS against workies 9 months later?

Fuck me if this board continues with the direction the club is on just now not only will they not make a profit they'll be jumping ship when the Champs League pot doesn't cover expenditure.

Now now, you know Ally can do no wrong.

How dare you suggest otherwise?!

It was 10 and he never once said it was all for next season. That shit has been made up to have another dig

I don't know whether that shit has been made up to have another dig or not, but it is indeed shit.