Richard Wilson Sunday Herald interview with possible buyer.

haudthebus

not sure if thats right, i thought it was a registration embargo, so we could technically have bought a player at any time but just couldn't register them as a player until September 1st, am pretty sure we can still buy players

You can only register a player outwith the transfer window if he has been out of contract . To buy a contracted player ,we must register him during a window .

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can only register a player outwith the transfer window if he has been out of contract . To buy a contracted player ,we must register him during a window .

Correct - so basically, the coming transfer window is meaningless for us.

AND we must play anywhere between 5 & 8 games at the start of next season with the players we already have.

With Alexander leaving (unless we can persuade him to stay), we will be playing with reserve & junior keepers until Sept 1st.

PLUS all the other players currently at the club.

So, those who want a clear out - well it will be January at the earlies.

Richard's one of the few Journalists not in the pocket of Liewells, but neither is he jaundiced by partisan politics. His honest and fair reporting on everything is something his journalists peers could try to emulate, no "I don't believe it" they do will ever do that.

Richard's one of the few Journalists not in the pocket of Liewells, but neither is he jaundiced by partisan politics. His honest and fair reporting on everything is something his journalists peers could try to emulate, no "I don't believe it" they do will ever do that.

Spot on mate, the articles he has been writing the last few weeks have been spot on as to what has been happening at ibrox its refreshing reading.

not sure if thats right, i thought it was a registration embargo, so we could technically have bought a player at any time but just couldn't register them as a player until September 1st, am pretty sure we can still buy players

we can buy any player we want before sep 1st. As long as they are under 18.

Richard Wilson is a bear and there are not many about in the journalist circle.

See this annoys me....why does he have to be a bear? I dont know if he is or isnt but why cant he just be an impartial journalist who writes balanced articles? I appreciate balance, integrity and impartiality are rarities up here but fans are also very fickle when it comes to press articles....It is very easy to distinguish between fact and fiction yet some either choose not to or get caught up in all the innuendo and hearsay you tend to find in most rags.....

See this annoys me....why does he have to be a bear? I dont know if he is or isnt but why cant he just be an impartial journalist who writes balanced articles? I appreciate balance, integrity and impartiality are rarities up here but fans are also very fickle when it comes to press articles....It is very easy to distinguish between fact and fiction yet some either choose not to or get caught up in all the innuendo and hearsay you tend to find in most rags.....

Great point. I take Richard Wilson as a very good journalist, period.

You have to take into consideration that the players wages have to come out of the £10m as well.

e.g. £20k a week on a 3yr deal

= £1m a year x 3

= £3m

I know we won't be signing anybody on that kind of money but that's how quick it can get eaten up.

Do we know if it has been specifically said that the £10m is too cover the players full contracts? Surely not.

Also you example is pretty pointless is it not? That's like me saying £10m on buying Jelavic back....that's how quickly it can get eaten up.

Do we know if it has been specifically said that the £10m is too cover the players full contracts? Surely not.

Also you example is pretty pointless is it not? That's like me saying £10m on buying Jelavic back....that's how quickly it can get eaten up.

Did you fall out of the wrong side of bed this morning.

An example can be fictitious and used to illustrate a point.

Away back to your bed ya numpty.

Correct - so basically, the coming transfer window is meaningless for us.

AND we must play anywhere between 5 & 8 games at the start of next season with the players we already have.

With Alexander leaving (unless we can persuade him to stay), we will be playing with reserve & junior keepers until Sept 1st.

PLUS all the other players currently at the club.

So, those who want a clear out - well it will be January at the earlies.

Our current squad is easily good enough to romp the second division, with the right man in charge. (Even if we lose 4 or 5 players like NA)

We will just have to wait and see if McCoist is the right man.

I cant believe that people are happy at the concept of going back to a Minty type ownership. As a support are we only comfortable with forelock tugging to a sugar daddy?

I accept your point, however it looks very likely that is what going to happen whether we like it or not.

I get the joke, but I do believe it. This is the journalist we should pay attention to when it comes to Rangers. More often than not he is fair and balanced.

it was tongue in cheek, I too rate his reporting skills.

clearly we should starve them out and not buy season books :lol:

I prefer the taking to the barricades option- Les Miserables style, the flags contain the correct colours. Lets just hope we get a period of common sense and decency what ever happens. It would be great to put the last 2 years behind us and get on with the football- but that might be too revolutionary a concept.

I'm very sorry that what I said upset you but get a fucking life what he says is a bit more supportive to our club than those republicans like Guidi and Nuremberg Shug who spout pish about us so chill out he is a bear so deal with it

Go have another read at my post....there was no dig at you precious, it was in relation to sports journalism in this country and how someone needs to be a bear (perceived or otherwise) to print a fair/balanced article so perhaps you should take your own advice, get a life and stop being so defensive!

Have been told its Dave King.

He has also said in the past if he is to invest again it will be for a majority shareholding only.

Get him to fuck then, we don't want one man owning Rangers ever again. If dave king has "the best interests of the club" he would understand that.