Makes you wonder how Ally has even been able to appear to function normally

No I am not denying that but when you have a squad of 17 or 18 FIT players, you might find that these fit players do not form a starting 11 of players who can play in their preferred or best positions.

That is a valid reason, granted. But he still persists on playing Andy Little right wing and 1 upfront in games at Ibrox against utter shite. Those types of decisions are in-excusable, sadly.

No I am not denying that but when you have a squad of 17 or 18 FIT players, you might find that these fit players do not form a starting 11 of players who can play in their preferred or best positions.

What about playing strikers at right midfield when there are 2 right midfielders on the bench.

There is a book out there that you could read, before berating the guy over a decision he made as a young pup. It explains how he was advised against a move at that time of his career and how difficult it was for him.

It is easy to write stuff in books after the event.

He told people in EK that he was not signing for Rangers because he had "bigger fish to fry"

Would have to agree with you, Charles Green had sussed him out and his pals Ally didn't like it he thinks he's untouchable.

Some appear to have bought into the nae Ally nae Rangers school of thought, aka wee barry syndrome.

That is a valid reason, granted. But he still persists on playing Andy Little right wing and 1 upfront in games at Ibrox against utter shite. Those types of decisions are in-excusable, sadly.

None of us wish to see those kind of tactics at Ibrox but he is the manager and he obviously thought he had to do this to get the results. He won us the title, so we really cannot argue with that, surely?

"I don't really have a set position, I have played upfront, right-back and in midfield, but I feel I am more comfortable the further up the pitch I play."

—Little commenting on his preferred playing position in August 2011.[25]

Just so you know he often played right back for NI and the words above are his - he may have a preferred position but that does not make it his correct position - the manager has utilised him well and he scored a decent amount of goals while coming in from the right - how you can critisise Ally for that is beyond me

What about playing strikers at right midfield when there are 2 right midfielders on the bench.

It is easy to write stuff in books after the event.

He told people in EK that he was not signing for Rangers because he had "bigger fish to fry"

Aye and we should all go around and pan his windies on your say so?

Or maybe you are just talking shite :21:

You know for someone who was harping on about respect earlier, your starting to show your true colours. Can't debate without accusing someone of talking shite.

It's common knowledge McCoist knocked us back twice as a player. Someone will back me up soon enough.

What about the instance with McLeish and his media column I mentioned earlier?

Some appear to have bought into the nae Ally nae Rangers school of thought, aka wee barry syndrome.

Seems that way the Rangers support is divided due to Ally the Legend/ Person and Ally the Manager who is not cut out to manage Rangers imo... When Walter stated Ally was right man for the job i wonder what that was based on ...Loyalty to Ally or he seen him as a manager.... imo i stated at the time Ally should have gone and managed another team and learned the ropes and proved himself deem worthy to get the Rangers manager job. I wanted him to succeed i am behind him but the reality he is not manager material i hope he proves me wrong.

You know for someone who was harping on about respect earlier, your starting to show your true colours. Can't debate without accusing someone of talking shite.

It's common knowledge McCoist knocked us back twice as a player. Someone will back me up soon enough.

What about the instance with McLeish and his media column I mentioned earlier?

Noted the wee smiley? I said it in jest but just for info, I was talking about respecting the manager of my club - not someone on an online forum who I know nothing about. I shall respect you for as long as you deserve it but you and I are merely fans posting on a forum.

"I don't really have a set position, I have played upfront, right-back and in midfield, but I feel I am more comfortable the further up the pitch I play."

Little commenting on his preferred playing position in August 2011.[25]

Just so you know he often played right back for NI and the words above are his - he may have a preferred position but that does not make it his correct position - the manager has utilised him well and he scored a decent amount of goals while coming in from the right - how you can critisise Ally for that is beyond me

Hahahahahaha A quote from wikipedia

Do right backs generally wear No 9 and score goals.

It is easy to criticise Ally for playing Andy Little wide right for numerous reasons because we have McKay, Aird, Cole and Mitchell who can all play there.

So a young promising player who grows up supporting Rangers would knock back Rangers to sign for those giants of English football, Sunderland ??? because he did not think the time was right.

Oh right !

I just cannot imagine any Rangers fan I know knocking back Rangers

What is your point here exactly? That McCoist isn't a Rangers fan? If so then that is petty as fuck.

I don't doubt McCoist isn't/wasn't a Rangers fan. I don't think anyone can - regardless of what they think of him as a manager.

He obviously had his reasons for knocking us back a couple of times. We can disagree on the reasons tho.

Little has shown he has goals in him center forward. He might feel comfortable playing in every position, but that's not important. His best position is important.

the quote was his 'correct' position - I ask what is his 'correct' position ? to me, in the modern game, most squads have players that can do a great job in more than one position - like little - to many seem to think that players (goalkeepers excepted) only have one position they can play and should only play in that position and that is just nonsense