Makes you wonder how Ally has even been able to appear to function normally

I actually admire your loyalty and optimism too,

I just wonder what it will take for you to realise that Ally just does not have the capabilities to be a manager of a football team ?

He would be great on the panel of Sky Sports alongside Nicholas, Le Tissier, Thomson and Merson

If he fails to win the league in any of the next 2 seasons I will accept he is not the man for us. I do think he might need 2 seasons in the SPL to deliver that.

Now what criteria will you take to a accept he is a good manager?

Get us further than 2 rounds in a cup and have us doing the absolute basics on the pitch in terms of fitness and football.

Winning the league these next two years isn't a massive achievement - but still needs done.

If he fails to win the league in any of the next 2 seasons I will accept he is not the man for us. I do think he might need 2 seasons in the SPL to deliver that.

A decent reply once again.

Now to answer your question, I would like to see the following.

An improvement in the overall fitness of the squad, If that means afternoon sessions then so be it.

Fitness has always been a key aspect of being a Rangers player, dating back to Struth and Wallace,

A better shape to the team, I have no problem with a 4-5-1 as that is his preferred formation,

but I would like a better balance with 1 holding midfielder and the other 2 central players at least getting closer to the lone striker, in fact 1 of them should actually be getting beyond the lone striker.

I would like to see us play from the back and utilise our midfield, from back to mid we will have 10 players playing against 6.

10 full time fit proffessionals playing against 6 part time footballers, use that advantage instead of humping the ball over them.

Fitness and a full time training regime should be 1 of our biggest assests, Play the game at a tempo that part time players cannot live with.

Play pressure football against lesser opponents, force errors and don't let them settle.

Nurture the young players, don't criticise them when things go wrong, criticise players like McCulloch, Black, Shiels and Cribari who should be guiding these younsters through games.

Play players in their correct position where they are comfortable crossing and tackling.

Play Andy Little up front and get crosses into the box early.

Stick to managing the team and refuse to discuss boardroom issues.

Don't mention signing targets until they have signed.

I could go on and on, but you get my drift.

A decent reply once again.

Now to answer your question, I would like to see the following.

An improvement in the overall fitness of the squad, If that means afternoon sessions then so be it.

Fitness has always been a key aspect of being a Rangers player, dating back to Struth and Wallace,

A better shape to the team, I have no problem with a 4-5-1 as that is his preferred formation,

but I would like a better balance with 1 holding midfielder and the other 2 central players at least getting closer to the lone striker, in fact 1 of them should actually be getting beyond the lone striker.

I would like to see us play from the back and utilise our midfield, from back to mid we will have 10 players playing against 6.

10 full time fit proffessionals playing against 6 part time footballers, use that advantage instead of humping the ball over them.

Fitness and a full time training regime should be 1 of our biggest assests, Play the game at a tempo that part time players cannot live with.

Play pressure football against lesser opponents, force errors and don't let them settle.

Nurture the young players, don't criticise them when things go wrong, criticise players like McCulloch, Black, Shiels and Cribari who should be guiding these younsters through games.

Play players in their correct position where they are comfortable crossing and tackling.

Play Andy Little up front and get crosses into the box early.

Stick to managing the team and refuse to discuss boardroom issues.

Don't mention signing targets until they have signed.

I could go on and on, but you get my drift.

I assume you expect us to win the leagues as well!

I disagree about our players fitness - no issue with their fitness - also players in 'correct' positions is not one I have any real time for - who says little's c'correct' position is centre forward - he played right back often enough is that his ' correct' position? Also left and right 'wingers' are often effective on the opposite wing and cutting inside - I think the higher tempo, play through the midfield will happen but there is Also nothing wrong with getting the ball upfield quickly at times.

lots of good points on both side of the debate being made on this page (tu)

I agree with almost all of it on what I want to see over the next year or two.Winning the league is an absolute minimum, I would like to see us win by at least 20 points again. I also want a very good run in the ramsdens, and a couple of respectable runs in the other two cups.

I want the defense sorted out, and not leaking goals so much. And I want us playing a better style of football, more consistently than this year, (at times we have played very well, Motherwell for example). The team has it in them.

I would like to see more competition for places and Ally benching players who are not performing, and showing he will leave them out the team until they sort their game out.

If he can't deliver at least most of that next season, then I will have to accept he isn't cut out for the Rangers job.

I assume you expect us to win the leagues as well!

I disagree about our players fitness - no issue with their fitness - seriously ? so losing late goals in games against part timers does not worry you , do you honestly feel that our players look like F/T players playing against P/T players?

also players in 'correct' positions is not one I have any real time for - who says little's c'correct' position is centre forward - he played right back often enough is that his ' correct' position? How many times has he played right back ? I can only remember once. He is a striker, That is his most productive position, he scores goals, He has pace and he is strong in possession.

Also left and right 'wingers' are often effective on the opposite wing and cutting inside - So players with lightening pace like Aird and McKay and better cutting inside into congested areas by your reckoning, The full backs will like that too, Imagine being left for dead every time by a pacey winger ? Have you any idea how hard it is to tackle with your weaker foot on the wrong side of the pitch ?

I think the higher tempo, play through the midfield will happen but there is Also nothing wrong with getting the ball upfield quickly at times. I agree as long as the midfield gamble and support and attack the 2nd ball, we don't

lots of good points on both side of the debate being made on this page (tu)

I agree with almost all of it on what I want to see over the next year or two.Winning the league is an absolute minimum, I would like to see us win by at least 20 points again. I also want a very good run in the ramsdens, and a couple of respectable runs in the other two cups.

I want the defense sorted out, and not leaking goals so much. And I want us playing a better style of football, more consistently than this year, (at times we have played very well, Motherwell for example). The team has it in them.

I would like to see more competition for places and Ally benching players who are not performing, and showing he will leave them out the team until they sort their game out.

If he can't deliver at least most of that next season, then I will have to accept he isn't cut out for the Rangers job.

Winning the league is not even debatable, not winning the league with the players and resources would be an absolute disaster.

I would also expect to score more goals and amass more points that QOTS.

I don't think what you've asked for is asking too much mate.

Just watched SAF,thanking the fans for standing by him in the bad times,and asking them to stand by the new manager........And yet some cant stand by a Manager who has won the league by 24 points

You know fine well it's not as black and white as that.

Just watched SAF,thanking the fans for standing by him in the bad times,and asking them to stand by the new manager........And yet some cant stand by a Manager who has won the league by 24 points

I didn't know SAF was competing against part time teams and could not get past round 2 of any cup competition.

During SAF's bad times, did he lose to St Johnstone, Falkirk, Peterhead, Annan QOTS, Malmo, Maribor, Dundee Utd x2 and Stirling Albion ?

Are you seriously comparing Ally to SAF ?

Jesus Wept

bocanegra was a loan so thats pish. infact all that article is is more excuses for Ally and the same ones. sick of hearing them. fact is the squad he has has not improved under him in any way infact I think they have went backwards. now he wants 10 million for Div 2? Fuck right off

Not pish - the loan for Bocanegra released his wage and he is saying Temps came in on half those wages.

Personally I am sick of hearing so much pish being aimed at our manager from his so called support. The support is for Rangers and until he is sacked or walks away, Ally McCoist is Rangers.

Not pish - the loan for Bocanegra released his wage and he is saying Temps came in on half those wages.

Personally I am sick of hearing so much pish being aimed at our manager from his so called support. The support is for Rangers and until he is sacked or walks away, Ally McCoist is Rangers.

What pish are you hearing that is aimed at our manager? just so we are clear

That is silly as SAF had won a European Trophy before he even went there.

Ally McCoist is Rangers.

No he's not. This is border-line brainwashed shite. No man is bigger than the club or can be the club.

We are the club, the supporters - and the fact of the matter is now the majority of fans don't think he's got it - or ever will.

I think ally will end up like a Roy keane/Gareth southgate....if things don't improve and work out with us he will step away from management and go back to punditry...just can't see him managing another Scottish club and with respect I don't think any EPL team would want him (based on current form)...

I think ally will end up like a Roy keane/Gareth southgate....if things don't improve and work out with us he will step away from management and go back to punditry...just can't see him managing another Scottish club and with respect I don't think any EPL team would want him (based on current form)...

I think you might be right there, the more I think about it.

I didn't know SAF was competing against part time teams and could not get past round 2 of any cup competition.

During SAF's bad times, did he lose to St Johnstone, Falkirk, Peterhead, Annan QOTS, Malmo, Maribor, Dundee Utd x2 and Stirling Albion ?

Are you seriously comparing Ally to SAF ?

Jesus Wept

No just comparing some fans

That is silly as SAF had won a European Trophy before he even went there.

Also saf was competing on an even playing field and at times with a smaller budget....not in a part time league with a massive financial advantage! Something that seems to be lost on some....

I am not being derogatory here in any way,

But as I mentioned in an earlier post, Ally would be a stand out on Sky on a Saturday Afternoon beside Matt Le Tissier, Phil Thompson and Paul Merson he could take Nicholas's place because that guy is a tit.

I am old enough to have seen Ally when he first came as a player and heard many telling him to get to fuck.........were they right or wrong

I am old enough to remember Ally knocking back John Grieg and signing for Sunderland, Not the action you would expect from a dyed in the wool bluenose, is it ?

I