Charlton release Salim Kerkar

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell me you guys that want him back are at the wind up.Is this what we`ve come to? A truly awful player.

Scored for fun up here in Scotland, His 1 in 4 goal scoring ratio was better than Barry Ferguson's, and his goal tally at Rangers was only one less than his compatriot and World Cup Winner Stephane Guivarch's. Statitistics don't lie. :pipe:

Id take him back tbh. He wasnt anywhere near as bad as some made out.

He had a good cross in him and could beat a player or two on the wing.

So did JC but he couldnae play fitba' :pipe:

I feel for the boy, still says good things about us yet constanty gets the pish ripped out of him. Lay off.

There were a lot of posters on here who agreed at the time that they had been wrong about him, and that Salim was actually starting to do well for us.

I guess he never got past being "boogies pal" for some people.

Like I said, he wasn't brilliant, but he could beat a man and whip in a good cross, he seemed to actually like taking players on. That is something that is currently seriously lacking in our team.

His wage demands would not be high I would imagine, and he is used to playing lower league football, IIRC we signed him from the french second division.

Not saying I would make Salim Kerkar my number 1 target :lol: but IMO he would do a job for us and be a decent squad player, which is something else we are seriously lacking in right now.

again, dont think looking to our past is the way forward (see what I did there? :7325: )

I honestly think central midfield and defence is priority and the likes of gomis and arfield would be excellent midfield additions, both familar with scottish football, both decent age that could help us back to the top.

Salim was never good enough for the squad other than the odd bit part, and I dont see why we should be looking to him when we have some many youngsters coming through in wide positions like mckay, aird, stoney, walsh, along with temps and shiels