Andy little

nonsense, whittaker was a far better player than mcmillan, if Little, Clark, Daly, Miller or anybody else wants to play for Rangers they have to prove they're good enough to the manager, nobody should be afforded a starting place based on reputation or salary

Whittaker was afforded a place based on reputation and salary that's what I'm saying. It made no difference that he was absolute shit he was still getting picked. How can guys like McMillan, or any youngster, prove themself from the bench? Advocaat used to say 'if you play well you keep the Jersey' - too right.

Andy Little being shite playing from the right is a myth.

so true - a big whack of the goals he scored came when he was player on the right - also 442 is starting to look like an old fashioned formation but many are fixated on that

so true - a big whack of the goals he scored came when he was player on the right - also 442 is starting to look like an old fashioned formation but many are fixated on that

That's bullshit, we've been through this before. Little scored very few goals from the right wing. He scored most of them through the middle.

That's bullshit, we've been through this before. Little scored very few goals from the right wing. He scored most of them through the middle.

(tu)

He is FAR FAR less effective when he is played on the wing.

Why we persist in it is a fucking joke.

Little will be pushed out wide if Daly and Clark sign.

Barrie McKay will fall further down the pecking order because he doesn't work back to defend constantly. I sit behind the dugouts at Ibrox and Ally gives McKay non-stop grief for it. I see Little being first choice right-midfielder and McKay will need to make do as a sub.

Hard work over talent.

We'll be playing in 4 competitions next season, and the one after that, mostly on bumpy pitches against prehistoric cloggers. We will need as much cover as we can get.

I actually find that the pitches in the lower leagues are a bit better than a lot of the SPL ones. The full four sides of stands you get in the top league tends to create a microclimate within the ground, whereas the smaller, more open parks let more sunlight in.

A moot point, but just something I'd noticed on my travels this season.

Whittaker was afforded a place based on reputation and salary that's what I'm saying. It made no difference that he was absolute shit he was still getting picked. How can guys like McMillan, or any youngster, prove themself from the bench? Advocaat used to say 'if you play well you keep the Jersey' - too right.

I would strongly disagree, whittaker was the best right back at the club at the time, how you can say mcmillan was a better player is beyond me, don't think he even made half a dozen appearances for us so not sure what you're basing that on, youngsters can prove themselves very easily, by performing in the youth teams and working hard in training every day

I would strongly disagree, whittaker was the best right back at the club at the time, how you can say mcmillan was a better player is beyond me, don't think he even made half a dozen appearances for us so not sure what you're basing that on, youngsters can prove themselves very easily, by performing in the youth teams and working hard in training every day

I never said McMillan is a better player than Whittaker. I said Whittaker was shite last year before he got injured. While Whittaker was injured McMillan came in and was playing better defensivley than Whittaker had all season. Rather than keep McMillan in the team and reward his good performances Ally hooked him as soon as Whittaker was fit again. What's the motivation for players to come in and do well if they've no chance of keeping their spot?

sooner that mcculloch was a holidng midfielder. he's better than what we've got (not wallace obviously) at the back but he's no defender.

McCulloch is a unique player in that he can play defense, midfield or forward, this gives plenty of scope to claim he is being played out of position.

Thought he did not to bad defensively, but suppose you have to look at what you are comparing him to.

Edit: Not a claim that McCulloch is unique, just that he gives a unique opportunity to certain Rangers Fans.

I have never thought one up front was a good move from any team. It hardly ever works, you manage to get the ball up here and the person alone, is just that alone and can often struggle to keep the ball or score alone. It can work but I always think that two is better.

I will be very disapointed if Little who has stayed and been great this season, a real rangers ulsterman, has to move aside for Daly, someone like 10years older not happy.

Perhaps keep Little playing and Daly can sit on the bench, used as a sub, if needed. He is too slow to be our main striker.

Not sure why we signed Clark, as little is a very very similar player and has shown he can score at this level. Hope Andy doesn't get frozen out the side/wide to accommodate him..

40 goals in a higher division give you a clue?