Social Media has damaged our club

JamieG54

The world has changed especially the last 4/5 years. Facebook twitter blogs are all seen by the vast majority of people now- 10 years ago who used to read journalists movements etc. The only rumours you seen were IN the papers. Now we have rumour websites 24/7.

Without dragging on since the Whyte takeover we have suffered from mystery tim bloggers, journalists tweeting rumour after rumour. Even Regan was on twitter saying stuff. Now we have youtube videos of Murray drunk. 10 years ago we probably had directors of all clubs pissed but nobody would bother and no evidence would be about bar a sighting in the street- now its all video phones and upload in 30 secs. Imran alledgedly using RM to put info out. Players putting daft stuff up on twitter. No wonder Walter banned it- we ended up winning the league that year too.

I sound old slagging off social media im only 25 but this and other incidents iv missed have ruined our club these past years. It will get worse unfortunately.

Social media hasn't damaged our club. What has damaged the club was the fact that our enemies have been organising and executing their plans for years while we were busy calling them paranoid. Paranoid they may well have been, but they've taken us to the cleaners in their use of the electronic media. From the use of web sites to rumour and scare mongering they have achieved almost all of their goals with one main failure, the club is still there. The real sad thing was and to some extent still is that there is an element of our own support that still denies that this has gone on for the fear that they may be called paranoid by the other side.

Slowly but surely we are starting to catch up with some excellent bloggers of our own, but we are still some ways behind. We need to dig up every bit of dirt on the dodgy land deals and conflicts of interest that have been used to help smooth their path. We need to find out who is publishing what, and who within the courts, HMRC and anywhere else is providing their bloggers with information and out them to the authorities and keep up the pressure on the till they get them into court and secure convictions. This will only happen if we work together and create a database of information to be used as solid proof, not just suspicions.

Social media hasn't damaged our club. What has damaged the club was the fact that our enemies have been organising and executing their plans for years while we were busy calling them paranoid. Paranoid they may well have been, but they've taken us to the cleaners in their use of the electronic media. From the use of web sites to rumour and scare mongering they have achieved almost all of their goals with one main failure, the club is still there. The real sad thing was and to some extent still is that there is an element of our own support that still denies that this has gone on for the fear that they may be called paranoid by the other side.

Slowly but surely we are starting to catch up with some excellent bloggers of our own, but we are still some ways behind. We need to dig up every bit of dirt on the dodgy land deals and conflicts of interest that have been used to help smooth their path. We need to find out who is publishing what, and who within the courts, HMRC and anywhere else is providing their bloggers with information and out them to the authorities and keep up the pressure on the till they get them into court and secure convictions. This will only happen if we work together and create a database of information to be used as solid proof, not just suspicions.

Land deals? Surly the child abuse they cover up to jail the fuckers would be far more beneficial to get convictions? Fuck land deals...get the paedo's jailed!

Social media has destroyed alot more than our club! People dont even talk anymore they talk text each other on Facebook

Get rid of Facebook life improves again!

There is some logic in that mate....society in general is worth off as a result of social media as people don't develop the same social skills they did in the past, with everything documented online people are judged by rumour and suggestion which grows and grows....

Twitter is the breeding ground for do much hate and bile and gives any moron a platform to create trouble in all walks of life behind their anonymous safety net.....the Tims have used social media very well over the last few years to damage our club and create scandals, rumours and hysteria....people are branded and guilt is accepted because some wee prick online says so....sorry not for me...

It works both ways though as there is alot of positive things yet distinguishing between the two or only accepting the stuff you like or suits you is just as much of a problem as spouting it in the first place....

Social media is all that is wrong with the world these days. Ok, maybe not all but 80-90%. I mean you can even order a pizza online - not social networking but still. I mean what happened to simply phoning?

I hate the modern world and particularly what the world has become in the last 5 years.

Yes! He speaks the Truth :matron:

trouble is, it's not just our club, its society in general and no one really realises :(

sadly the idiots are no longer sat in the corner talking to themselves,

they now have a tool allowing their voice to be heard and attract other idiots

Land deals? Surly the child abuse they cover up to jail the fuckers would be far more beneficial to get convictions? Fuck land deals...get the paedo's jailed!

The only people who can do that are those who were either abused or by the abusers themselves confessing to what they did and if anybody at their club was actively involved in silencing people. Neither of the two will happen.

With the dealings to do with land and the GCC and who voted for what there is a trail that can be traced either through what was documented in the newspapers and what can be accessed through the freedom of information act. There will also be records of who held which office within any companies and so on an this should also be applied to the who setup of the development for the Commonwealth games sites. I don't see why there would be any objection to these things being scrutinised unless there was something dodgy going on.

There is one more angle to go after them and that is tax. We need to find out whether or not their main men are using tax schemes to reduce their liabilities. The schemes may be legal, but they were the ones to start talking about the "morality" of using them once they realised the BTC was going against them. This should not only include looking at the individuals, but also any companies that they have ownership or a large share holding in.

Social media has destroyed alot more than our club! People dont even talk anymore they talk text each other on Facebook

Get rid of Facebook life improves again!

This!

Facebook/social media is detrimental to society. Ban it!

The morally corrupt have done the damage to our club. Social Media is just a tool for information to be spread quickly. Social Media can be a fantastic tool to spread information to a broad spectrum of people. If those in charge were not complete cocks then there would be nothing to be sent on twitter / facebook or whatever...

Guest Andypendek

On the other hand, if we weren't a total shambles there would be only so much damage social media could do to us. Self inflicted wounds, to a large extent.

Good points raised by the Educator that we are too busy slagging them off and all that time they have become a collective with some intelligence pulling the strings. Andy is also correct that a lot is self inflicted, don't give them the ammunition and they can't fire the gun. Has anyone here raised an FOI for the land deal?

We just have to get a bit more savvy. The power of the Internet to get information out into the public domain quickly is unparalleled. We need to adapt - and quickly. Perception is everything on the net.

Additionally, we underestimated the hatred against our club. That wont happen again.

I agree that social media has played a huge part in the mess we've ended up in. There was always going to be a huge interest in any scandal concerning Rangers but the platform for so many of our enemies that social media provided made it easy to spread their agendas.

The irony of this being voiced by a guy posting his opinions on RangersMedia. :lol:

True. I love TV programs telling me how TV manipulates your life, I think it's Charlie Riddock!!! that front "How TV Ruined Your Life". I watch it on iPlayer as I don't have a TV, because I believe the reasoning of that program.

It's a personal choice in most people cases and as I'm not on Facebood, Twitter and RM is the only social site I go on, everybody else has the choice on whether to go on these things also.

I think these blogs and other sites are important to journos as it's their industry that is under threat from these sites, and they are a pretty lazy brainless bunch, so they just 'borrow' these stories.

I'd say it's more unelected power mongers that are ruining our club rather than mere opinion.

After all, we all know nobody likes us, do we really care?

How did the Donald Findlay video get out pre social media?

Didn't people use text messaging services YEARS before Facebook existed?

What has harmed the club is people who are much less intelligent than the think pontificating over things they have very limited knowledge.