Maybe we have more money and better cash flow than the media and tims think

Whatever the wage bill (and remember there has been a trimming of backroom staff too) I firmly believe we will need to get very good season ticket sales matching or bettering last season in order to make sure that the bank balance for running Rangers remains healthy and sustainable and that it increases. So I'm sure there will be a clarion call from the Board about season ticket sales. I remain to be convinced about whether any of them have the leadership 'get out there and sell it' style that Charles Green has though. Relying on media interviews and appearances on RTV and messages on the Rangers website and emails to ST holders are all very well but there is nothing quite like getting your sleeves rolled up and getting your Directors' shoes out there on the ground and in the Supporters clubs to put the message across. It would not be wise to simply assume that those who bought STs last year will automatically do so again. Most will - including me - but some real work may need to be done to get the numbers to 38000 and above and in any event the Board should be looking to sell more than 38000.

Secondly, I still firmly believe it will take serious money to be more than competitive when we get back to the top league and the sooner we generate the sort of funds needed for that level of competitiveness the better. An increasing year on year surplus very healthy surplus would be a damn powerful way of showing the football world in Scotland that we are after them and are more than deadly serious about restoring our postion at the very top of the game. So when the Board has finished all of the leaks and stuff maybe it could settle down to doing its job of running Rangers as an exemplary Board and to getting out there and generating as much money as possible.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever the wage bill (and remember there has been a trimming of backroom staff too) I firmly believe we will need to get very good season ticket sales matching or bettering last season in order to make sure that the bank balance for running Rangers remains healthy and sustainable and that it increases. So I'm sure there will be a clarion call from the Board about season ticket sales. I remain to be convinced about whether any of them have the leadership 'get out there and sell it' style that Charles Green has though. Relying on media interviews and appearances on RTV and messages on the Rangers website and emails to ST holders are all very well but there is nothing quite like getting your sleeves rolled up and getting your Directors' shoes out there on the ground and in the Supporters clubs to put the message across. It would not be wise to simply assume that those who bought STs last year will automatically do so again. Most will - including me - but some real work may need to be done to get the numbers to 38000 and above and in any event the Board should be looking to sell more than 38000.

Secondly, I still firmly believe it will take serious money to be more than competitive when we get back to the top league and the sooner we generate the sort of funds needed for that level of competitiveness the better. An increasing year on year surplus very healthy surplus would be a damn powerful way of showing the football world in Scotland that we are after them and are more than deadly serious about restoring our postion at the very top of the game. So when the Board has finished all of the leaks and stuff maybe it could settle down to doing its job of running Rangers as an exemplary Board and to getting out there and generating as much money as possible.

I dont see any one of them taking fucking trays of tea out and bouncing up and down the cues selling the club.

Im renewing anyway, so fuck it, until a time comes when buying a season book takes food off my table then I'll never need to be sold on renewing.

We lost money in the first six months because the company was only 6 months old. We made a pre tax profit ffs. No-one says that selling players will cover the wage bill but if its 10 million or less its well covered by season book money and other ticket sales......and that's before you even start factoring in other income the club has. We're fine mate. Relax.

I'm not saying we're not 'fine', I'd just prefer to run the Club differently. Planning on spending 10k a week on the likes of Sandaza was a fucking shock. Now I just think we're wasting money that can be best spent on something we could maybe see a return on.

No the press spun the loss we'd made over the first 6 months as being the equivelant of losing a million a month.

They never mentioned the footballing debts that were settled, or the month worth of wages we payed the 25 odd players that left. Strange that.

It didn't include the football debts according to Neil Paty but your right about the rest mate

Funny how the fact that Paty also said the figures are encouraging is overlooked

I'm not saying we're not 'fine', I'd just prefer to run the Club differently. Planning on spending 10k a week on the likes of Sandaza was a fucking shock. Now I just think we're wasting money that can be best spent on something we could maybe see a return on.

Tbf he wouldn't have seen that wage until we were in the top flight again and they (McCoist and Green) were probably banking on him being worth it. Canny get them all right. Look at the deal Whittaker got only weeks after some silly cunts offered us 2 million for him.

As for spending money right now.......we are not paying these players now, that would be against the rules, they wont start recieving a salary from us until September.

It didn't include the football debts according to Neil Paty but your right about the rest mate

Funny how the fact that Paty also said the figures are encouraging is overlooked

Are you sure? I know there was some confusion around that issue but I thought it was settled. As you say his positivity was overlooked, unsurprisingly. I think our finances were going to parrallel the actual team on the park anyway, start off poor but gradually get to a point over the next 2 or 3 years that is much better than they have been in years.

Cammy bell on 8k a week and Daly supposedly on 7k a week.

source?

I can not see them getting any deal better than Sandaza got. They might eventually rise to that amount as we climb the leagues, but i cant imagine we are paying any new signings more than 5k per week.

can see where you come from there about selling the tickets 38k is about right though when you consider they have to leave out the away section and keep some available for those who cant afford a season ticket and have to pick games to go to so at most I think they could sell season ticket wise is about 40k

source?

I can not see them getting any deal better than Sandaza got. They might eventually rise to that amount as we climb the leagues, but i cant imagine we are paying any new signings more than 5k per week.

Kilmarnock New goalie and not the Spanish 1 as my Spanish is coral.

Wait a minute....mad phil, Keith Jackson and anonymous loonies on twitter don't have inside info on our finances....well my world has just turned upside down.....

As always until full accounts are printed nobody knows how our finances are shaking up....doesn't stop the loonies obsessing over it mind you....most important thing to remember is to not overreact to every story or rumour as 90% of it will be agenda driven bullshit....

quite right

It just could be that there isn't as much control on the finances as there should be...

Anything is possible but there has been nothing I've seen to make me believe its happening.

Maybe we have more money than any of us even know and thats why we are given out these seemingly over inflated contracts....

See, I can do it as well.

The way i see it is Stockbridge basically sets the budget.

Mather ultimately determines how that budget is split.

Right now he has delivered every target that Ally has (naively/stupidly/arrogantly) went public on.

So long as that is within said budget then Mather has played a very quiet, solid blinder.

The 'suits' have delivered. Very early.

Time for the football side to do likewise.