Come back Charles Green

I think mathers is doing a good job to be honest....I like green and appreciate everything he did for us but his nature and character would create more uncertainty and negative pr within the media....what we need at the moment is some stability and calm to concentrate on the football side of things....

100 % this - delivering shareholder value is fairly simple - get back to the top of the tree - stop the in fighting and move on - a period of stability to concentrate on football would be on all our interests

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Green cannot sell any shares until December. He may allocate his proxy to Easdale, but that is it.

Green didn't buy his in the IPO. Therefore his lock-in expires in 11 hours.

Let me enlightening you all with a story last summer inside Hampden when Charles Green was prepared to negotiate our titles being stripped. McCoist left that room in a fury and threatened to walk out of the club unless Green followed him out of the room. The two had a private conversation in the corridors and when they both re-entered Green changed his mind.

That comes from someone I know personally that was in that room when all that happened.

That story will come out one day and you heard it here first!

No, I think he just wants out with a profit.

The guys 60, he doesn't need the hassle when he can retire to France already.

Green was in it to make money and he has. Made an arse of himself and the club and looks like he will sell shares to the Easdales.

Bye then.

What kind of profit does he stand to walk away with just now?

What kind of profit does he stand to walk away with just now?

Didn't he buy 5 million shares at 1p? When he does sell his shares he will be making a very healthy profit. Unsure what the share price will be when he sells so can't give an accurate profit figure.

His big mouth was an embarrassment towards the end but maybe that was intentional.

The Rangers supporters won't accept Charles Green back in any capacity, the UB.

They never said that.

Rangers Board, The Union Bears would like to make clear that we unequivocally back Walter Smith’s position on the club’s board of directors. Furthermore we will stand firmly behind anyone else that Walter Smith believes is working on the board in the best interests of our football club. We’d also like to clarify that we would oppose the return of Charles Green to our football club in any capacity. If Walter Smith or any of the those referenced above are forcibly removed from the board of directors we will have no option but to consider our options for the season ahead. Union Bears No Surrender

http://www.therst.co.uk/walter-must-stay-on-the-board/

The Rangers supporters won't accept Charles Green back in any capacity, the UB.

Yet, the majority of us actually want him back.

This forum seems to be very much a minority view.

With walter as chairman and green back as ceo we'd surely have the best of both worlds, with smiths love of the club and greens business sense,

Surely it couldnt go wrong

I agree fully with this :thumbup: Walter could introduce Charles to cardigans and brogues and Charles could show Walter how to wear a suit for a year and not need it replacing :D seriously though it would be a amazing combination but would either Walter or Charles want it? I got the impression they didnt see eye to eye on alot especialy when it came to Ally, Kenny and Ian's jobs.

With walter as chairman and green back as ceo we'd surely have the best of both worlds, with smiths love of the club and greens business sense,

Surely it couldnt go wrong

I agree fully with this :thumbup: Walter could introduce Charles to cardigans and brogues and Charles could show Walter how to wear a suit for a year and not need it replacing :D seriously though it would be a amazing combination but would either Walter or Charles want it? I got the impression they didnt see eye to eye on alot especialy when it came to Ally, Kenny and Ian's jobs.

Done a survey of our fan base have you?

Has the guy who claimed the majority of the support want him back?

I know you're Charles Green's biggest fan, drop the snidey attitude. You sound like a public schoolboy.

Green wasn't going to get rid of McCoist it was just McDowell and Durrant. Weather McCoist would have stayed though if they did get sacked is another matter.

Green wanted more experienced people in to help McCoist out.

Durrant was a reserve coach at Rangers and McDowell was in charge of Celtic's youth team before coming to us.

So i agree with Charles Green on that one.

He cant sell his shares till December as hes locked in to them till then.

He's locked in for another nine hours.

Green didn't buy his shares in Decembers IPO, so he's not locked in until this December.