Come back Charles Green

Puzzled by the clamor for C.Green to "return" ?

He was part of a deal that would have seen the guy responsible for the Administration of our club once again being its owner - IF Green hadn't "shafted" whyte

He was given the Club and all her assets for a pittance - Including the SPL "Prize Money" which he then surrendered in the 5 way agreement.

He then set out to basically make money for him and his investors,(no problem with this by the way)

He gave out some nice sound-bites but was deafeningly silent when he should have been shouting loudest ie "Big Tax Case" - biggest reason for our demise and biggest stick used by our enemies and he said NOTHING, NO demands for inquiries regarding leaks, NO demands for apologies over the numerous "Cheats", "Crooks" and "Hospitals and Nurses" jibes that filled the mhedia outlets

Then the LNS verdict, again NOTHING, no calling out the celtc cabal at the heart of the "investigation", no backlash against the once more bitter and bigoted Mhedia ?

And not ONCE did he call for the removal of the two guys at the top of the tree responsible and in charge when all these matters were being orchestrated against the Club.

The things C.Green did well was to raise money through the IPA, to arrange deals with Puma and Blackthorn (values and terms unknown), and to give the mhedia just enough to grab a headline.

His time has been and gone, he did a job for him and his initial investors, ALL of which will leave the Club with far greater wads of cash than they brought in !

So for me, thanks for your part in our recovery and cheerio.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

id love charles to come back and bump smith and mccoist

build additional revenue streams

hire a progressive management team

and thereby increase the vale of his shareholding

alas, it appears, he is settling for getting out asap

id imagine the share price under the "rangers men" will soon be plummeting to the 30's

all the whilst we will be "lying down and grunting" to fat pedro's tune

happy days!

Consider the fact that Charles offered Walter the position of Chairman, what does that do to your opening statement.

That would be an acceptable compromise to me too.

Would like to still see Mather have a roll somewhere though as I don't think he's done too bad a job since coming in. He's certainly ambitious by the signings he's bank-rolled for the manager.

That would be an acceptable compromise to me too.

Would like to still see Mather have a roll somewhere though as I don't think he's done too bad a job since coming in. He's certainly ambitious by the signings he's bank-rolled for the manager.

Well he was working at Murray Park before, not that we heard much about his role.

So, let me get this right. Murray has been leaking info to people and we all wanted shot of him. Green and his camp have been doing the same and we are falling over ourselves for him to come back.

Fair points. It's also hard to see how any company could have a CEO who had made the comments Green did, about Imran Ahmad and "Darkie" Johnson. As soon as that interview came out, his position was untenable.

Fair points. It's also hard to see how any company could have a CEO who had made the comments Green did, about Imran Ahmad and "Darkie" Johnson. As soon as that interview came out, his position was untenable.

I don't feel it was untenable after those comments. They were unfortunate and at best pretty stupid but it wasn't enough for him to go imo. The continued leaking of information by him and his 'paki friend' made his position untenable and made any subsequent attempt to return to the board impossible.

Green leaves in eleven hours from the board of RFC, and sells his shares to James Easdale.

He isn't interested anymore. He's washed his hands of it.

Am I the only one who finds it odd he had agreed to sell up long before the result of any investigation?

I like CG and I liked his style although he perhaps got a wee bit carried away latterly.The main thing i felt was he was prepared to stand toe to toe with our enemies.The jury is out on Mathers he may be every bit as effective as CG but with a different approach, and personally I prefer the quieter way with only the results being announced after whatever is signed and sealed (the way it used to be!),

One thing I do hope is that our board representatives make it plain that Rangers are no longer going to take shit from the SPL or the SFA and if this is done in a locked board room away from the press fine I can live with that, i dont for one moment imagine Walter will be pushed around but he is a football legend not a business man.

I think we can move on without CG and one thing the board must remember is the fans of this club saved it and they not the shareholders ultimately hold the balance of power, and they would be wise to consider this before making any descisions as far as the club is concerned.

no surrender

Green leaves in eleven hours from the board of RFC, and sells his shares to James Easdale.

He isn't interested anymore. He's washed his hands of it.

Green cannot sell any shares until December. He may allocate his proxy to Easdale, but that is it.

I like CG and I liked his style although he perhaps got a wee bit carried away latterly.The main thing i felt was he was prepared to stand toe to toe with our enemies.The jury is out on Mathers he may be every bit as effective as CG but with a different approach, and personally I prefer the quieter way with only the results being announced after whatever is signed and sealed (the way it used to be!),

One thing I do hope is that our board representatives make it plain that Rangers are no longer going to take shit from the SPL or the SFA and if this is done in a locked board room away from the press fine I can live with that, i dont for one moment imagine Walter will be pushed around but he is a football legend not a business man.

I think we can move on without CG and one thing the board must remember is the fans of this club saved it and they not the shareholders ultimately hold the balance of power, and they would be wise to consider this before making any descisions as far as the club is concerned.

no surrender

No he wasn't. His silence on Lawwell was deafening.

no surrender

Aye awright Rab.

eh?

It doesn't change my opening statement.

I am telling you what i would like to happen not what will happen.

Fair enough, I'd like us to win the SPL and the Champions league next season, oh and the two cups as well.

Am I the only one who finds it odd he had agreed to sell up long before the result of any investigation?

No, I think he just wants out with a profit.

The guys 60, he doesn't need the hassle when he can retire to France already.