Our manager's salary, who was right?

thehost

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The difference in how we conduct our scouting and our transfers has been quite embarrassing in comparison to them as much as it pains me to say. We need to bring in young, cheap talent and sell it on 2 years down the line for a hefty profit, our current business model simply isn't sustainable.

Their scouting and transfers aren't half as good as people on here give them praise for. They have made about 50 signings in recent times, how many of them have been a huge success or went on to make them millions?

Juarez, Marc Antoine Fortune, Hooiveld, Bangura. There is about £10m+ spent on they diddys right away. The wages for Kapo, Ljungberg? The loans for Keane & Bellamy.

Our net spend in the last 6 years is much less than theirs and we lost McGregor, Naismith, Ness, Whittaker, Lafferty for nothing, Davis, Fleck, McCabe for very little or a future transfer percentage, Edu for a small percentage of his probable value.

Yet according to some of our own fans our transfer dealings for years have been shite while theirs is some great business model? Facts suggest otherwise.

15k a week to manage Rangers

Less than a few of the players I would guess.

Football is crackers 75k a week for Charlie Adam, 300k a week for Messi.

So Ally gets a good whack but then worked for nowt for 3 months.

Good luck to him, which one of us would have turned that contract down?

Their scouting and transfers aren't half as good as people on here give them praise for. They have made about 50 signings in recent times, how many of them have been a huge success or went on to make them millions?

Juarez, Marc Antoine Fortune, Hooiveld, Bangura. There is about £10m+ spent on they diddys right away. The wages for Kapo, Ljungberg? The loans for Keane & Bellamy.

Our net spend in the last 6 years is much less than theirs and we lost McGregor, Naismith, Ness, Whittaker, Lafferty for nothing, Davis, Fleck, McCabe for very little or a future transfer percentage, Edu for a small percentage of his probable value.

Yet according to some of our own fans our transfer dealings for years have been shite while theirs is some great business model? Facts suggest otherwise.

I'm talking in the last year or two though. Agreed they have signed some diddies like Ljunberg and Bangura but I can't remember the last time we signed a young guy no one had heard of for about a million quid and then got a year or two out of them and then sent them on for 3-4 times what we paid for him. 3 million on Edu and 3.5 million for Lafferty is not on either. I don't think their business model is perfect at all, but it's significantly better than ours and that pisses me off. That said, I'm quite happy with how we're doing in the transfer department just now, two solid centre halves and ill be delighted.

About 2500 fans full season ticket money goes to Ally if £750,000 is accurate. That is pretty disgusting. At the same time though, sacking him would cost a fortune in addition to the cost of bringing in a new manager. For that reason, and the fact that he deserves at least another season, we should grin and bear it.

About 2500 fans full season ticket money goes to Ally if £750,000 is accurate. That is pretty disgusting. At the same time though, sacking him would cost a fortune in addition to the cost of bringing in a new manager. For that reason, and the fact that he deserves at least another season, we should grin and bear it.

It all appears to be accurate at least there has been no denial, our fiscal policy appears not to apply to executive or management level or even some players, the board failing to act on these overspends is nothing short of scandalous.

McCoist also got a cool £1m in shares, Ally has became a very wealthy man since all our troubles, does he deserve it? That's for others to say. I have been far from impressed by him as manager and if he does not do better this season and we sack him then he will get another barrow load of money. I would like the manager and backlog staff to renegotiate their contracts and work at a greatly reduced salary until we are in the spl. They have all become very wealthy men out of us and it would give us something back and make our bond stronger going into the coming season. I know they were given the contracts but it would be a nice touch.