Our manager's salary, who was right?

thehost

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£750k is fucking ridiculous for any manager in Scotland, let alone 3rd division. If we were getting in some sort of tactical genius who was an absolute cut above then maybe in the Champs League times, but this is just another total joke on the balance sheet. It's like a permanently dripping tap.

Money that doesn't need to be spent in Div3/2/1 should be saved for hitting the SPL. I cannot understand the salaries of some of the "big" players on the books who made such a hash of it last season.

Madness paying that amount of money to a manager in 3rd/2nd division. Obviously due to needing ST sales last year, as has been said great Rangers men!!

Green said it was outrageously high when Green first came (albeit privately, but apparently that wascone of the reasons for the apparent falk out between McCoist and Green at the beginning)

It would've been suicide to get rid of Ally at the beginning of last season.

Anyway, back on topic.

The management team are taking ovet £1,000,000 between them per year which is way to much, going by that, I would say tge rumours about Green telling Ally to get rid of them to save his job could be true.

Anyway, if Ally can't cut it in the spl, that's going to be £ 3,000,000 down the drain purely on Ally failing. (I'm not saying he will fail btw)

Anyway, if Ally can't cut it in the spl, that's going to be £ 3,000,000 down the drain purely on Ally failing. (I'm not saying he will fail btw)

I see what you're saying but managers of top clubs all get paid high wages. Look at any big business and you can probably say 'if he doesn't perform we're down x huge amount of money'

Sadly the way of the world at the moment seems to be to pay the top people significantly high wages with no performance targets.

For the record Ally in my opinion is more than earning his wage and some of the comments on here about him are at times distasteful (tu)

£750k is fucking ridiculous for any manager in Scotland, let alone 3rd division. If we were getting in some sort of tactical genius who was an absolute cut above then maybe in the Champs League times, but this is just another total joke on the balance sheet. It's like a permanently dripping tap.

Money that doesn't need to be spent in Div3/2/1 should be saved for hitting the SPL. I cannot understand the salaries of some of the "big" players on the books who made such a hash of it last season.

You are the "dripping tap".

"Hash of it" ?

You are the "dripping tap".

"Hash of it" ?

Last season was a fucking abomination considering the opposition. Shit football, no tactics, scraping wins. Needs must and we got promotion but it was DIV3 FFS. It was painful to watch for the greater part of the season.

No, it would be £3m minus what it would cost us to employ someone else to do the job.

Which would likely be the vast majority - if not more - than Ally's salary.

I see what you're saying but managers of top clubs all get paid high wages. Look at any big business and you can probably say 'if he doesn't perform we're down x huge amount of money'

Sadly the way of the world at the moment seems to be to pay the top people significantly high wages with no performance targets.

For the record Ally in my opinion is more than earning his wage and some of the comments on here about him are at times distasteful (tu)

Who agrees with this? Anyone?

Ally deserves it all for me a have watched a lot a shite prob more often than not at ibrox this season but it was always gonna be a knew there wud be lows but a got confidence in ally and the team, where wud we have been without him last year, frightening to think it cuda been worse than it was but a really think it would have been!

It is what it is, or is our Ally-hater in chief saying that he would lay off if the manager was getting paid £50k?

Only 50k?!! How's he suppose to live off that. No more ivory back scratchers for oor Ally. :(

I suppose he could always sell all those Rangers shares, he bought for his family, to make ends meet.

It's good to see some decorum on an Ally bashing thread, I'm very much pro Ally but common sense says that 750k for the 3rd div is a large wedge of cash. For the Manager of Glasgow Rangers however.

The Boardroom seem to be happy with Ally, if we get anywhere near the phenomenal ST sales of last year they will be happy with that.