Our manager's salary, who was right?

thehost

Has anyone else noticed that it is the same posters who go into a blind panic when negative rumours are aired by the tarriers or whyte. No one knows what McCoist is on, yet there is plenty of them saying, "no matter what it is, it is a disgrace ...... you would think that some of them would wait on the truth coming out before making a comment, no wonder tarriers laugh at us, we have got to be the most easily led supporters in the world .... believe anything but the fucking truth sometimes

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ally did not pick his own wage.

That doesn't make it right.

The money McCoist, Durrant, and McDowall are receiving in the SFL is nothing short of disgraceful. If all three were sacked we could bring in someone else for £500k/year who can win these SFL leagues just as easily. We could potentially save over £1m a season by doing so.

Whether it be 75k or 750k, the figure is irrelevant. What is relevant is that the Rangers Manager has a contract with the Club that both parties have agreed.

For the Club in having AMcC as manager, the benefits are clear. They have a manager that the majority of fans respect, a manager that knows Rangers Football Club inside out- a good ambassador for the Club, a manager with a big media profile- which is useful for maximising commercial revenues, a manager that has a great footballing pedigree- useful for attracting new signings, and a manager who has just won promotion, plus a manager who has shown great loyalty and off pitch leadership through the darkest of times.

For AMcC, yes he has a contract, and with that contract comes responsibilities and accountability. As Rangers manager the accountability is very public and indeed gets very personal- eg this thread.

I will not judge our Manager on his salary, but will do on the results he achieves. Likewise I expect our Board to manage the Club in a manner that is financially prudent but not miserly to the point that the Club cannot progress. We have a new season ahead. A strengthened squad, a squad that this time has been acquired with the benefit of proper thinking and planning, a squad that is getting the necessary time pre season. This is very different from last year. We have a new chairman and are beginning to move on from the troubles of the past. There is an element within this thread that would appear to wish to drag us backwards and indeed down. We do not need division, we need unity and as a support to collectively back our manager, our team, our Club.

I look forward to seeing our results both footballing and financial. I am glad I am not personally accountable, but can just proffer my personal opinion from the sanctuary of my keypad.

The don't care what people get paid attitude is what got the Rangers Men into part of this mess.

Well whether its 750k or 700k, he's going to get paid whatever he will get paid, regardless of whether I think it's too much. I'm just more concerned about what will happen on the pitch come next season.

First up, I'm not a great fans of Ally's managerial work so far.

However those who set his salary didn't have a crystal ball and so didn't know how it would pan out to set it accordingly.

The rights and wrongs of setting it so high are another matter, but I will say, if we played great and won all the cups we could have, nobody would complain.

I do find it rich that a lot of those outraged by the rumoured amounts are the same folk who complain he must uphold the standards of being the Rangers manager.

So he is to be like other Rangers managers but not get paid like them.

I find it incredible that some are blaming the man for taking the salary offered.

Some say it's a big chunk of ST money. Well how much ST cash did he bring just by not walking away.

Some have very short memories on here.

So, skipping forward, Ally eventually leaves the job. That is the time to revisit the salary offered, but we must accept the calibre if applicants will drop accordingly.

No doubt the usual suspects will be on here greeting about lack of ambition.

Whether it be 75k or 750k, the figure is irrelevant. What is relevant is that the Rangers Manager has a contract with the Club that both parties have agreed.

For the Club in having AMcC as manager, the benefits are clear. They have a manager that the majority of fans respect, a manager that knows Rangers Football Club inside out- a good ambassador for the Club, a manager with a big media profile- which is useful for maximising commercial revenues, a manager that has a great footballing pedigree- useful for attracting new signings, and a manager who has just won promotion, plus a manager who has shown great loyalty and off pitch leadership through the darkest of times.

For AMcC, yes he has a contract, and with that contract comes responsibilities and accountability. As Rangers manager the accountability is very public and indeed gets very personal- eg this thread.

I will not judge our Manager on his salary, but will do on the results he achieves. Likewise I expect our Board to manage the Club in a manner that is financially prudent but not miserly to the point that the Club cannot progress. We have a new season ahead. A strengthened squad, a squad that this time has been acquired with the benefit of proper thinking and planning, a squad that is getting the necessary time pre season. This is very different from last year. We have a new chairman and are beginning to move on from the troubles of the past. There is an element within this thread that would appear to wish to drag us backwards and indeed down. We do not need division, we need unity and as a support to collectively back our manager, our team, our Club.

I look forward to seeing our results both footballing and financial. I am glad I am not personally accountable, but can just proffer my personal opinion from the sanctuary of my keypad.

So anyone who thinks our manager is overpaid for Div 3 at £750kis seeking to "drag us backward and indeed down"? We should just accept it and move on because he has a contract of employment?

Er, how can I put this? No. Let's explore this issue a little more fully.

The point of this thread is not to bash someone it is to point out the financial profligacy of Martin Bain, and the then board, who decided as a final "get it up ye" to appoint Ally as manager on said ridiculous salary. Irrespective of your views, on his football management prowess, paying a 3/4th tier manager more than ANYONE else in Scottish football management shows exactly why we ended in the grubber. It would be like up paying £16k to a 35 year old .................................. oh wait! Jobs for the boys has to end and until it does we will never be on a sound financial footing.

No manager in league we are in should be earning 750k a year. If we are downsizing with players wages to suit the league we are in then management team cloth should be cut accordingly. We will end up back where we started in debt and owing the banks again. Not a route we want

No manager in league we are in should be earning 750k a year. If we are downsizing with players wages to suit the league we are in then management team cloth should be cut accordingly. We will end up back where we started in debt and owing the banks again. Not a route we want

No manager, in any league in Scotland, gets paid what we dole out. I have no issue with a manager pocketing 750 for getting us into CL group stages but unless they do so it will remain an unsustainable amount.

100% agreed.

If we have to downsize with the players contracts and wage bill from last year alone, far less the guys from the oldco who's contracts reverted back to their 15 grand a week then McCoist should be no different.

I respect the guy for everything he's done, but working for 3 and a half months with no wages in administration is still seen as the ultimate goodwill gesture despite it gaurenteeing him a job for life on his 15 grand a week managers position.

Another stick to beat McCoist with - his salary, which seems to be set at 750k despite no evidence provided. Some people on here are pathetic in their attitude towards our manager.

That is what he is on TWB. Irrespective of the rights or wrongs of it.

Didn't Ally renegotiate his financial package last summer?

Maybe mate.

What I'm amazed at is nothing is ever said at him getting the same deal on shares that Green got. Nothing's ever said about him getting x amount of shares at a nominal fee at start-up. Not that I think that's a bad thing, it might be pretty standard business practice - I've no idea, I just find it double standards.

Another stick to beat McCoist with - his salary, which seems to be set at 750k despite no evidence provided. Some people on here are pathetic in their attitude towards our manager.

Any excuse to have a bash!

He does have failings in his managerial position. However, his contract (I would GUESS) would have been made out in 2011 and to change it now is almost unthinkable in big businesses (for senior staff at least).

To all the Ally oot brigade; who would come in for a lesser wage and be more successful than Ally has been so far? And don't just bandy about names, facts please!

To all the Ally oot brigade; who would come in for a lesser wage and be more successful than Ally has been so far? And don't just bandy about names, facts please!

Love it when someone asks that question.

How is your average fan meant to know who would be available/interested and come in on a lesser wage ....

That's what a director or a chief executive's job is for. Give me their time, resources, contact list, wage and I'll have a list in an hour.

I'm willing to bet my life that guys such as Adams and McCall would be on a fraction of a 750k a year.

and who would be more successful? what's he done apart from get pumped out of every cup competition we've entered and fucked a massive lead at the top of the SPL before administration? winnning the lowest tier of Scottish football with the second highest wage bill in Scotland. Magic. What a manager.

That is what he is on TWB. Irrespective of the rights or wrongs of it.

Based on what? The share prospectus? I've seen about 4 different figures mentioned from the best financial minds the Internet has to offer, sifting figures from it and doing their back-of-a-fag-packet accounting.

Based on what? The share prospectus? I've seen about 4 different figures mentioned from the best financial minds the Internet has to offer, sifting figures from it and doing their back-of-a-fag-packet accounting.

Im just trying to provide some clarity on the issue. I can assure you his salary is 750K per annum

Love it when someone asks that question.

How is your average fan meant to know who would be available/interested and come in on a lesser wage ....

That's what a director or a chief executive's job is for. Give me their time, resources, contact list, wage and I'll have a list in an hour.

I'm willing to bet my life that guys such as Adams and McCall would be on a fraction of a 750k a year.

and who would be more successful? what's he done apart from get pumped out of every cup competition we've entered and fucked a massive lead at the top of the SPL before administration? winnning the lowest tier of Scottish football with the second highest wage bill in Scotland. Magic. What a manager.

I very much doubt anybody coming to manage Rangers would be on a "fraction" of that amount. I would strongly suggest that the minimum wage for the manager of the biggest club in Scotland would likely never fall below 500k.

As a thought, maybe our CEO's (and board) have looked at the manger's position and still think he is the best available person to manage and promote us?