Lee's right up for Daly

f44uj6.png

LEE McCULLOCH has welcomed Jon Daly to Rangers — even though he could oust him from the forward line.

Gers boss Ally McCoist snapped up striker Daly on a Bosman from Dundee United last month.

Skipper McCulloch said: “Jon is an experienced player and I know he’ll do really well at Ibrox.

“Others have arrived, too, and will improve the quality of the squad and create competition for places. Obviously, every team needs that.”

McCulloch, 35, still has two years of his Ibrox deal to run.

With Daly joining fellow new boy Nicky Clark, the versatile ex-Motherwell star could now be moved back to central defence. He added: “Honestly, I feel fitter now than I have for years.

“I know that may sound strange considering my age, but it’s the truth.

“I’ve worked hard during the close season and I am feeling the benefits.

“When the season finished we went to Portugal for a short break, but ever since then I’ve been training practically every day.

“Most mornings I go to the gym to do a workout and then return later in the day for a second session.

“There have been a few days when I’ve found myself going along for a THIRD session.

“I want to make sure I’m as fit as I possibly can be and playing as well as I possibly can when the new season kicks off"

Personally I think Lee should drop back and allow Clark & Daly, or Clark & Little to have free reign up front.

Edit: Reason I'd go with that set-up is because I believe it's pointless to bring players in, spend money on their wages & then hardly use them.

I don't get the negativity around Daly either. In fact, it's that kind of negativity which could potentially damage the club.

I think Daly will be hit at Ibrox. He could score 15 plus this season coming starting up front, I'd be surprised if he scored less. In saying that, I feel more confident in our defence when we play McCulloch at the back - don't have any confidence in Perry or Cribari at all. I want McCulloch and Gasparotto at the back next season. This is the perfect time to blood someone young, with ability and potential, at the back rather than someone like Perry who I don't see any progression with.

Also, if McCoist doesn't get shot of some players I don't know what he's going to do next season. He could play:

Bell

Argyriou

McCulloch

Gasparotto

Wallace

MacLeod

Black

Law

Little

Daly

Clark

but leave out Templeton who could be a big player next season again. Or, he could go for his rather non-exciting 4-2-3-1 formation again with something like:

Bell

Hegarty

Perry

Cribari

Wallace

Black

MacLeod

Little

Shiels

Templeton

Daly/McCulloch

I just don't know what McCoist's going to do and how he's going to accommodate everybody. If it was down to me I'd have to go for:

Bell, Argyriou, McCulloch, Gasparotto, Wallace, McKay, Law, Peralta, Templeton, Daly, Clark.

But McCoist? I just don't know. I guess it creates excitement ahead of the first game.

Big Jig used to get lot of abuse even before the 'turkeys voted for Christmas'. Never from me thought, the guy is the epitome of what a Rangers players attitude should be.

You mean get paid a fortune, play like crap until playing 4th tier football and stiff Narsa

whatever floats your boat

You mean get paid a fortune, play like crap until playing 4th tier football and stiff Narsa

Not claimed he is the next Messi or owt, its just that he never fucked us off in our hour of need but stayed with us and pumped a few goals int net to get us up. so for that he deserves some respect

Big Lee a perfect example of what Abe Lincoln was referring to.

Indeed he makes David Murray's smoke and mirrors almost pedestrian such is his ability t be portrayed as anything other than a complete and utter waste of £7m

You're a perfect example of a prick.

I seem to remember, when everything was going tits up, big Lee said he would play for free if he needed to.

Jig is a Rangers man through and though.