Fined for Administration

There was a bit of revisionism going on last week on Off The Ball with Cosgrove agreeing with a text that 'Gers were not fined for going into administration but for "bringing the game into disrepute". This nonsense went unchallenged, so just for the record.....

".The SFA said the Ibrox club had been hit with the maximum £50,000 fine for going into administration, or "experiencing an insolvency event".

http://sport.stv.tv/...fer-ban-by-sfa/

I think this is important in light of Hearts manager saying today that it would be "a disaster" if Hearts were fined anything by the SFA

It will be interesting to see just what the SFA will do.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great spot! No disrespect but in a normal country that would have been spotted by a leading journalist and trumpeted on the front page - but then again in corhupt Scotland!?

The point here is clearly all about even handedness and maintaining sporting integrity......

A lawyer would know - can we sue them if they don't treat Hertz the same as they did us?

Hound them every step of the way - I don't use them but - get this on Twitter/Facebook - whatever please those who do! It is name and shame time!

Giving a company a fine for going into administration is probably one of the stupidest things I have ever heard.

Did we ever pay it?

Were they listed as one of the creditors?

Did we not have to pay it as part of the 'football debts'?

Giving a company a fine for going into administration is probably one of the stupidest things I have ever heard.

Did we ever pay it?

Were they listed as one of the creditors?

I agree it's idiotic !

no idea if we paid it...maybe they took t off the £500,000 Steven Davis transfer money the SFA are still holding on to.

Great spot! No disrespect but in a normal country that would have been spotted by a leading journalist and trumpeted on the front page - but then again in corhupt Scotland!?

The point here is clearly all about even handedness and maintaining sporting integrity......

A lawyer would know - can we sue them if they don't treat Hertz the same as they did us?

Hound them every step of the way - I don't use them but - get this on Twitter/Facebook - whatever please those who do! It is name and shame time!

I believe it would be classed as discriminatory treatment.

The disinformation campaign continues, the bottom line is not that they are giving hertz or dunfermline preferential treatment as this is how clubs in admin should be treated but it shows just how ridiculously spitefull and vindictive the sfa/spl were to us and how they tore up the rulebook to allow them to carry out the appalling and in the case of the transfer embargo illegal punishments on us, and now they have restored the old rule book to treat hertz and dunfermline fairly and pretty justly.

The media in this country are grossly irresponsible when it comes to reporting about Rangers.

While they should be doing their job and exposing shysters one has to wonder where the Hearts expose is, since Romanov is a far bigger shyster than Whyte (Yeah I know, hard to believe.) This guy is being hunted in his own country and one wonders if he did not acquire Hearts to do a little laundry.

Yet where is the investigative report on the BBC?

Come on Daly, do what you are paid to do, or is it that because it has nothing to do with Rangers you are not interested.

Furthermore one also must question the information used in programme about us. To say it is questionable is an understatement.

Again Daly, was that information obtained legally or did it fall into your lap?

Why the silence?

A proper unbiassed and decent reporter would not be seen dead using illegaly obtained information and furthermore would want to investigate all instances of owners with questionable backgrounds gaining control of football clubs and bringing them down.

A proper reporter would treat every club fairly when it came to media exposure.

Pity then that we seem to have none of those in Scotland.

Pity also that our FA seems more interested in their own wage packets than in governing the game.

When Portsmouth went into administration, the FA bent over backwards to help them.

We now have 3 clubs having either gone through or going through that plight. Rangers got the boot stuck into them by the SFA and the SFA have ignored the other 2.

It is clear that the only person not fit and proper to do the job is Regan. He must go now!

Hell, I could do a better job, give me 2 weeks and for half his salary I will sort out the entire fucking mess.

Have Dunfermline been fined anything for going into admin?

There must have been some kind of inquiry into them as they have been hit with registration restrictions - but did they receive any fine for bringing the game into disrepute (by going into admin) or for going into admin itself?

Spot on OP!

Now surely all fans will accept that we should be questioning this publically.

Mr Mather, Mr Smith it's over to you.

I would also like to see the RST make a public statement about this. However, the real onus is on our board.

I would like to hear Mr Mather's take on this, was good to hear him be quite so vocal recently with regards to defending Rangers and this presents an early opportunity.

Not too bothered on what the RST have got to say, whether they have the influence and wherewithal to make a difference anymore is surely up for debate?