Charles is at it again.

72barca

He didn't though. He was a front for OTHERS who saved the club. Charles never even put his hand in his pocket. i believe he has been quoted as saying he was approached to lead the consrtium.

Answer me this. Lets say Greens consortium had never appeared on the scene. Was it lights out for Rangers? or would do you think someone else have ridden to the rescue (I'm aware that this is all hypothetical)

He lead a group to save the club, I think we're all aware of the technicalities.

Honestly yes I think it was lights out. I accept we can't say for sure either way but the club needed a buyer and so few actually seemed to be serious, with several withdrawls or conditions that were impossible to proceed with. Therefore I really have no faith that someone else would have done the business.

By my reckoning it was the support who saved the club. No support = No interest in club. No interest in club = No return on investment. No return on investment = No point in original investment.

this. Greens consortium bought the assets. He didn't buy the fans we are the club... and the people!

this. Greens consortium bought the assets. He didn't buy the fans we are the club... and the people!

Not exactly in my opinion.

Green bought the business (the club) as a continuation of the economic entity. This could only be done either by CVA or buy a 'business and asset' sale.

Otherwise the economic entity would have ended and we would have struggled to gain the recognition as the same club by the authorities.

A bit like the Airdrie / Airdieonians situation.

I am led to believe that Rangers Finance Director Brian Stockbridge is to award himself a substantial wage CUT due to recent criticisms of the directorial remuneration structure at Ibrox.

Stockbridge is determined to demonstrate he is not at Ibrox just to make a quick buck; having spoken to him previously he let me know emphatically that he sees himself at Rangers for the long haul.

This should be good news for the Ibrox faithful because, although he is not one to blow his own trumpet, I know he works tirelessly to keep the wieldy Ibrox ship on course fiscally and has made massive dents into superfluous expenditure commitments racked up by previous big-spending administrators at the club.

In addition, he is helping to bring in deals that boost the club’s revenues and was a key player in the Huawei WIFI deal just recently announced.

As I have said before, Stockbridge is doing a fantastic job at Ibrox and, although he came in as part of the Charles Green consortium, he has managed to scotch any suggestions that he is a fast buck player. He has very much settled down in Scotland and Gers fans should be aware that his family is Scottish and he hails from a long line of bluenoses.

Rangers fans can rest easy knowing the club has a safe pair of hands directing its financial business.

That said, today’s media reports about Charles Green’s unhappiness at Rangers’ free-spending ways since he departed the CEO chair may alarm a few in the bluenose support.

There is concern among certain sections of the Ibrox fanbase that Ally McCoist is building a monster squad which can only be a drag on the club’s finances.

Recent pronouncements from the club tend to confirm this as the line has been taken that players must be moved on in the transfer window.

The ongoing tensions in the boardroom tend to be around this issue. Some investors want a board that will impose tighter fiscal controls on the club while others seem to favour a return to the days when Rangers’ chequebook was always open in good times or bad.

News of redundancies at the club doesn’t help bolster confidence, although it could be argued that they are part of necessary cost-cutting. Admittedly, that is no great comfort to those who are losing their jobs.

As always, there is a balanced path that can be taken in all of this. Rangers must ensure they have a squad capable of taking the club back to the top tier but there is no harm in doing this within strict and prudent cost-base parameters.

Running a football club at a profit is a very tricky business at any level but that is what those tasked with the business affairs of Rangers must do. The great danger at any club is when the demands of the team management derail wise business practices. We saw this happen all too often in the Murray years – Tore Andre Flo being a classic example.

It’s understandable that managers always want to improve their squad but we live in an age where more than ever team bosses must work hand in glove with the money men at clubs and be aware of limitations.

Given the need for financial modesty, it might not be too much to ask certain other highly-paid employees at Ibrox to follow the example of Brian Stockbridge and take a wage cut for the good of the club.

After all, as the famous adverts says, Every Little Helps.

Some people are going to have to find another hate figure

Greens "consortium" was made up of Richard Hughes from Zeus capital lending him approx £8m.

There was no "consortium" of investors that he first day at Ibrox when he talked about them, IIRC Craig Mather was the first investor to put Money into the CG machine.

Anyone who thinks Charles Green saved Rangers is deluded, he was just the first one to spot the opportunity and tied it up which basically ended the "Neutered Knights" interest in hoodwinking the fans into their plan.

The club needs to be run properly, whoever does that, it shouldn't really matter, clarity and visibility is what the fans deserve.

Ideally a new owner with a business plan and the balls to disband all the group, some will require a legal push and to create a new fans brand, with new people and toss all these other self servers to the side and let them squabble like little babies about who knows the most.

Timmy may well try to destroy us

The media may try to destroy

Slowly we are destroying ourselves by self interest and "whataboutery"

None of the high profile people/groups currently around have any credibility left, except for their own little brainwashed cliques.

We are allowing ourselves to be attacked because people are holding the door open for our enemies in the pursuit of self gain and vanity.

Not exactly in my opinion.

Green bought the business (the club) as a continuation of the economic entity. This could only be done either by CVA or buy a 'business and asset' sale.

Otherwise the economic entity would have ended and we would have struggled to gain the recognition as the same club by the authorities.

A bit like the Airdrie / Airdieonians situation.

Nothing like Airdrieonians/Airdrie Utd.

Airdrieonians went bust and were liquidated. No asset sale took place and a CVA was rejected. Airdrie Utd then applied to join the SFL as a wholly new entity but were refused in favour of Gretna. Airdrie Utd then bought Clydebank FC and after gaining permission from the SFA changed the clubs name to Airdrie Utd and relocated to the vacant Shyberry Excelsior Stadium (or whatever the fuck it was called then)