memories of a gubbing

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those Juve games obviously but happier memory's was when we battered Famagusta something like 7-1 in the qualifiers I think in the same CL campaign

Naw Famagusta we sneaked through

You maybe thinking of Alania Vladi the next year?

Naw Famagusta we sneaked through

You maybe thinking of Alania Vladi the next year?

I think your right I remember the Famagusta game in 95 what a summer that was :D but yeah we did hump Alania pretty good, what was the score in the Famagusta ties? We wore the red and white checked Jerseys in one of those games I think.

Do you recall a midweek game at Ibrox early/mid 60s , foggy night and might have been a replay, a really good m'well team turned us over as well.

But as you said Dundee had a class team back then. Gilzean,Slater, Ure , Cox, Jimmy Gabriel,Andy Penman.

Have a read on here Johnny and look out for Willie Thornton..........

http://www.dundeefc....KLY&pageid=1014

Ian Ure went on to have a great career with Arsenal and Manu, Gilzean done the business for Spurs and of course Andy put in some sterling performances for us in the late 60's

if this was in 1974 it was my first ever game, played on a sunday

Was also my first ever game, my old man played on a Staurday and he was able to go because it was a sunday, Was also taken to another Rangesr v Dundee game close to that and they beat us 2-1

Those Juve games obviously but happier memory's was when we battered Famagusta something like 7-1 in the qualifiers I think in the same CL campaign

It's the Russian team you were thinking of I can't remeber the final aggregate score I think we put 10 by them, I'm sure the Famagusta game was the 1 where the Bulgarian Midfielder(can't remeber his name) had a really good game and kept Gazza quiet, the next season Aberdeen signed him and he turned out not that great a player.

My memory of us getting a gubbing was against Ajax in the CL I think they beat us 4-1, the Ajax team at the time was by far the best team around they had both the De Boer's, Kluivert and Davids to name a few, I remeber the Rangers fans singing this is so fukking easy coz at 1 point they wouldn't even give us a kick of the ball but in fairness the Ajax team were that good they would prob have just took it back off us anyway.

It's the Russian team you were thinking of I can't remeber the final aggregate score I think we put 10 by them, I'm sure the Famagusta game was the 1 where the Bulgarian Midfielder(can't remeber his name) had a really good game and kept Gazza quiet, the next season Aberdeen signed him and he turned out not that great a player.

My memory of us getting a gubbing was against Ajax in the CL I think they beat us 4-1, the Ajax team at the time was by far the best team around they had both the De Boer's, Kluivert and Davids to name a few, I remeber the Rangers fans singing this is so fukking easy coz at 1 point they wouldn't even give us a kick of the ball but in fairness the Ajax team were that good they would prob have just took it back off us anyway.

alanya vladikavkas

if this was in 1974 it was my first ever game, played on a sunday

was this the game played on a sunday because of the power strike and did Dundee not come out and go to the Rangers end before KO

Particularly bad as they were down to 10 men MM

Thirty-four years on and this game remains the one i wish i hadn't attended. Not just the fact that they played almost the whole second - half with 10 men but that they wanted it more in what was practically a league decider for both teams.

After January 71 and the death of "Coops" this still hurts the most imo

That's still sore for a lot of people

Weren't we cruising against ten men and just collapsed?

Particularly bad as they were down to 10 men MM

I rarely have the 'we're cruising' feeling against them and certainly didn't that day, but did think with them down to 10 we should have secured a victory.

Bomber's own goal - and them chanting the 'Spear & Jackson' theme song we adapted for him back at us - and their subsequent win that night was just awful.

Easily my worst journey home from a game I can remember.

:(

Late August 2000 6-2 to them.I had had a heart attack on August 10th so could only watch on the telly.Mrs turned telly off after 20 mins ,I had lost the plot and was turning more blue than I already am and struggling for breath.Not a great day all round really.