Malcolm Murray - Open letter to Rangers fans

Broxi1872

Regardless of the thoughts of some, i trusted him more than i ever will trust Easdale, Mather etc. He put his money into the club and is entitled to his say.

so did the guys you mentioned. Mather has done nothing wrong.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A whole year with no holiday, the poor man.

Maybe Easdale could offer his family a bus trip to Blackpool?

Seriously in what parallel universe did Murray think this letter was a good idea?

MM has said nothing but innuendo. (AJ departed spouting riddles also and look where that got us.) MM should expose everything and everyone or he should say nothing. He has again failed to lead.

AJ did not spout riddles. He warned us about Whyte quite clearly but few listened, and instead championed him until as late as February 2012 ( you know who you all are). It seems to me that Murray is warning us about what is going on currently. A lot of folk are very quick to dismiss it. Then again, I live in London and don't hear the Glasgow gossip re: Murray, Easdale, Prior, Stockbridge, Green et al. However, it is evident that something is not right at the moment, and simply taking sides and believing that all is well is ridiculous.

I am also worried about the way that the phrase 'Rangers men' is now casually mocked and a term of ridicule. Being a Rangers man apparently means automatic financial recklessness. There is a section of fans who want proper financial management yet are prepared to take anyone as long as they aren't 'rangers men'. Hell, I can recall several posters on here praising Whyte for not spending money on Goodwillie etc when he first arrived, making him out to be the answer to our prayers. A man who controls spending? Hallelujah! I digress: How have we reached the point where being a Rangers man is a bad thing from a business point of view?

We absolutely have to scrutinise every move, every change of director right now. And that includes the new broker appointment. This is a crucial time for us. I just hope that the 'innuendo' of Murray is not ignored.

"My family have given things up to help save Rangers in this difficult year. There aren't many wives who would let their husband pay someone else's significant electricity bill." - Who is someone?

"You and I want a squeaky-clean club run by men of the highest integrity and global commercial ability and the highest level of transparency." - Aren't we? Do tell

"The reason we went down the flotation route was to guarantee transparency, whereas ownership by mysterious individuals does not." - So what's the problem here? We floated and it was a success.

"Events of the last year have seen behaviour that would make the late, great Bill Struth spin in his grave." - Like what? Include your own actions there?

"The loss of two men (Phil and myself) with such lengthy financial public company experience and a quality broker will undoubtedly raise questions amongst our institutional shareholders." - The departures all seem very amicable, so what are the questions, do you have more to say about the manner of the departures?

"Only time will tell how they will react. These investors and you are our future and you must be listened to and given transparency." - So is that to say they aren't being listened to and given transparency?

"We cannot go back to the depths of the last two years, we need to hold course. Corporate transparency is the norm and we should embrace it rather than change course when difficult questions are asked." - So if there is no corporate transparency tell us what has gone on or is.

Those question, or gaps, will be answered/filled in by the usual suspect trouble makers. He knows how certain people will choose to interpret his deliberately ambiguous comments.

AJ did not spout riddles. He warned us about Whyte quite clearly but few listened, and instead championed him until as late as February 2012 ( you know who you all are). It seems to me that Murray is warning us about what is going on currently. A lot of folk are very quick to dismiss it. Then again, I live in London and don't hear the Glasgow gossip re: Murray, Easdale, Prior, Stockbridge, Green et al. However, it is evident that something is not right at the moment, and simply taking sides and believing that all is well is ridiculous.

I am also worried about the way that the phrase 'Rangers men' is now casually mocked and a term of ridicule. Being a Rangers man apparently means automatic financial recklessness. There is a section of fans who want proper financial management yet are prepared to take anyone as long as they aren't 'rangers men'. Hell, I can recall several posters on here praising Whyte for not spending money on Goodwillie etc when he first arrived, making him out to be the answer to our prayers. A man who controls spending? Hallelujah! I digress: How have we reached the point where being a Rangers man is a bad thing from a business point of view?

We absolutely have to scrutinise every move, every change of director right now. And that includes the new broker appointment. This is a crucial time for us. I just hope that the 'innuendo' of Murray is not ignored.

Its evident because of some vague insinuations in an open letter? 75% of which is about the authors credentials as a business man and a supporter.

If there was really something to say, then say it.

Alastair Johnston said we should "be vigilant" did he not? I don't recall him saying something like "this guy Whyte is a shyster, don't trust him an inch, we have proof he is a fraudster". How strange that I can't find any record of that.

If I had any concerns about a fellow Rangers director or chairman or owner then you can bet your last cent that I would tell every Rangers fan. AJ had nothing to lose in telling us anything he knew about Whyte. AJ had a "day job" in the USA and he would not be short of a few bob therefore he had no financial worries about telling us the truth.

As for Malcolm Murray, he is a Gers man like the rest of us but he had a number of serious failings as Chairman. This open letter does more harm to the Club and he gives no evidence of any wrongdoing, just innuendo. Malcolm, if you have information then tell us. God knows that it couldn't be any worse than the crap we have endured over the last 18 months or so. If you are simply peeved, then please just shut up.

I find it interesting how people pick and choose what they read in this letter, and most of it is on a negative perception of the man, absolutely nothing on the fact he didn't ask to be chairman he filled a position when it was required, also it has been ignored the harassment that his family received when he did become chairman, at no time did his family deserve this. We can all speculate but at the end of the day no one on here knows exactly what was going on in the background, none of us will ever know who is telling the truth. As they say history is written by the victors.

Talks a lot but in the end says nothing.

o many fans have told me that dignified silence will be seen as a sign of disrespect. The fact that you maintained that silence until now speaks volumes.

"I was recommended for the role by the investment institutions because of my strong record of honesty, integrity.....b?No Malcolm you were brought in because of your alleged financial contacts especially in The City. How much money did your influence otr your contacts bring into the club?

k my wife and daughter for their patience and endurance of great hardship - including no holiday for a year...... no holiday. Awwww I am sure their patience was influenced by the rather large monthly cheque you were receiving.

During the dark days of last summer I put a six-figure sum into the club to literally stop the lights going out at Ibrox at a time when we were in real danger. ​So your implication is that Rangers would have died without your six-figure (??) investment. I assume your investment was in shares which have increased in price and which you still own. I have no issues with that but please do not portray your investment as some sort of philanthropic gesture on your part.

.........pay someone else's significant electricity bill. ​That whole paragraph stinks of melodramatic baloney.

"The reason we went down the flotation route was to guarantee transparency, whereas ownership by mysterious individuals does not. As a financial expert he is as aware as anyone that where institutional investors are involved transparency of ownership is never totally clear. Who is on your iPod Malcolm - Muddy Waters?

Bill Struth comment - ​embarrassing. What would Mr. Struth have though of your inebriated performance in London?

Corporate transparency is the norm...........​Boardroom transparency should be likewise. You and the board you reigned over failed in that regard.

.Time will tell but I doubt you will be missed.

Every business man that talks about him speaks well of him. The only people that talk shite about are people on here who don't even know him. Just judging him because he doesn't tell yous when his next shite is

Alan Brazil used to speak highly of him on Talksport.

Not sure if they were just mates from the boozer, or how much weight an endorsement from Brazil carries, but he did speak of the wealth of contacts MM had access to.

Hard to assess what, if any, damage punting MM will do.

I would trust Murray and Cartmell with all their experience in the City and who brought in a lot of investors into the IPO along with Charles Green than a shady bus tycoon from Greenock. Yesterday was another setback off the park for Rangers.

The man put significant personal money, time and effort in to help save our club and he gains my utmost respect for this. As a fellow fan he has contributed more to the club than most fans on here ever will.

Sure I'd have liked to hear more from Malcolm and perhaps seen a different style of leadership but in the circumstances he done the best he could, and we will never know the true extent of the difficulties he faced. Thanks for everything Mal and good luck in the future.