Celtic return tickets

Sorry to start a discussion of Celtic but I was just watching BBC ni and they had the chairman of cliftonville on saying that Celtic were unable to sell their allocation and had returned five hundred tickets . The club were trying to work out what to do with them. It's a really poor effort as they only received around a thousand tickets for a small ground.

There really is only one team in Glasgow

Sorry to start a discussion of Celtic but I was just watching BBC ni and they had the chairman of cliftonville on saying that Celtic were unable to sell their allocation and had returned five hundred tickets . The club were trying to work out what to do with them. It's a really poor effort as they only received around a thousand tickets for a small ground.

There really is only one team in Glasgow

Yet you start a thread about another team in Glasgow. :matron:

Back in the early 80s when we played a European tie in dublin against bohemians we stood face to face with a bheast infested, terrorist supporting, foaming mouthed, priest abused, devil worshipping support. We stood in the eye of the storm and there must have been around 6,000 of us that night.

Back in the early 80s when we played a European tie in dublin against bohemians we stood face to face with a bheast infested, terrorist supporting, foaming mouthed, priest abused, devil worshipping support. We stood in the eye of the storm and there must have been around 6,000 of us that night.

I think it might have been more. I was to young to attend but was told stories of around ten thousand bears taking over Branbridge in Northern Ireland before the game.

When they returned home all the supporters buses were stoned until they reached the boarder. They were then meet by the RUC who give them safe passage back to Belfast and beyond.

My uncle was arrested and did a few months time in the south because of it. I can image being a rangers fan in a Dublin jail must have been hard.

However I could be getting it mixed up with the time linfield played dundalk in the eighties. They both descended in to a major riot.

Cliftonville are to sell around 500 tickets on Tuesday morning for their eagerly-awaited Champions League match against Celtic at Solitude.

The tickets have become available because Celtic returned some of their allocation for Wednesday's game.

"Celtic told us on Monday that they had not sold all their tickets," said Cliftonville chairman Gerard Lawlor.

"It is great for the fans in Belfast because we are able to make them available locally."

The tickets will go on sale at 10:00 BST on Tuesday with a limit of two for each person.

"Fans in Belfast have been struggling to get tickets so it is good news for the local community in north Belfast and throughout Northern Ireland that around 500 extra people will get to see this game," added Lawlor.