Boris Pandza drops wage demands

Express Sport understands the Bosnian international is on the verge of agreeing a three-year deal.

A breakthrough has been found after Pandza agreed to drop his initial demands by almost £2,000 a week.

The out-of-contract Mechelen defender will take the cut in the short-term but will make up his money in the final year of his contract when Rangers are expected to return to the Scottish Premier League.

Pandza agreed to drop his initial demands by almost £2,000 a week

The news will be a relief to manager Ally McCoist, who has made Pandza his top defensive target.

McCoist is, however, still hoping to add a goalkeeper to his squad.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/416721/Boris-Pandza-drops-wage-demand-to-secure-Rangers-contract

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I do hope we get both. Moshni has shown up very well, although Pandza is still an unknown quantity, particularly after his injury problems. Nevertheless, i think both will be real assets.

I do hope we get both. Moshni has shown up very well, although Pandza is still an unknown quantity, particularly after his injury problems. Nevertheless, i think both will be real assets.

Do you think we will get Moshni with Cribari still pulling in £5-6k wages?I would like both but really can't see it.Disappointed as what I've read and seen he looks the part.

Looks like good news but I guess it will depend on what his actual salary is. If it's £4000 per week, then this is a good saving; if it's £12000 per week, it's not as impressive.

You would like to think that for players without a huge pedigree arriving from clubs without a worldwide profile, we would be able to maintain an affordable outlook. Sure, we're currently further down the league spine than usual but that should only be temporary so if players want to play for Rangers then they should want to come irrespective of what we offer them.

I'd hope Mather and the rest of the board are aggressive in what they offer as there's no shortage of good football players available.

As long as this doesn't effect us signing Mohsni and doesn't cause us financial problems, I'll be a happy man. Potentially another 2 defenders on the cards, and one looks quality from what I've seen. He's made Cribiri look decent. Still need to offload a couple, Perry and Faure should be shown the door.

Also, why do we need another goalkeeper? After this we need a right winger and we're sorted.

As long as this doesn't effect us signing Mohsni and doesn't cause us financial problems, I'll be a happy man. Potentially another 2 defenders on the cards, and one looks quality from what I've seen. He's made Cribiri look decent. Still need to offload a couple, Perry and Faure should be shown the door.

Also, why do we need another goalkeeper? After this we need a right winger and we're sorted.

It seems McCoist is sending our second choice 24 year old keeper Gallacher out on loan to get experience, I kid you not.

It seems McCoist is sending our second choice 24 year old keeper Gallacher out on loan to get experience, I kid you not.

I find that strange........24 year old.............why not put him in the odd game and if as expected we build up a good lead points wise then give him more game time.

He obviously thinks he's not good enough, so get rid of him completely and get a back up for Cammy in.

I find that strange........24 year old.............why not put him in the odd game and if as expected we build up a good lead points wise then give him more game time.

That would mean using common sense or maybe having to pay our first choice appearance money even if he wasn't playing and Gallacher was, if he isn't ready for the lower reaches now at 24 he never will be.

That would mean using common sense or maybe having to pay our first choice appearance money even if he wasn't playing and Gallacher was, if he isn't ready for the lower reaches now at 24 he never will be.

I think you could be right............if he is that hot a prospect, why not take the chance on him and see what he has to offer and could have saved the money that Bell is on.

Last season as soon as the league was won, he could have been played as no doubt the Club knew Alexander was off.

Express Sport understands the Bosnian international is on the verge of agreeing a three-year deal.

A breakthrough has been found after Pandza agreed to drop his initial demands by almost £2,000 a week.

The out-of-contract Mechelen defender will take the cut in the short-term but will make up his money in the final year of his contract when Rangers are expected to return to the Scottish Premier League.

Pandza agreed to drop his initial demands by almost £2,000 a week

The news will be a relief to manager Ally McCoist, who has made Pandza his top defensive target.

McCoist is, however, still hoping to add a goalkeeper to his squad.

http://www.express.c...angers-contract

Maybe our new C.E.O. could have a look in the mirror and ask himself if what he's now ripping out of the club (reportedly £500k) is affordable given negotiations like these with potential signing targets.

(CB leaves the room and mercilessly beats himself with a large stick for asking stupid questions) :anguish:

Sounds good, hopefully his original demands weren't too high though.

I can't imagine he would have been on a massive wage in Belgian football so unless he was chancing his arm I don't think his demands will have been far away from what the likes of law, daly etc are on....moshini should surely be priority number 1 still as we know what he can do and we know he fits in well with the squad, bringing in a forgeiner with no experience if British football is always a gamble, but especially at CB...