Rangers and the BBC

topgoalie

Heard through the grapevine there has been meetings trying to build bridges with the BBC,personally I think it is a good thing,we really need to stay onside with these outlets,rightly or wrongly they have a massive sway in the way our club are perceived to the unknowing public.....tin hat on.......

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard through the grapevine there has been meetings trying to build bridges with the BBC,personally I think it is a good thing,we really need to stay onside with these outlets,rightly or wrongly they have a massive sway in the way our club are perceived to the unknowing public.....tin hat on.......

Fluck the BBC.

Fluck the BBC.

I totally agree,do not know who made the first move,but it will come out on time,i would not give they fckers the time of day,but really can they do without the most talked about club in the country...........

I certainly hope not but it wouldn't surprise me, what use is it fans like the VB boys fighting our cause against the bigoted broadcaster for catholics if the club end up bending over backwards to appease them and ''build bridges'' which means we grant them interviews and whatnot for an easy ride no doubt. Not that we will get that as the bitter bhigots are too obsessed to let that happen.

I am all for the club being perceived well, but bending over to the BBC is not the way I would go about it.

totally agree but it IS happening,really it was only a matter of time,their bias knows no bounds but their figures do......

Depends what building bridges means. The BBC are going to have to adopt a vastly improved and more professional attitude, and address their clearly imbalanced reporting. I hope it's them approaching us rather than the other way round. I don't agree with having banned them, but their behaviour has been reprehensible and the bridges should be built from their side of the river, not ours. We have done nothing to them that was not a reaction to their behaviour.

It should come us no surprise - the BBC Executive in London are awash with complaints from Rangers fans one of which of course has been upheld.

Furthermore....

http://www.scotsman.com/what-s-on/tv-radio/less-than-half-of-all-scots-back-bbc-scotland-1-3002624

So as you sow...so shall you reap.

Whilst they have scum like Mark Daly (factual documentary my arse), Gollum (Ceeeeelllllltiiiiccc, my preeeeciousssss), Jim 'Dundee Utd but really the Bheasts' Spence, Cowan & Cosgrove (mutilated DNA if ever I saw it), and Rob 'New Rangers' Mclean, the BBC can fuck right off!

It should come us no surprise - the BBC Executive in London are awash with complaints from Rangers fans one of which of course has been upheld.

Furthermore....

http://www.scotsman....tland-1-3002624

So as you sow...so shall you reap.

Here's a quote from the above report:

“The council believes the BBC should be more accurate in reporting how the UK Rangers is governed run, more searching in comparing public policy in the different nations and should achieve a better balance in reporting Scottish and non-Scottish Rangers news for audiences in Scotland.

Fixed.

In my view the BBC played a full and active part in an anti-Rangers agenda and in doing so sought to actively harm the Club. They have been banned. I have seen and heard nothing to suggest that the ban should be lifted and 'normal' relations restored. Craig Mather has made it clear that action will be taken against (unnamed) persons / institutions / clubs when the time is right. James Traynor has talked about days of reckoning. The actions, statements and the like by the BBC affect Supporters as much if not more so than those who hold office at the Club. CM and JT both know that Supporters are to be respected. Mather has said that Rangers would use its voice and that he personally would stand tall for Rangers. In my view it would be incredible if the BBC was not one of the entities where action is to be taken unless CM and JT are going to argue that action has been taken in the form of a ban. Well for me that does not go far enough and nothing has been said or done by the BBC to cause me to consider it appropriate to lift the ban. In fact, I'd be looking for the media department to publicly take up every issue of BBC inaccurate reporting, malice, mischief and material which directly or by inference sought to harm Rangers and take them head on so that the voice which Craig Mather speaks of is heard loud and clear. If the voice he refers to is quiet whispers in corridors and a ban is lifted then it would be no voice at all. The BBC needs to demonstrate that it earns the respect of Rangers and Rangers Supporters. It is for them to demonstrate. So far the evidence in my view is nil and therefore any notition of bridge building by Rangers would be an error of judgement.

totally agree but it IS happening,really it was only a matter of time,their bias knows no bounds but their figures do......

in sporting terms they are marginalised. Unfortunately I get the impression our club are saying one thing to the support, but behind the scenes the agenda is completely different.

No idea if true but if it is ill be disgusted

Most likely pish, but if true, what if the BBC had asked for a meeting? We would be daft not to at least hear what they have to say. If we don't like it, then tell them where to stick it. Building bridges could mean many things, so I don't think we should be too quick to jump to criticism until we know more detail.

Most likely pish, but if true, what if the BBC had asked for a meeting? We would be daft not to at least hear what they have to say. If we don't like it, then tell them where to stick it. Building bridges could mean many things, so I don't think we should be too quick to jump to criticism until we know more detail.

Pish but true amigo....sorry Inigo......