re sign nacho novo

Now just bare with me, I was originally against re signing novo due to his age and the affect it would have on young Clark and little. However I think we should re sign him as long as he is on low wages and is happy to be on the bench on a regular basis.

The man can lift a crowd like no other at the moment and might be useful when we are struggling against mediocre teams in getting the crowd behind the team.

He is rightfully considered a gers legend due to the amount of important goals he scored for the club and we should look after him now he is struggling to find a club. I suspect that he would play for relivantly low wages in the position he is in now and Ally has said all along that he wants a another striker. Sign him up as long as the deal is right for us

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's an insult to the player and the club to sign him as a glorified cheerleader. If quality players like Law and Wallace continue to deliver like they are today, we won't need to sign lesser footballers to 'lift the crowd'.

Give him the option of either being a cheerleader for rangers or playing for the likes of east fide, I know what I would go for.

I know we will win the league without him but it would be nice to have him around the young lads and teach them what it's like to play for us. Other clubs have done something similar. I remember us re signing Heatley to see us over the line before

Give him the option of either being a cheerleader for rangers or playing for the likes of east fide, I know what I would go for.

I know we will win the league without him but it would be nice to have him around the young lads and teach them what it's like to play for us. Other clubs have done something similar. I remember us re signing Heatley to see us over the line before

Entirely different situation though. There's plenty of experience in our dressing room and we're in League 1. We don't need pushing over any lines. Novo simply isn't good enough to be a Rangers player any more. Simple as that. No passengers

Players like Clark, Law, MacLeod and Templeton can lift the spirits of the fans and team no bother, to bring Nacho back would be an insult to young Nicky Clark who more than deserves his chance. He will always be held in high regard and that's all it should be, we don't need him as a player.

Entirely different situation though. There's plenty of experience in our dressing room and we're in League 1. We don't need pushing over any lines. Novo simply isn't good enough to be a Rangers player any more. Simple as that. No passengers

The man is only in his early thirties and was playing In the top flight in spain two years ago. He is hardly finished.

Players like Clark, Law, MacLeod and Templeton can lift the spirits of the fans and team no bother, to bring Nacho back would be an insult to young Nicky Clark who more than deserves his chance. He will always be held in high regard and that's all it should be, we don't need him as a player.

Agreed they are our future but there is going to be times in the season when we are struggling and novo will come on and lift the whole crowd. He will always give his best and get stuck in. We should not under estimate the effect on the other players to see a real rangers hero walk on to the pitch and chase a keeper down from thirty yards and try and reclaim the ball.

The man is only in his early thirties and was playing In the top flight in spain two years ago. He is hardly finished.

He's 34 and spent last season getting relegated to the Spanish third division. He also was one of the worst players on the park in a Rangers legends match, outplayed by guys who had 20 years on him. Don't get me wrong, I love Nacho for what he did at Rangers years ago, but there's a reason why he's being targeted by piss poor sides, he's done - kaput. Would never get a start at Rangers ahead of Daly/McCulloch/Little/Clark

Agreed they are our future but there is going to be times in the season when we are struggling and novo will come on and lift the whole crowd. He will always give his best and get stuck in. We should not under estimate the effect on the other players to see a real rangers hero walk on to the pitch and chase a keeper down from thirty yards and try and reclaim the ball.

I'd rather we brought on McKay or Aird to do that same thing. Novo would give the fans a quick lift, but when he squanders sitter after sitter, that boost won't last long.

I'm sorry but get over the past (tu)

Ok I think I've lost this argument but I still stand by me original comment that he would lift the club. I totally understand why individuals are against the idea of him returning because I was originally one of them. Forget what he can offer on the pitch and remember what he could offer off the pitch. His shirt sales would probably pay for his wages.

Thanks for the memories nacho your a star

He's 34 and spent last season getting relegated to the Spanish third division. He also was one of the worst players on the park in a Rangers legends match, outplayed by guys who had 20 years on him. Don't get me wrong, I love Nacho for what he did at Rangers years ago, but there's a reason why he's being targeted by piss poor sides, he's done - kaput. Would never get a start at Rangers ahead of Daly/McCulloch/Little/Clark

Hey im 34 and I consider that to be your early thirties ok lol

Ok I think I've lost this argument but I still stand by me original comment that he would lift the club. I totally understand why individuals are against the idea of him returning because I was originally one of them. Forget what he can offer on the pitch and remember what he could offer off the pitch. His shirt sales would probably pay for his wages.

Thanks for the memories nacho your a star

(tu)

It's a no for me. With the players we have including young guys like Barrie Mackay I just don't think there is need for him.

Plus we can't sign a player because he is in the dressing room when he hasn't done anything of note on the pitch for about 3 yrs

I'd rather we brought on McKay or Aird to do that same thing. Novo would give the fans a quick lift, but when he squanders sitter after sitter, that boost won't last long.

I'm sorry but get over the past (tu)

This ^^

Thanks for the memories Nacho. Lets mould the young guns while working our way up the divisions rather than bringing in more old heads.

Daly looks great and with him alongside goal-scorers like Little/Clark then IMO this will be more than sufficient for the task ahead.

Novo is always gone be a legend. But his days have past had we struggled to bring people in I would have signed him in a heartbeat as he still outperforms the league we are in. But with all the talent we are recruiting the only way I would take him now is as a coach.