Boycotts this season and in the future

Ill pick and chose what grounds ill return to. Like to think I wont go to an SPFL ground but I know I will end up going.

I know many call Dundee Utd boycott a failure, but I think part of that is because the teams performance was so disappointing. If Rangers had won that game or at least not got humped then I would have seen the boycott as a success, every club expects thousands upon thousands of bears, when a few hundred turned up it sent a message. And those who did turn up just embarrassed themselves.

If the fans themselves organized a boycott and it was not made public in the same way CG made it public then I think it would work out better, while I agree it was the right decision for CG to not take tickets, publicly stating so rallied the Utd fans so there were many more Utd fans there than would have normally been there.

I completely agree with this.

If the game hadn't been so fucking awful then the DU boycott could have been a success. But I do remember watching it feeling terrible, we were dying out there and there wasn't anyone (apart from the few who did turn up) singing and showing support.

I completely agreed with the boycott, to show we weren't willing to be walked over again and again after the bullshit they all threw at us, but bloody hell it hurt.

I would back another boycott but after the way rangers' arses collapsed after 1 minute, we came off looking worse and is that worth going through again?

And yes, I keep saying i'll never go back to any of their grounds once were back up, but I know I will eventually and I hate that. There Are a couple I'll never go back to but for the majority I probably will.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there are an awful lot of folk, like me, that will unofficially boycott all of the SPL grounds. (Barring the smellies, as they have enough fans to fill the stadium if they bother showing up)

It's up to everyone to make their own personal choice and I wouldn't lambast them for it, but It would just feel wrong handing over money and helping keep clubs alive who would have seen our club killed.

I just couldn't do that.

It may be a small, pointless gesture, but in all conscience I could not help keep that regime afloat.

No sir, they will not get one thin dime from this bear.

If thats what it takes for a while I'm sure the players will understand.

We'll whip their diddy teams anyway, as per usual.

They exist day to day, living hand to mouth, so any shortfall hurts them real bad.

They are counting on bears drifting back.

Fuck 'em.

I took part in the boycott of Tannadice last season but i will probably end up going to some spl/spfl grounds when we are back in the top division.

Its up to the individual if you want to go or not.

I really want to support our club to the hills and really rub our opponents noses in it when we win on away soil :party:

every club expects thousands upon thousands of bears, when a few hundred turned up it sent a message. And those who did turn up just embarrassed themselves.

How did they embarrass themselves? Serious question, I didn't watch it - when I boycott I really boycott.