Boycotts this season and in the future

People were going against the club's wishes that time, hence the anger.

To be fair though people use that line "the clubs wishes" when it suits.

I'm pro Billy Boys and big bad nasty songs, but the club asks us not to sing them yet the people that do sing them against the clubs wishes then use that line above to justify a boycott.

I did boycott, but I could always see both sides to it. End of the day the club doesn't give a fuck about you the individual. They would take the side of a tarrier, copper, steward etc over you without a second thought.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People were going against the club's wishes that time, hence the anger.

People happily avoid or don't heed the clubs advice on other issues and it isn't made out as big an issue as this was last season.

It's a good thing that majority of people in the thread accept that it's a personal decision and no one is getting called scum or scab etc. It shows collectively we are growing as people and showing a level of maturity...now that's a scary thought.

People happily avoid or don't heed the clubs advice on other issues and it isn't made out as big an issue as this was last season.

It's a good thing that majority of people in the thread accept that it's a personal decision and no one is getting called scum or scab etc. It shows collectively we are growing as people and showing a level of maturity...now that's a sxary thought.

I don't really care about other issues, that was a unique issue, something any football club will rarely ever do if at all.

You think it's a change in attitude, I think the fact the club asked us to stay away from Tannadice was the key difference. Personally I was on the fence and would have remained so, then when Rangers advocated the boycott I became very much pro-boycott.

I was thinking the same thing, but I didn't want to start a thread incase I was accused of just trying to stir things, like I have been before...

Anyway, I hope we get Dundee Hibs at Tannadice at some point this season, and I hope we go there in our thousands and put the cunts back in their place on and off the park.

I don't really care about other issues, that was a unique issue, something any football club will rarely ever do if at all.

You think it's a change in attitude, I think the fact the club asked us to stay away from Tannadice was the key difference. Personally I was on the fence and would have remained so, then when Rangers advocated the boycott I became very much pro-boycott.

Me too. Although seeing it in action wasn't as fulfilling as I anticipated.

Can't remember but you don't seem the type to call people scum, scabs etc like the many, many posters last season whose attitudes were so toxic towards those who were on the other side of the fence.

That progression evident in this thread is a welcome one for me.

To be fair though people use that line "the clubs wishes" when it suits.

I'm pro Billy Boys and big bad nasty songs, but the club asks us not to sing them yet the people that do sing them against the clubs wishes then use that line above to justify a boycott.

I did boycott, but I could always see both sides to it. End of the day the club doesn't give a fuck about you the individual. They would take the side of a tarrier, copper, steward etc over you without a second thought.

We're asked not to sing songs in order to avoid the club getting in trouble, personally I think we should be careful on that basis but the club isn't making some sort of moral stance, they do what they have to do.

The Dundee Utd situation was clearly the club deciding to take a stance and make a point after the way we were treated, a sentiment the vast majority of fans agreed with. It was a one off thing and therefore people should have respected the club's wishes and just missed out on an away trip for once.

Whatever they think of me I give a fuck about the club, rightly or wrongly.

Free choice etc

However I'm boycotting Dunfermline personally this season

I'd like it if most Bears did this and it sent them under but id never tell anyone what to do

True enough. I'd say most folks will not be too happen visiting Hibs, Dun Hibs, the sheep. There will be some Rangers support there, but not as many as they would have liked.

A day in pub sounds like the best idea for those teams.

True enough. I'd say most folks will not be too happen visiting Hibs, Dun Hibs, the sheep. There will be some Rangers support there, but not as many as they would have liked.

A day in pub sounds like the best idea for those teams.

Nah, a day supporting your team in some of the most vile horrible atmospheres around sounds even better to me.

Nah, a day supporting your team in some of the most vile horrible atmospheres around sounds even better to me.

It's not the atmosphere ... most of the opposition fans are just wee weakling cunts that sit there and don't say anything until they get onto their wee laptops and spread their hate and lies.

It's not the atmosphere ... most of the opposition fans are just wee weakling cunts that sit there and don't say anything until they get onto their wee laptops and spread their hate and lies.

You've been to Easter Road, Tannadice, Pittodrie plenty of times John, they absolutely despise us, and right now it's probably worse than it's ever been.

Me too. Although seeing it in action wasn't as fulfilling as I anticipated.

Can't remember but you don't seem the type to call people scum, scabs etc like the many, many posters last season whose attitudes were so toxic towards those who were on the other side of the fence.

That progression evident in this thread is a welcome one for me.

Because we got badly beaten and the fact some people still went it may have seemed an anti-climax but the principle of it didn't change.

I perhaps used the word scab now and then when getting caught up in the emotion of the debate, certainly not scum. I stand by my belief that people were very wrong to go and let the club down by doing so.

I think this thread shows that nobody expects the club to officially advocate a boycott again.

You've been to Easter Road, Tannadice, Pittodrie plenty of times John, they absolutely despise us, and right now it's probably worse than it's ever been.

Aye them 3 grounds but I was meaning Dunfermline, they are nobodies.

We're asked not to sing songs in order to avoid the club getting in trouble, personally I think we should be careful on that basis but the club isn't making some sort of moral stance, they do what they have to do.

The Dundee Utd situation was clearly the club deciding to take a stance and make a point after the way we were treated, a sentiment the vast majority of fans agreed with. It was a one off thing and therefore people should have respected the club's wishes and just missed out on an away trip for once.

Whatever they think of me I give a fuck about the club, rightly or wrongly.

It was the other way round.

Aye them 3 grounds but I was meaning Dunfermline, they are nobodies.

Think we're getting mixed up in conversations then.

I don't care if people want to avoid or boycott games, I've always said that, I do feel supporting the team is more important than anything to me, but that is my opinion. I wont tell anyone what games they should and shouldn't go to. But it's not exactly a secret that I'm against boycotting any football ground.

I don't think there's a better GIRUY moment than going to their grounds in the thousands, drowning out the home support and winning there.

I don't care if people want to avoid or boycott games, I've always said that, I do feel supporting the team is more important than anything to me, but that is my opinion. I wont tell anyone what games they should and shouldn't go to. But it's not exactly a secret that I'm against boycotting any football ground.

I don't think there's a better GIRUY moment than going to their grounds in the thousands, drowning out the home support and winning there.

(tu)

I do generally agree with this sentiment Goat, the club's request made the key difference to me.

After Charles Green engineered a boycott of DU last season, do you see this happening again with any clubs this season?

Should it carry on up until and after we're in the top league again?

I think last season showed that a full on boycot will simply not happen against any club. We had an opportunity to put down the marker but it failed because ultimately some fans wanted to go with their personal preference rather than that of a club.

As a result I htink any further boycot attempts will go the same way and makes us look like the divided supporrt that we are