Doncaster on SSB - Heavy Hints Hearts NewCo will Stay In Premiership

Actually, we never got our equivalent licence back.

We got our SFA licence, but our SPL licence was given to Dundee.

thats what i meant, there is no league shares anymore to transfer, we are all one league body, either hearts stay in the SPFL or they simply dont play football for the rest of the season while the SPFL goes on with 11 teams, whats the point in that

So you think that a club that goes NewCo during the off season should be relegated to the bottom tier, but if they go NewCo a week after the season starts, they should retain their position?

Is that not a system set up to encourage teams to deliberately ditch midseason? Surely you have to treat things the same, regardless of timing.

it wont encourage teams to ditch midseason, there is no guarantee that teams can simply "newco" with enough assets to stay afloat as one entity, what it does do however is retains the leagues integrity instead of promoting teams mid seasonn or simply going with 11 teams for a season, thats just absolute nonsense

Is this not why the SFA have asked for proof of funding from Livingston in the past to ensure they could see out the season? Should they not be asking for Hearts to also do this?

the SFA have heehaw to do with it, remember that hearts are now at a level where they, as a stand alone club, are apparently running day to day at break even, its the debt from the two parent companies that are throwing them into the shit, the leagues proof of funding is the fact that hearts are meeting their day to day creditors

even if hearts offered up a couple of hundred grand as deposit that they will see out the season, im sure a newco owner wont give a shit if that vanishes in the grand scheme of things

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For hearts to be part of the SPFL they must hold that share.. My point is this if they newco were does that SPFl share transfer to and from.. Surely U can't tranfer a share from the SPFL to the SPFL..Even for this country that would be a new low.

So for me that means they would need to start off in league 2 with a totally new share.

As I understand it, the parent company of each football club is given a share in the SPFL, although the SPFL still hold that share. If the parent company goes bust, then the governing body offers that share to someone else. Logistically, the new parent company of that football club is given first refusal. That then goes to a vote whether to transfer the share, or offer the share to the new company.

As with us. Last year The Rangers FC Plc went out of business and the SPL had a vote on whether to transfer the share to The Rangers FC Ltd.

If the clubs voted no, then Hearts would actually be in a slightly more precarious position than we were. At least we had the option to apply to the SFL. If the SPFL were to say no (which they wouldn't) then where would Hearts go?? The only question would be, if the SPFL say Yes....would they stay in the Premiership or league 2?

My point being hearts newco will need to transfer hearts oldco share to themselves now we have one league body how can this happen? When the share in hearts oldco won't be worth anything

For hearts to be part of the SPFL they must hold that share.. My point is this if they newco were does that SPFl share transfer to and from.. Surely U can't tranfer a share from the SPFL to the SPFL..Even for this country that would be a new low.

So for me that means they would need to start off in league 2 with a totally new share.

The League own the share, they would take it from Oldco Hearts and then present it to Newco Hearts if the Board decide this is the best thing for Schottish football. :anguish:

thats what i meant, there is no league shares anymore to transfer, we are all one league body, either hearts stay in the SPFL or they simply dont play football for the rest of the season while the SPFL goes on with 11 teams, whats the point in that

it wont encourage teams to ditch midseason, there is no guarantee that teams can simply "newco" with enough assets to stay afloat as one entity, what it does do however is retains the leagues integrity instead of promoting teams mid seasonn or simply going with 11 teams for a season, thats just absolute nonsense

the SFA have heehaw to do with it, remember that hearts are now at a level where they, as a stand alone club, are apparently running day to day at break even, its the debt from the two parent companies that are throwing them into the shit, the leagues proof of funding is the fact that hearts are meeting their day to day creditors

even if hearts offered up a couple of hundred grand as deposit that they will see out the season, im sure a newco owner wont give a shit if that vanishes in the grand scheme of things

Pretty sure there are still league shares. Each club out of the 42, has one share. Might be wrong, but I think this is how they are working it.

I just cant agree with your idea that Hearts should stay in the top division because they went tits up mid-season, but if a club goes belly up in the off season, then they should be put to the bottom. That really is against 'sporting integrity'.

Of course it would encourage clubs to ditch mid-season. Clubs would manufacture a situation that would ensure their survival in a higher division and therefore increase the future revenue streams rather than naturally try and survive and risk having to start at the bottom of the pyramid!

we had the option to apply to the SFL. If the SPFL were to say no (which they wouldn't) then where would Hearts go?? The only question would be, if the SPFL say Yes....would they stay in the Premiership or league 2?

this is the only reason we got bumped - because they wanted to teach us a lesson, humble us and embarrass us. They didn't want us dead, just as handicapped as possible. If there was no SFL for us to have applied to, they would have transferred the share straight over to CG. I have no doubt. They saw this flaw in the 2-League setup immediately and realised if they didn't amalgamate other clubs in the SPL could find themselves down 3 leagues.

I think if they get penalised it'll be down to the Championship im afraid.

Pretty sure there are still league shares. Each club out of the 42, has one share. Might be wrong, but I think this is how they are working it.

I just cant agree with your idea that Hearts should stay in the top division because they went tits up mid-season, but if a club goes belly up in the off season, then they should be put to the bottom. That really is against 'sporting integrity'.

Of course it would encourage clubs to ditch mid-season. Clubs would manufacture a situation that would ensure their survival in a higher division and therefore increase the future revenue streams rather than naturally try and survive and risk having to start at the bottom of the pyramid!

each club has one share and thats it, no other league setups, no other league bodies, either its the SPFL or nothing, so hearts newco would need to ask for their share to be transferred, the board would decide yes or no, if they vote no then hearts are gone, bust, bye bye, no hearts whatsoever, no one would bother keeping the club together if there's no league to play in

the thing it comes down to is the whole leagues integrity, having 11 teams in its top divison for a season is an absolute farce no matter whether different precedent is set in a previous organisation

if hearts retain their share (they would) then there is only only slot available for them when the season has started and thats in the top division

As I understand it, the parent company of each football club is given a share in the SPFL, although the SPFL still hold that share. If the parent company goes bust, then the governing body offers that share to someone else. Logistically, the new parent company of that football club is given first refusal. That then goes to a vote whether to transfer the share, or offer the share to the new company.

As with us. Last year The Rangers FC Plc went out of business and the SPL had a vote on whether to transfer the share to The Rangers FC Ltd.

If the clubs voted no, then Hearts would actually be in a slightly more precarious position than we were. At least we had the option to apply to the SFL. If the SPFL were to say no (which they wouldn't) then where would Hearts go?? The only question would be, if the SPFL say Yes....would they stay in the Premiership or league 2?

watch what happens if they are voted into the perm, we then open the can of worms.. With many clubs threatening legal action against the SPFL.

Speak out and tell everyone how corrupt they are. And let them know that we will go to the courts.

...so, you cant say what you'd say, to whom you reply everyone and you cant answer on what basis you would speak out / take them to court?

Don't get me wrong, I'd be all for it mate but i'm not for running through the streets like a demented madman ranting to anyone who'll listen. Every cunt would just have another laugh at us.

...so, you cant say what you'd say, to whom you reply everyone and you cant answer on what basis you would speak out / take them to court?

Don't get me wrong, I'd be all for it mate but i'm not for running through the streets like a demented madman ranting to anyone who'll listen. Every cunt would just have another laugh at us.

They are still laughing at us mate. All we hear is we are keeping our powder dry, until the time is right. Wonder when that will be. as in my opinion, we are back to the dignified silence again.

They are still laughing at us mate. All we hear is we are keeping our powder dry, until the time is right. Wonder when that will be. as in my opinion, we are back to the dignified silence again.

If there is a route which we can successfully pursue, we will and I'm all for it BUT if it's gonna get laughed out because the situations being different, I'd rather bite my tongue. We need to know who to complain to? What is the complaint? It needs to run its course. Its not a similar situation because they forced through reconstruction before admitting Hearts were fucked. If we could prove that the SPL knew and kept quiet about Hearts situation until the newconstruction vote passed, we might have something to work with.

This was always going to happen, hence the reason hearts waited til season was over to announce admin

They knew that if they could drag their heels long enough to get the new season under way they would have a much better chance of staying in top flight as kicking them out mid season is a logistical nightmare for everyone. Can see the league giving them every help re stadium to play in etc If it comes to it

Sporting integrity is just a facade of a bitter taig run campaign to kill us off

Hearts will be in free fall regardless and we would be seeing them in div 1 next season anyway

watch what happens if they are voted into the perm, we then open the can of worms.. With many clubs threatening legal action against the SPFL.

why would they, i dont know of ANY team that has been promoted/relegated mid season, if the league doesnt keep hearts in the top flight then they will screw up the leagues and likely kill hearts off completely, both are ideas that are of no benefit to scottish football

If the outcome is liquidation and it goes to a vote and they are allowed to stay in the top league then it sure will be interesting to see and hear what the Rangers Board and Craig Mather have to say about that. What voice wil be found then I wonder. What leadership from the top of the Rangers Board on the treatment of one club measured against the treatment of Rangers. Oh the media and others will be out there looking to drive giant wedges of difference in the cases to try to justify the decisions. But the stance of the Rangers Board would be the most important factor imo. Charles Green and Ally McCoist attended the meetings when Rangers were going through all of the concerted attacks on Rangers by the SPL. Memories are still very fresh. Board members will have been briefed on the active harm, and the other stuff that was going on from the SPL (all of its clubs remember) and the SFA. We are told that Rangers will take action when the time is right and that it will use its voice. I'm sure they will bear in mind when they are deciding what to say and how to say it that in being removed from the SPL and into Div 3 Rangers was deprived of the opportunity to compete in Europe, was denied the opportunity to compete to win the top league and suffers financially for the years it will take to become fully competitive at the top again. Liquidation at Hearts that does not result in demotion would, I suggest, not be an acceptable outcome for the Rangers Board. It would be a failure of natural justice and I would expect to see and hear of the action the Board would take in that circumstance.

You would certainly hope the Rangers' Board would take action in these circumstances, but I doubt it.

What Rangers' fans should do, in these circumstances, is bombard Uefa with emails complaining of how corrupt Scottish football is and highlighting the injustice done to our club. At the very least, this would bring an embarrassing spotlight on the SPFL and the SFA !!!

If there is a route which we can successfully pursue, we will and I'm all for it BUT if it's gonna get laughed out because the situations being different, I'd rather bite my tongue. We need to know who to complain to? What is the complaint? It needs to run its course. Its not a similar situation because they forced through reconstruction before admitting Hearts were fucked. If we could prove that the SPL knew and kept quiet about Hearts situation until the newconstruction vote passed, we might have something to work with.

Its very possible they have covered it up, not just for Hearts but also Dunfermline as sky sports said today that they are close to being liquidated. This lot in charge of Scottish football are more corrupt than the Italian mafia.