Doncaster on SSB - Heavy Hints Hearts NewCo will Stay In Premiership

Just listening to SSB (I know, I know!) with Doncaster being on sounding very sleazy.

Heavy hints coming out that Hearts if they fail to gain a CVA and go NewCo will retain their place in the top division.

When pressed by a caller, one of the other pundits stated that if Hearts went NewCo they would have to start at the bottom like Rangers. The pundit then asked Doncaster 'That has to happen right?' to which he replied 'Oh well I dont know about that now!'. He than went on to state that the transfer of their league share would be at the total discretion of the board.

Sounds like if Hearts NewCo mid season, and somehow find a stadium to play in, they will be allowed to keep their place. Would be an absolute scandal if true after what we were put through.

I still think they are close enough in discussions to get a CVA, but listening to this guy made my blood boil.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can you chuck a team out the league mid season?

If they fuck up before the season starts I see the point but what do you do, whip a team up from the Championship and start on zero points?

Void their results and play with 11 teams.

They can apply to join the bottom tier the next year.

This is exactly why I was against reconstruction. It was the failsafe for any other SPL club that suffered a newco event to retain their share in the league. We had our old SPL share removed for being a newco and were left to apply to the SFL. Now all 42 clubs have a share in the SPFL, if one club were to newco, its unlikely they will remove their share. They've fudged the whole thing up to protect the SPL clubs from going the same route as we were forced down. IMO that is ALL reconstruction was about. There is a time and a place so Ill say Bastards!

Wouldn't happen. Even in this blatantly biased country that is a step they couldn't defend. Lets not get worked up about it, lets just sit back, enjoy the show, and applaud/riot as appropriate at the end of it.

What he said is correct. It has nothing to do with Doncaster, it is up to the clubs to vote on the matter.

Is it actually up to the clubs to vote? I thought he said it was up to the 'board' to vote. Is that not a very small, top heavy selection of the clubs?

Anyway, after last summer, they should have put strict rules in place. Instead they have left it 'to the total discretion of the board'. Which really means no rules and they can make whatever they want happen.

That would have to end up in a court of law, if the SPL had ended and the SPFL had been a newco we wouldn't have a leg to stand on, but the SFL was swallowed up by the SPL and so effectivly the SPL still exists albeit under a different name. Discrimination pure and simple.

Post #10 StornowayBlue - never thought of that.

That would have to end up in a court of law, if the SPL had ended and the SPFL had been a newco we wouldn't have a leg to stand on, but the SFL was swallowed up by the SPL and so effectivly the SPL still exists albeit under a different name. Discrimination pure and simple.

Nah, not a hope and hell. As fucking shady as it is, its not illegal.

You do realise you are getting angry about something that hasn't happened yet....HMRC proved today they only don't do a deal when it involves rangers so although I appreciate they aren't the main creditor at hearts I have absolutely no doubt they will get a CVA passed!

The thing that annoys me is that we get accused of running away from debt etc yet a CVA is exactly that! There is no difference other than allowing the same cooperate company to continue as is on paper, despite completely new ownership changing the cooperate governance.

You do realise you are getting angry about something that hasn't happened yet....HMRC proved today they only don't do a deal when it involves rangers so although I appreciate they aren't the main creditor at hearts I have absolutely no doubt they will get a CVA passed!

The thing that annoys me is that we get accused of running away from debt etc yet a CVA is exactly that! There is no difference other than allowing the same cooperate company to continue as is on paper, despite completely new ownership changing the cooperate governance.

Yeah isn't that what the internet's for.

A thread from mitre that's complete supposition and conjecture with a negative slant that will no doubt get some into a dizzy fit.

Surprising... :rolleyes:

Haha, was only so long we could agree on things for!

Seriously though, was anyone else listening to it at the time? Its certainly the vibe I was getting from Doncaster, but only listened to about 15 mins on the way home from work. Might have been other things said that counter this.