No financial penalty for Hearts

rangersxfc

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What a load of bull! Even a token fine should've been applied.

Why is their transfer embargo only until February? Surely it should've been until end of the season?

Smacks of double standards to me!

sport.stv.tv/football/234744-hearts-hit-with-extended-signing-ban-by-sfa-for-entering-administration/

Stv...

Hearts hit with new signing ban by Scottish FA for entering administration

Thu, 1 Aug 2013 15:31:26 BST

Heart of Midlothian have been barred for registering new players over the age of 21 until February 2014 by the Scottish FA.

The decision was reached at Hampden on Thursday is punishment for the club entering administration.

The embargo will bar the club from recruiting players older than 21 until the end of the January transfer window and means Gary Locke will be unable to add experienced players to his small squad of players until at least February.

No financial penalty was imposed by the disciplinary panel.

Hearts were represented at the hearing by joint administrator Trevor Birch, of BDO.

Hearts entered administration on June 19 as the weight of their debts become too much for the club to continue with.

BDO were appointed with the blessing of the Lithuanian authorities, to whom the club owes around £25m to Ukio Bankas and UBIG.

The automatic sanctions imposed by the SPL, now rebranded at the SPFL, were a 15 point penalty for the season ahead, plus a full registration embargo for the duration of the administration.

There are currently two bidders attempting to buy the club out of administration.

However neither fan-backed Foundation of Hearts, nor Five Star Football Ltd run by former Livingston owner Angelo Massone, have yet been able to agree a deal with the major creditors in Lithuania.

Although fining a club in administration is ludicrous a precedent was set im march 2012 by the sfa. 50, 000 for entering administration 100, 000 for bringing the game into disrepute and a transfer embargo for 12 months. Who the hell can we get to sort this bigoted association out?

If this is indeed the case, I would expect our club to be absolutely outraged by this given what we were subjected to last year. If the SPFL have sanctioned this I would also expect our club to be looking down the legal route to establish why one set of punishments were used against one club and an entirely different rule was used against another for the same offense.

If this is indeed the case, I would expect our club to be absolutely outraged by this given what we were subjected to last year. If the SPFL have sanctioned this I would also expect our club to be looking down the legal route to establish why one set of punishments were used against one club and an entirely different rule was used against another for the same offense.

Thats more sensible and rational than my outburst but I am really disgusted at the football authorities. Where is the level playing field?

Different organisation, different rule book I'm afraid, it's shite, but there it is.

They will not get involved

We are weak in the boardroom and the Pr department or we would be tackling the idiots who have one law for Rangers and one law for the rest of the clubs.

What a corrupt set of bastards we have currently running Scottish Football.

I wonder if the SPL and the SPFL can be construed as 2 different companies and therefore that is why the 2 punishments are different?

Even if this is the case, sporting integrity seems to have went down the pan.

Expect the deafening silence from the usual media sources and of course, RFC!