***Rangers v Newcastle United***

G.E.C.

Cant believe some people in this thread. "Not going because of the game on Saturday". Get a grip. Since when did Rangers fans not go to a game because of a poor result? I for one will be there supporting my club. Am I angry about the results and the backstage business? Yes. However, right now reading this thread has made me even more angry with some of the fans here.

If you can't go due to money, other commitments, location etc then that's fine. But to try to make a statement by not actively supporting the team is ludicrous and detrimental in my view.

All bow down to Mr Rangers. :praise:

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rangers have appealed to Newcastle United supporters not to attempt to bring smoke canisters into Ibrox when the sides meet for a pre-season friendly this week.

The Magpies travel to Glasgow on Tuesday (kick-off 7.45pm) and are likely to be backed by a sizeable following north of the border.

A rigorous searching operation will be conducted outside the turnstiles ahead of kick-off and anyone found trying to take a smoke canister or flare into the stadium, or discharging one inside, will be arrested and prosecuted.

Newcastle United will take strong action against any such individuals.

They've sold out their allocation apparently, 1000 heading down.

There is absolutely no point in playing more than one or two of the players who can't play until September tomorrow. If we're stuck with this "weakened" squad for the next month then prepare them, utilise them and get the best out of them.

Don't put all the signings of the summer to try and kid on the fans that everything is rosy.

There is absolutely no point in playing more than one or two of the players who can't play until September tomorrow. If we're stuck with this "weakened" squad for the next month then prepare them, utilise them and get the best out of them.

Don't put all the signings of the summer to try and kid on the fans that everything is rosy.

Not playing our new signings would be absolutely moronic. These guys need games so when September comes they're not complacent with sitting on their arses and they need the experience playing together. If we played with a team similar to the weekends, with a couple f changes, we'd get beat with an absolutely embarrassing score line. As mentioned, Pardew is putting out his strongest team possible, we should be doing the same.

Anyway, I'll be there supporting the team I love and seeing my second team. WATP.

Cant believe some people in this thread. "Not going because of the game on Saturday". Get a grip. Since when did Rangers fans not go to a game because of a poor result? I for one will be there supporting my club. Am I angry about the results and the backstage business? Yes. However, right now reading this thread has made me even more angry with some of the fans here.

If you can't go due to money, other commitments, location etc then that's fine. But to try to make a statement by not actively supporting the team is ludicrous and detrimental in my view.

Agree with you there mate.

I too will be travelling through from Edinburgh to support our team for this, the first home game of the season.

we should be playing the team we are going to be playing on saturday

Id like that to happen but doubt it .

I'd rather we didn't get absolutely humiliated, which we will do without a full strength team.

At least with all the new signings on the park we have a chance of a respectable result, rather than a morale sapping 10-0 pumping.