• Dean Shiels
    • David Templeton
    • Lee Wallace
    • Other (Please state)

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With our game against Newcastle tonight I believe we should play our strongest team whether they are eligible to play til September or not. Which got me thinking about our squad and who is our best player.

Thought I'd make a poll to see how wide the spectrum of opinion is when it comes to deciding who that player is.

Apologies if I didn't include someone who you think should be there or included someone who you don't think should be there.

If you could try and explain your opinion for your choice it would be appreciated.

Very good question Al. I picked Lewis because I can see the difference he makes to us and his vision and passing can be match changing for us. Also his youth and potential mean he can get even better and I believe he will but I tell you what there's a lot of contenders in there, Wallace's pace and trickery Temps magic and sublime goal scoring ability, Laws skill and drive, Mohsni and his tough tackles and ball distribution they are all very good on their day but Lewis is pretty consistent which isn't the case with some others especisly Temps. Great thread bud :thumbup:

Lee Wallace.

Nicky Law has played in one competitive game, so it would be ridiculous to judge him on that.

Templeton has the potential, but a flair player like him will never turn it on week-in, week-out.

I've been disappointed by Macleod this week; he had a shocker on Saturday, then a few poor touches last night, but he's still a young boy.

After tonight's performance I really like the look of big Moshni I think he's gona be a fantastic signing so cool on the ball and an absolute rock in centre defence!

This. Big man look excellent tonight. Also like the look of Peralta. Got to be Waldo at the moment though. Once the new signings are playing every week I think we have a very good team and will see a big improvement on last years performances. Mon the gers

I think Wallace is by far and away our best player at the moment albeit both Law and Moshni look like they have the potentiol to challenge him for that accolade in time....

Macleod is a fantastic prospect who I am confident will become a top player but he still has alot to learn and aspects of his game to improve on.....

Voted for Wallace. Fantastic player and deserves to be playing at a higher level. His head did seem to drop last year and didn't look interested at times but still performed reasonably well. Can't forget that he was the first player to transfer his contract over and for that he will go down as a Rangers legend, as will Jig, Alexander etc.

Jig was excellent and easily our most consistent player last season, but not sure how he will fair this time around. I think there's too much pressure on MacLeod to perform and he may become another John Fleck. Too early to judge any of the new signings but I think Ally and the backroom staff have done an exceptional job in singing new recruits. Templeton and Shiels are fairly injury prone and inconsistent, albeit both scored a few goals last season. I think Templeton does have something special, and hope too see more from him in the coming season.