Is there any REAL financial experts on here.....

gersandy

..... Who can shine some light on recent developments at the club.

For a start, I don't read newspapers or watch the news at all. I get most of my rangers news from on here or the club website.

But the past few days, I've been reading comments on here that we could be on the verge of entering administration again.

Is it just scare mongering? Can anyone clarify our financial situation?

NO!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a financial expert by any stretch, bit if you look at the £30m+ that we have blasted over the last year against the £10m in the bank, it doesn't take a genius to work out that we will be skint in a few months.

You're right, you're not financial expert, nor are you a genius. Approx 23M GBP spent on one off buys last year.

Try this :-

1. Puma money to come in.

2. Blackthorn money to come in.

3. Shirt sales to come in. (Ever wondered why they were late this year.)

4. ST money to come in. (Normally started in May in previous seasons.)

5. Corporate money to come in.

6. Pay at the gate money to come in.

7. Other forms of Income to come in.

All of this is for season 2013/14, so could not have been in accounts for 2012/13 which ended in June.

I am neither a financial expert or a genius, but I am able to see things in a clear light.

Not an expert but we've seen £22 million disappear in 6 months and have £10 milllion, from this season's seasons ticket money, in the bank at the minute to keep the club running.

Depending on how much we lose a month, that money could be gone shortly and we can easily be back in the shit.

Yes the ipo money looks to have been eaten into but till we know how much has actually went on day to day running costs it's speculation to say Rangers will run out of money.

Could be that money has gone on frivolous one off spending like signing players,legal costs, Football debts etc.

If the club really thought we would be running out of money soon i've no doubt that Rangers would be making huge cutbacks right now.

You're right, you're not financial expert, nor are you a genius. Approx 23M GBP spent on one off buys last year.

All of this is for season 2013/14, so could not have been in accounts for 2012/13 which ended in June.

I am neither a financial expert or a genius, but I am able to see things in a clear light.

Still won,t be enough

Where is this £23m number coming from?

Where is this £23m number coming from?

Buying of Club from D&P.

Company set costs.

Runaway players wages, tax and NI.

Football debts as 5 way agreement.

IPO set up costs.

Edmiston House.

Albion Carpark.

2 Shops at Airport and in Belfast.

Legal costs for all of above.

Legal costs for other.

Players renumeration (Goian and Boca).

That's some of the bigger one offs.

How much did Edmonson House (has the money been put aside or spent to refurbish it), Albion carpark, the footballing debts, fines, investigations, new screens, wi-fi and the refubishments of some areas of Ibrox(Kitchens?) cost? Once we have this we have a start point of moneys going out of the IPO money. We then can look at the other costs such as players and staff wages; subtract that and we can see what remains. I ask not to be smart but I can't remembers the numbers involved.

Post above has a better list (Thanks mate) but it is the numbers I need.

How much did Edmonson House (has the money been put aside or spent to refurbish it), Albion carpark, the footballing debts, fines, investigations, new screens, wi-fi and the refubishments of some areas of Ibrox(Kitchens?) cost? Once we have this we have a start point of moneys going out of the IPO money. We then can look at the other costs such as players and staff wages; subtract that and we can see what remains. I ask not to be smart but I can't remembers the numbers involved.

Post above has a better list (Thanks mate) but it is the numbers I need.

I dont know but Ill make some up if you want, seems to be popular.

Buying of Club from D&P.

Company set costs.

IPO set up costs.

Edmiston House.

Albion Carpark.

Legal costs for other.

Players wages as a one off cost?

Looking purely at Sandaza, and assuming that Black, Templeton, Shiels et al are on similar contracts, then the wage bill will have jumped up a third before we have even signed another 8 players.

£23m is a massive over estimation imo. If it is true, then it means last season cost us £10m in normal overheads.

These accounts can't come out fast enough....

Have we even got an overdraft facility yet? It's ok saying we have 10m or so and money coming in, but we also have plenty to pay out during a season, and without an overdraft, it could get a bit twitchy towards the end of the season. Maybe Green or Ahmad will lend us a few bob again, at a reasonable interest rate.

Players wages as a one off cost?

Looking purely at Sandaza, and assuming that Black, Templeton, Shiels et al are on similar contracts, then the wage bill will have jumped up a third before we have even signed another 8 players.

£23m is a massive over estimation imo. If it is true, then it means last season cost us £10m in normal overheads.

These accounts can't come out fast enough....

Please read what I have written, "Runaway players" as in Paysmith , Whittaker etc. They were paid from post admin until they left and they were not on reduced pay as at during Admin.

No, this bit is a bit deeper, basically income minus expenditure, ie ST's + corporate etc etc, minus wages and other outgoings. This is complex to the ordinary man like you and I, as Corporate Governance is a legal minefield and a good Accountant will do everything to ensure his client pays the minimum tax possible.

Buying of Club from D&P.

Company set costs.

IPO set up costs.

Edmiston House.

Albion Carpark.

Legal costs for other.

So are you saying the club was bought with IPO money?

That would be controversial

Not an expert but we've seen £22 million disappear in 6 months and have £10 milllion, from this season's seasons ticket money, in the bank at the minute to keep the club running.

Depending on how much we lose a month, that money could be gone shortly and we can easily be back in the shit.

This is the very point , something needs to be done NOW, not when we are left in massive debts and no money in the bank !!! Can we afford the management and player squad we have ??? surely Stockbridge could at least answer simple finance questions like how much money are we taking in ?? how much are you committed to spend ??? not rocket science, most households have to do it every year !!!

..... Who can shine some light on recent developments at the club.

For a start, I don't read newspapers or watch the news at all. I get most of my rangers news from on here or the club website.

But the past few days, I've been reading comments on here that we could be on the verge of entering administration again.

Is it just scare mongering? Can anyone clarify our financial situation?

Stockbridge stated last night that if the Club was looking likely to become insolvent he had a fiduciary duty to inform to declare the situation.

As for are there any accountancy experts on RM, the answer is clearly NO. We have too many amateur accountants working themselves up to a lather without having any real knowledge of the Club's financial position. Most posters mean well but many cause more harm than good with their panic posts and reckless speculation on figures.

Stockbridge stated last night that if the Club was looking likely to become insolvent he had a fiduciary duty to inform to declare the situation.

As for are there any accountancy experts on RM, the answer is clearly NO. We have too many amateur accountants working themselves up to a lather without having any real knowledge of the Club's financial position. Most posters mean well but many cause more harm than good with their panic posts and reckless speculation on figures.

Reckless speculation ???? money raised from stockmarket float £23M ??? money left in bank £10m all accepted figures and clearly correct as Stockbridge told the meeting that was what was left... thats real knowledge , PANIC feck YES cause we wont have a club again if this continues !!!