Is there any REAL financial experts on here.....

gersandy

..... Who can shine some light on recent developments at the club.

For a start, I don't read newspapers or watch the news at all. I get most of my rangers news from on here or the club website.

But the past few days, I've been reading comments on here that we could be on the verge of entering administration again.

Is it just scare mongering? Can anyone clarify our financial situation?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr Micawber's famous, and oft-quoted, recipe for happiness:

"Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen [pounds] nineteen [shillings] and six [pence], result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery."

In order for a club to go into administration, that club must be in considerable debt, and for those debtors to demand to be payed the money they are owed. Now as far as I am aware, Rangers Football Club are not in any debt, if recent press articles are anything to go by, but until any official documentation on the Club's accounts are released, we cannot be sure of the severity of the situation.

Administration is Improbable, but not Impossible.

In order for a club to go into administration, that club must be in considerable debt, and for those debtors to demand to be payed the money they are owed. Now as far as I am aware, Rangers Football Club are not in any debt, if recent press articles are anything to go by, but until any official documentation on the Club's accounts are released, we cannot be sure of the severity of the situation.

Administration is Improbable, but not Impossible.

Untrue. A company can and should file for insolvency as soon as it understands it is in a position to meet current or future commitments.

I work in finance, but am not an expert.

From what i gather we are no where near administration therefore a small amount have started the scaremongering which is unnecessary.

However i believe that this seasons STs, puma and blackthorn monies are included in the "over £10M" comment which means it is a lot worse (financial sate) than the board expected 7 months ago.

But i am no financial expert, but ask me how to save money; im all over that.

Must be the first time ever a club with no debt and over £10m in the bank have been predicted to go into administration, especially one that's not had a penny of a new shirt deal said to be on par with EPL teams.

Clubs don't go into admin because of short term funding gaps even if the stories were true, doubt we don't have any lines of credit which would plag any gap either.

Malcolm murray said a few months back Rangers were in good shape money wise now he has joined teams with Mini murray who says we are in trouble, have things changed so much in such a short time or is it brinkmanship by some to get on the board?

Not a financial expert by any stretch, bit if you look at the £30m+ that we have blasted over the last year against the £10m in the bank, it doesn't take a genius to work out that we will be skint in a few months.

Now won't, there has been over £23M worth of one off purchases/payments in the last year which wont happen this year or any in the future.

..... Who can shine some light on recent developments at the club.

For a start, I don't read newspapers or watch the news at all. I get most of my rangers news from on here or the club website.

But the past few days, I've been reading comments on here that we could be on the verge of entering administration again.

Is it just scare mongering? Can anyone clarify our financial situation?

You calm doon, Sandy Four-Threads.

tumblr_mjx141CA061rseu6io1_500.gif

Not an expert but we've seen £22 million disappear in 6 months and have £10 milllion, from this season's seasons ticket money, in the bank at the minute to keep the club running.

Depending on how much we lose a month, that money could be gone shortly and we can easily be back in the shit.

All anybody can tell you is the accounts will be released at the end of this month, me, I'm going to calmly wait and see.

Far to sensible much better to panic, misinterpret and partake in scare mongering. I'm with you on the patience thing. Once the accounts are out we can then panic! :pipe:

From what i gather we are no where near administration therefore a small amount have started the scaremongering which is unnecessary.

However i believe that this seasons STs, puma and blackthorn monies are included in the "over £10M" comment which means it is a lot worse (financial sate) than the board expected 7 months ago.

But i am no financial expert, but ask me how to save money; im all over that.

The over £10m figure includes ST sales but the club have not received any money from Puma to date, so it doesn't include that. We have game tomorrow which will bring in revenue plus the shirts have just gone on sale.

Unsure on whether we've received money from Blackthorn yet or not.