Good substitution by Ally today.

ha constructive criticism oh is that what it was ha silly me

Your really coming across childish here....the thread title is good substitution by ally....does that mean the only people allowed on this thread are ones who agree with that! If you have nothing constructive to add other than your perceived ally is above critique nonsense then why reply?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We were murdering them the 1st half and Robbie Crawford was playing as No 10, coming short and also getting in beside and in behind Daly.

For some strange reason Ally punted him out wide the 2nd half and we lost it a little.

Why change what is not broken ? We could have scored 6 or 7 in the 1st half.

because of his unnecessary change It took us 10 minutes to adjust and they scored

Shields took his goal well but you expect Rangers to score goals against part timers in the later stages of games due to fitness levels.

Imagine a full time professional international footballer scoring a goal against plumbers and joiners ???? whatever next ?

The manager must be a genius

Cribari was subbed at the half time break due to injury. Missed that out in your little critique. Hence the changes. As for us having higher fitness levels: Shiels is just coming back from injury yet turned the match! Would you be happier if our international footballers didn't score against the opposition. Sounds that way.

Cribari was subbed at the half time break due to injury. Missed that out in your little critique. Hence the changes. Would you be happier if our international footballers didn't score against the opposition. Sounds that way.

What did the Cribari substitution have to do with Robbie Crawford, It was a like for like change and it did not affect the shape of the team.

If a player is injured and has to come off, make 1 change, not 3.

and why does it sound that way ? You make rather strange assumptions.

I enjoyed the game today, so much better than what we were exposed to last season,

But lets not shower a poor Rangers manager with praise for beating Brechin City, have our expectations dropped so low ?

What did the Cribari substitution have to do with Robbie Crawford, It was a like for like change and it did not affect the shape of the team.

If a player is injured and has to come off, make 1 change, not 3.

and why does it sound that way ? You make rather strange assumptions.

I enjoyed the game today, so much better than what we were exposed to last season,

But lets not shower a poor Rangers manager with praise for beating Brechin City, have our expectations dropped so low ?

Let's not praise Ally for a 4-1 victory, eh? Even though he chose the team, made the subs and chose the tactics. The players won the match despite him, eh? You think Ally is a poor manager and won't give him credit when things that he is responsible for go right. That is abundantly clear to me.

It was the right sub but came about 15 minutes later than it should have! The whole 2nd half was flat and we should have made a change to raise the tempo again but he waited till they scored which highlights to me ally's biggest weakness as a manager....the ability to change/alter things and affect change in the game!

Also at 4-1 why not give McKay, aird or Murdoch some game time?

Totally agree with this! The first 30 mins of the second half just passed us by. A more pro-active manager would have made tactical substitutions before we conceded that goal to put us on the front foot again.

I have no idea why McKay, Aird or Murdoch didn't get a run out either. Brechin were finished when we got the penalty, so it would have made sense to get fresh legs on.

Let's not praise Ally for a 4-1 victory, eh? Even though he chose the team, made the subs and chose the tactics. The players won the match despite him, eh? You think Ally is a poor manager and won't give him credit when things that he is responsible for go right. That is abundantly clear to me.

Your really poor at that assumption caper, but charge on regardless.

The team played well today in stages. we looked sharper, fitter, physically and technically superior, as you would expect.

We basically did what you would expect us to do, I predicted 4 or 5-0. On another day with better finishing we could have scored 7,8,9.

We really troubled them in the 1st half and Crawford was linking well with Law and with Daly, So I was amazed when he was shifted out to wide right.

Your response to that question is that our Centre half was injured ??????? odd response that you have decided not to even attempt to justify. I don't blame you.

You are correct in one respect, I do not believe that Ally McCoist is a good manager. I have already stated that.

I never ever thought he would become a good manager either because I do not believe that he has any man management skills and I don't think people with his type of personality are able to get the best out of players.

Regardless if it was an attack or not it was an idiotic thing to say in public.

1st league defeat and I think he will go.

Your really poor at that assumption caper, but charge on regardless.

The team played well today in stages. we looked sharper, fitter, physically and technically superior, as you would expect.

We basically did what you would expect us to do, I predicted 4 or 5-0. On another day with better finishing we could have scored 7,8,9.

We really troubled them in the 1st half and Crawford was linking well with Law and with Daly, So I was amazed when he was shifted out to wide right.

Your response to that question is that our Centre half was injured ??????? odd response that you have decided not to even attempt to justify. I don't blame you.

You are correct in one respect, I do not believe that Ally McCoist is a good manager. I have already stated that.

I never ever thought he would become a good manager either because I do not believe that he has any man management skills and I don't think people with his type of personality are able to get the best out of players.

you chose not to answer some of my points too. Och well, I'm away out to get drunk. Have fun.

Totally agree, it was just what we needed. It'll be interesting to see how much game time and where Deano is going to get this season.

hope he keeps injury free, because, he is capable of scoring a lot of goals.rangers today showed alot of good football.players like mohsni and peralta coming in, will make us even stronger.

A good win, but clearly Crawford is wasted out wide. Shiels is a class player and may respond greatly to the new players coming in.

The midfield needs a natural winger especially on the right although Peralta seems to cross well albeit he is not a winger.

Places in the team will be well contested come Sept 1.

I still hope they sign that Bosnian CH. We may not be able to afford him all the same.

Watching Law, Shiels and Macleod interchange today I felt that those three are the make up of our best midfield.

Sheils is a good player but I don't think he has the discipline to play CM or in a wide midfield role. To get the best out of sheils he is best suited to the number 10 role or a free role as an AM behind 2 strikers.

It definetly gives us good options to change things.....if we set up like today then he would start where Crawford did and if we wanted to go 4-4-2 we could play with a midfield diamond with him at the top and encourage Wallace and foster to provide the width which I'm sure they could do...as you say though mate the encouraging thing is the options we will have come 1st sept, it's just imperative that ally gets the best out of them.

It was the right sub but came about 15 minutes later than it should have! The whole 2nd half was flat and we should have made a change to raise the tempo again but he waited till they scored which highlights to me ally's biggest weakness as a manager....the ability to change/alter things and affect change in the game!

Also at 4-1 why not give McKay, aird or Murdoch some game time?

It must just be your writing style but here we have a 4-1 win, with the team playing good football and substitutions that made a difference and you critique only focusses on the minor negative you can find. What about some praise for the way we kept the ball on the deck, retained possession and played from the back through midfield. Or even how well the new signings played ( but Daly does need a goal!!) . Our first half was some great football, we did go a but flat in second half, they scored a wonder goal and we added another two , one an absolute peach. I assume you do see the good stuff as well?